Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Dang I missed getting Dozle's Zaku? That thing is fancy looking. I think the only person who can outdo that is M'quve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Why are they bringing the Blue Destiny suits back? The Efreet EXAM was such a disappointment. I'd rather have the Schneid or Nacht. Schneid has better weapons and the Nacht has a stealth gimmick. Even the standard Efreet would be better in MSGO's large scale setting.

EDIT: What did Al get put on post probation for?

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 13, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Amongst the DX suits to bring to the GP Gashacon, it seems that they chose the units that won't change the meta too much. You may remember that other variants of the Efreet were on earlier surveys of suits Zeon players would like to see next, but they were less popular than the Efreet custom.

Amongst Zeon's assaults, the Efreet Custom is a pretty bad front-line fighter(No bazooka, no strong medium ranged weapon, no shield). Having strong melee alone doesn't break stalemates. It is better suited for defense and harassment tactics.

This is an "all-in" kinda suit but you still have to make careful plays to survive, score well, and keep your kill streak bonus going.

It shines in base defenses(Kill lots of enemies quickly with melee as they are preoccupied shooting the base) and urban environments where stealth melee play is more viable(New York comes to mind).

Don't get an Efreet Custom if you have a Dozle Zaku already. Dozle Zaku is slightly weaker in the melee department(No EXAM mode, slightly less base speed) but is cheaper and can basically perform the same role as the Efreet Custom while being better at breaking stalemates.

E: All of that being said... a gold Efreet Custom that is shotgun traited(and under the EXAM buff) has the best potential close range damage amongst Zeon's assaults. It is not uncommon to 3 shot Protogundams with the default shotgun. Silver Efreet Customs cannot get a shotgun.

It's too bad it won in popularity. I wonder why MSGO didn't have a development type of setting where you have a suit you can research if you have the suit it was developed from. I would have the Efreet and then researched the other two. Alas, I didn't develop the game nor am I a part of their company.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

...that sounds very reasonable, and seems like it would be a nice re-haul or addition to the customization system.

They'd have a lot of work cut out for themselves due to the amount of variants they'd have to do the art and balancing for.

I have a hard time thinking how it would make them more money than the current system though :v:

There's ways they could still make money off of it. I've been playing Warframe while MSGO patches and their system makes them plenty of money. You can buy the components to make your Warframe and then pay to rush the completion. MSGO could do the same but considering the variants of the suits, they'd either have to lower the time needed to develop or make parts cheap. It's completely doable and would probably make them a lot more money considering how many mobile suits MSV adds to all the Gundam universes. Considering the UC timeline is the most in depth, it's a gold mine with no dwarves in it.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

A bit more news on the rebalancing

Aside from the rebalancing on the 29th, they said that you will also be allowed to freely customize your loadout's main/special/sub weapons.

They are planning to let you swap in whatever weapons you like on your suit as long as they are not duplicates. Sub types count as duplicates.

ie. You can't wield 3 Bazooka F's as a Dom or a Bazooka N as well as a Bazooka F.

So I could have a beam rifle on any suit? Is there anything regarding shields? Is this gonna be Gundam Breaker?

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Not any suit. If that weapon was in the suit's equipment set, you can now equip it in a different slot.

ie. Normally Zaku II FS can't get a shotgun AND the head vulcans.

If you wanted to go shotgun/head vulcans/bazooka now you can. You can't use weapons that are not available to the suit anyway, so you won't see Doms speeding around with beam rifles.

drat I was wanting a Dom with a beam rifle. I guess I'll figure out what works best for myself.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Zo posted:

Built a silver action zaku, but couldn't use the charge beam for poo poo. Seriously how do you effectively use that? Missing a shot is devastating with the reload.

Switched to regular beam rifle F type and it's been great. Including a 10-kill streak on a space map (and many many assists). Finally I can go pew pew pew!

Using the 3-pt burst is advisable with the glorious, pussy gettin' wet mobile suit known as the Act Zaku. Also, the bullpup gets the women as well. In all seriousness, the 3-pt burst is almost always the best option and the bullpup is great. But use whatever works best for you.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
30 master tickets? I hope I got them. This drat game is taking way too long to patch.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I'm getting the feeling that the game isn't patching at all.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Did you change your timezone to Japan? I have to do that or it doesn't patch right.

Also some of the new suits in the balance patch have been posted. M'Quve Custom Gouf! Commander Zaku Sniper loadout! A makaku that's support for some reason!

I changed the timezone. I'll see how it goes. Hopefully I get back in time to grab those suits!

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I think it's working now but I can't connect. I have Mudfish installed but I'm not sure if I have to do anything else. I looked around their support forum but couldn't find anything.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Where does the problem happen? Like does the game launch and die before server select or does the launcher time out?

