Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

That still looks better than Brooke's maws. You need bigger teeth, more teeth, and more of a gap between the lips and the gums. Like as if her head was a giant bag filled with air and her skull is a quarter of the size of her head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Calaveron posted:

I assume Pleter and Kwagmire are supposed to be in their mid-20's. Is being a lonely only child really a germane subject to broach at that point of your life?

You mean I'm not the only one who thought this was Bizarro Family Guy?

Since it's Cross-over week and judging by that maw, is this Pigborn or 9-Gamweed lane?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I guess we're missing the panels where Amos was told to put a sock in it.

No, that part is supplied by the audience

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

I wonder how long Brooke plans on dragging out this unseamly storyline?

Why is the smoking french whore arguing with a linebacker? It might be a shaved gorilla but I'm not really sure.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

Pibgorn

Who would so cruelly force a thesaurus into a life of abuse in Brooke's hands?

Brooke clings to his thesaurus like a lamprey to it's victim's soft under-belly.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 8, 2015

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Plethora posted:

Brooke has an obvious lust for legs but cares not for the booty.

It's like the characters don't have butts at all. There's nothing there. Just a hinge where the legs attach.

And teeth! Lots and lots of teeth!

>shudder<

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

That cat has just seen a gay man without an rear end.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat
I was wondering something. You know that guy who's editing that strip with Peter Griffin and Quagmire as nerds, to dumb it down? Yeah, can you do that to Brooke's strips as well?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Brooke is actually taking reader suggestions now?!?

Hey Brooke! Burn your thesaurus and pick up a book on drawing humans AND READ IT!

Let's see if it improves next week.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

Just a minor change to that panel.

You can see the horror in their eyes as they look upon their creator and wish only for the cold embrace of death.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Ghostlight posted:

Greg 8:3 is the worst of the Bible verses, but if that's what Gunther's into it explains a lot.

"And on that day God sayeth to thine disciple that thou shalt be like the ground beneath her foot whilst in the guise of a man twice thine age. Thou shall not bathe nor groom thine body. Thou shall layeth with thine harlot whilst in protest of thine mother whom partakes of the company of another man. Ahmen."
-Greg 8:3

mastersord fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Aug 4, 2015

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Mister Beeg posted:

Few more, from New York Daily News, May 1979. These were easier to scan since these are tabloid format.

Dick Tracy's artist back then did not know how to draw a woman's nose apparently

Notice how Spiderman's dialogue doesn't beat you over the head with the plot arc like it does today.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

Q. Name 7 things that Brooke's editor mutters to himself every week.

1) Please don't let there be teeth this time
2) Please don't let there be teeth this time
3) drat it!
4) Oh dear God why did he have to make her open her mouth while laughing?!
5) This word balloon is so dense I'll need a month with a translator just to read it.
6) I don't think anyone has uttered that word is over 200 years.
7) If I replace the words in panel 3 with "just shut up Brooke!" maybe this time the paper won't notice.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Pentaro posted:

I was wondering, will Gilchrist draw a tribute strip, or is Lemmy too heavy for his octuagenarian audience's sensibilities?

goatface posted:

Lemmy played the devil's music and has gone to the hell he most certainly deserves for all his bad language and drug abuse. Not like our polite, clean country and rock and roll singers.

On the other hand, I bet Gilchrist can't resist putting his favorite brunette bobble-head in a low-cut Motörhead T-shirt.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

They finally wrote in Brian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

D&D banned Day by Day from the politoons thread. My new year's wish is that we ban Brooke McEldowney from the comic strip thread.

But then who else would write a comic strip about stuck-up, overly-sexualized Lampreys as they struggle to understand why normal people don't use the entire Oxford English dictionary to communicate?

• Locked thread