It happens at the login screen. I don't get any kind of notification of me not being able to log in either.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

randombattle posted:

Sounds like a problem with your VPN. If you use wtfast try just picking a vpn from tokyo instead of letting it pick the best one. I sometimes have some problems when it does that. If you don't use wtfast I dunno cause it's the only one I've used.

If that doesn't work try repatching in the launcher.

Switched it to Tokyo and it got even worse, haha. This is mildly irritating.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I got WTFast. Still can't play.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Tokyo JP3 doesn't work on WTFast. If it was picking a server automatically it may have picked that one. Try Tokyo JP1 or Tokyo JP2.

Tried that and I still can't play. It does the loading bar bit but nothing happens after that. The bar disappears and I have to enter my login info again. I've been itching to play for the longest time.

Edit: WTFast is working now. HAHAHAHA! THE FEDDIES ARE DEAD!

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 25, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I'm liking the buffs to the Gouf Custom!

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Dual wield beam guns? And we get a Gabaldy Alpha and a Gelgoog. I don't know about this.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Well, Mudfish went back to not working. I can't fix it.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Are you trying the Amazon server? It doesn't work, try Linode or Softbank.

I always used the Linode server.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Found this video when I was messing around on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRLnSE77r1Q

Oh man there's a second one. I don't know if it's my lack of sleep that makes this funny or if it really is just funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tg5fIjuxqk

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 15, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Hahaha that's great! Here is my favourite dub.

I need to say that to guys I work with now! That is 100% gold!

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Feddies will always get better suits. I'm not really surprised with their new DX release. I already dislike melee fights with their suits and this will just make me avoid them even more.

EDIT: And our choices were good but I don't know why a proto/test type would be popular when you can vote for the final product. I had a huge paragraph typed up below this but it's pointless. The game needs money and this is how they get it.

EDIT: As a side note, the Feddies can bring their poo poo to me in Kizuna and catch a Zaku I's shoulder in their chest. No one can out pilot me in that game.

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 26, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey guys. Just seeing how things are going. I'm not back in Japan yet so I'm still hesitant to play again. Plus I can't get Mudfish to work as usual.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Zeirnaton posted:

are you using softbank?

No, I'm using Equinix. It's set up correctly as far as I know but it just doesn't work.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Equinix/Amazon have the best pings but don't work with Gundam online sadly.

Use Linode or Softbank.

Thanks, Kacho.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Al Borland posted:

I can't get over how good the Kampfer really is.

Cass if you get back in, make sure you use your DX tickets on getting it. We were discussing this and it seems doing single DX tickets instead of the 10 batch is better.

If you roll a red box you are guaranteed with that 1 ticket to get one of the red items. I did this on my fed toon I made to fool around 5 tickets in I had two ALEX prints one was gold.

On my main I've got a gold kampfer and a silver kampfer print I'm saving. I want two golds, the suit is legit godlike.

We have almost a 67% victory rate going right now. People are coming back and we're utilizing mumble a lot more now too which has made the game a lot more fun for everyone I think.

Also shotguns need a nerf. The range is way too drat long on them, other than that they're fantastic.

I always liked the Kampfer. I was going to hold onto my tickets but I think I'll spend them.

E: No luck. I got crap rental prints. On my other Zeon pilot I got a gold Gogg print with some silver ones and a gold Zock. Wish I had those on my main pilot.

E: Traded in my exchange tickets for four DX tickets. Got a silver Kampfer!

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 11, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Wait they added the Aggu? What the gently caress?

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

50 Play ticket suits, one for each class.

Zeon:
Assault-Char's Zaku(No red comet trait, still quite good cost to performance-wise)
Heavy- Johnny Ridden's Gelgoog Cannon(Exclusive type M beam cannon, dual beam swords, best 50 ticket suit in my opinion)
Sniper- Zaku II S:Sniper equipment (Has exclusive semi-auto 135mm sniper rifles)
Shelling- Juagg (Aquatic shelling unit, has 3-point burst inciendiary rounds)
Support- Agg (Aquatic support, hovers like the Zock and can't be knocked down, has access to laser torch(Very high DPS if you get clsose), repair gun, and guided missiles)

EFSF:
Assault-Gundam Ez8(No I want to Live trait thankfully, the only one the feddies really take, they will run RX-78-2 Gundams and Alex instead usually)
Heavy-Guncannon D
Sniper- GM Sniper Jung Specificaiton
Shelling- Mass Produced Guncannon(Wolf Specification)
Support- Ground type Gundam GM Head

It'd be cool if the Aggu could use that drill arm to make new routes to objectives.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Lol I can only imagine the feddies complaining about that. IT'd be awesome but yeah.

Anyways, kampfer is solid gold still :3:. If anyone still needs co-op we should get that done today before its too late! DX tickets and Master tickets Hoooooo!

I'd be up for co-op later today.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Alright, just started as Neurolii, wasted all my starting cash in a desperate attempt to get one of my fave suits from SDGO (Custom Efreet), got a Zaku Tank instead (i think) which is apparently good according to the OP. How long do I need to play before I can click the atom icon and join fellow goondams?

Kacho will take care of you. The Zaku tank is good because of what it does. If you got the Efreet, you'd have to hope for a good trait and then money to upgrade it to be on par with other suits. I hope you get it though. Talk to Kacho for tips on how to build it. He's like a tech rep from Zimmand.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Yeah sometimes they wait till the next month to drop poo poo on you at once. It sucks rear end, hope it didn't overdraw your account.

And it's not just them. There's a phone company over there that does dumb poo poo like that.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Dang I don't know if lock-on sucks or if I suck. I can't seem to hit anything even when I'm right behind my target.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Within 400m or so, I'd say 800+ lock is reliable. You may have to adjust the lead on the lock slightly at the edge of that. Beyond that, you're better off free-aiming.

Took your advice and it helped. Oh, I got a Gelgoog Jager, Assault Act Zaku and an Efreet (silver). Got any thoughts/advice on the three? I already built the Jager with the auto long rifle and it's easy to use while I crouch. I saw a group of guys just slaughtering people with the Efreet. I'm assuming they have the DII heat saber because guys were getting knocked down. It looks pretty impressive. I haven't seen anyone using the Assault Act Zaku. Is there any reason why?

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Free Triangle posted:

Gelgoog J is really good in sniper duels because it can have enough armour(Need at least 1761) to not get 1 shotted by Charged Sniper F. You don't instantly lose if you get hit by this(Unless it was a back/headshot), so you have a chance to fall back and keep your kill streak. You might think that the size of the suit makes it worse for sniper duels, but the armor makes up for it. Beam Machinegun F full auto has similar power to Beam Rifle FAF, but has very low base range(840, as opposed to type N's 960), same rate of fire as type N. You're ranged traited however so this is a very strong option. If you have a knack for making this work in the mid-short range, then keep using it.

Yup. Only DII heat sword with Efreet has a two-stage boost attack. Most of those guys pack a shotgun as a sidearm as well, to knockdown people that jump away from them. Unfortunately, silver Efreet doesn't pack the DII sword.

Assault Act Zaku had it's time before the Kampfer came out, stat-wise it's similar to the high mobility-spec Gelgoog. It has less armor but it's a smaller target than a Gelgoog so it has an easier time dodging. Gold Assault Act Zaku has access to charged beam rifles, which has potential to knockdown aerial targets. You can arm it a lot of ways depending on trait. Some popular builds:

Ranged/Quick Reload Trait
Beam rifle FAF/Empty/Bullpup/Shield
No bazooka F, but this puts very heavy ranged pressure on your target. Quite good balance, since you discard a weapon.

Bullpup F/Axe D/Bazooka F/Shield
More conventional and light, bullpup F's DPS is comparable to high end beam rifles.

Gold Beam Shooter
Charged Beam Rifle F/Axe D/Bullpup/No Shield
You can't charge a beam rifle while blocking, so the shield is discarded here. Plays similar to the Heavy Act Zaku's charged beam game(Score knockdown/Stagger then boost axe them), except you have better speed and melee in exchange for less armour.

Silver Beam Shooter
Beam Rifle FAF/Nothing/Bazooka F/No Shield
Popular in the meta because of shotguns. High balance, immune to shotgun knockdowns that are not type F. This is effectively the spec you see ProtoGundams/Alex use. If you aren't beam shooter replace the beam rifle for a bullpup and get even better balance.

Thanks for the info, Kacho. I'm gonna keep the Act Zaku as a blueprint for now. I have a short temper and the server latency makes that fuse o' mine even shorter. I'll be back tonight to play more.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
I built my Act Zaku and it got the Range Correction trait. Not exactly what I wanted but it does alright with my heavy Act Zaku. I'll go with the first loadout you suggested, Kacho. I may end up liking this suit.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Back in Japan! I would have let you know what was going on but as soon as I got back in June, I was on a flight to Singapore to board the ship.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey guys I'm not dead. I'm just on deployment. We're in Guam now and I'm going to try and update my game while I'm here. The Wi-Fi is terrible, though.

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey guys. Deployment's over and I'm back in Japan. How are things on the Zeon front?

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
We finally get the Gouf Custom we deserve. Time to pull some Norris Packard poo poo.

E: I didn't read the updates but the game looks cleaner for some reason. Overall the game is much better now.

a gentle breeze fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Dec 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013

Al Borland posted:

Just won the game using gouf custom slam dunked a nuke and turned the tables on the feds in Texas Mining.

The combat is so much smoother. So is movement.

I've noticed that as well. My suits are actually doing more of what I expect them to do.

• Locked thread