Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Gilchrist's Nancy is the worst. It may not actually be worse than Oh Baby or some other garbage strip in and of itself, but he is sullying a strip with obvious proven potential to actually be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Termite? Is this a gorilla thing? :raise:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Wait so she went from being a manager of one store to assistant manager of another? Wow Mina is a more incompetent villain than I thought. So much for her power climb.

Retail's got it pretty accurate there. Manager at a small box / side of the mall store probably pays less than assistant manager at a Big Box/Anchor/Department store, and you'd generally need to move in at that level before moving up.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is Sluggo supposed to be naturally bald or something? Does he have the same disease as Charlie Brown?

I want to just attribute this to the fact that Gilchrist is a hack and forgot these characters are children, but does anyone know if this is precedented?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Wanamingo posted:

Nancy

This is a new Nancy, as opposed to the past few which were repeats from 2011.

Man the copy/paste bits and random black mspaint squiggles are so bad. This is just unprofessional from a technical standpoint. At least something terrible-looking like reply all is consistent enough to call it a style rather than laziness or ineptitude.

Also, his attempt at gag strips are so weak it's no wonder he usually goes for ultra-patriotism, bees-knees-nostalgia or schmaltz.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cletepurcel posted:

I'm just going to ignore that the strip called the frog-people "aliens". No.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Green Intern posted:

Ha! Buttocks!

Brit spotted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

:stare: Jesus Christ, Doorknob.

Doorknob?

Did someone fart?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jesus, are they all like this?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midnight Moth posted:

Retail

Are you sure it's not because you just fired your assistant and are now understaffed?
You know, this would actually be a pretty good strip if it weren't for the timing of putting this single gag strip right after that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Eh, after a while the ribcage reshapes itself.

A cause for smiling if I've ever heard one!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Sphinxster posted:

If you aren't good at skiing right away you should just give up. Same thing with the trumpet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

feels good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Vargo posted:

Does anyone have any of the strips Morrie Turner did about Trayvon Martin? I want to show my friends what a boss Morrie Turner was.

Comic Strip Megathread: Morrie Turner was a Boss

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not surprised that Mike Lester hates NPR, but why in the world would you listen to Car Talk if you didn't find Tom and Ray funny? I can see how it would be torture to some, but I'm sure Mr.DuJour's car radio can change channels.

Do dickholes like that intentionally piss themselves off so they have more to bitch about I ask while reading Mike DuJour oh god :(

I laughed. Then I noticed with some surprise that AxeManiac made the 'big toe on the outside of the foot' error. Then I laughed at that fat goon again. Good edit.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
What the hell is he wearing on his head? A helmet while driving a car?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to say it.

Eyebeam is uglier than Piranha Club and Mama put together.

Eyebeam is Sylvia ugly.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

This is not even a difficult thing to do unless you are taking a suit. A standard sized carry-on bag is pretty roomy.

And of course asshat mcgee is wearing a suit on the plane already because gently caress Comfort I am a Lawyer

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Karma Tornado posted:

Up until that Boston Terrier sort-of-joke, I had honestly thought that Ralph in Mother Goose and Grimm was a poorly-drawn cat for the last, like, twenty five years.

See, I could only remember Grimm and Atilla, and I had no idea who the hell Ralph was or where he came from.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Jeez, people http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_bread

Also, this stuff is pretty good if really odd:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stultus Maximus posted:

Speaking of Lio, he needs to add Garry Trudeau being a lazy gently caress to his "parade of poo poo comics" repertoire.

I'm pretty sure Lio's parade of poo poo comics is really parade of zombie comics in reruns or on their tenth author while original artists starve.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Magna Kaser posted:

Is the guy who writes Gil and Retail from New England? I never noticed it before but Gil says all sorts of crap like "wicked" as an intensifier that me and my friends would have said growing up outside Boston and I later found out no one else says.

Already answered, but I realized Gil was from Rhode Island when his mom suggested they go the beach and he replied with "Yay Clamcakes!"

I miss clamcakes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

seriously, it would have been less work

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

What does "a silky, tender crumb" even mean?

pleb spotted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

Non Sequitur

Behold, banality given form!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is quill wearing a long necktie to prom.... and a cummerbund? :raise:

I must assume this was looked into and is normal in Australia. Any Aussies to confirm/deny?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Still sucks

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

This was actually funny. A good foob that wasn't about Lynn's depressing family life.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Have you been doing that to Mike's hair? Has it always been like that? What

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Several ways to read this but I'm going with old man trying to impress the pretty lady that comes into the home improvement store with his manly hardware knowledge.

Awww, Kelley got embarrassed by knowing less about everything than a retiree working part-time at Home Depot. It's nice that he has this therapeutic outlet to vent about it.

Look at her rolleyes face. I guess that guy should have said "you need a thingy and a whatchamacallit, and one of these doodads, and maybe you should just call a plumber if you are unwilling to learn the terms for the parts you might need, you jerk."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mike du Jour is pissing me off more than usual.

Karl Kasell's final show was last weekend. It was quite a good sendoff. He's retired now. This joke would have been terrible even if it wasn't late.

edit: also, they've been saying "home answering machine or voicemail" for a long rear end time

:argh: mad about stupid poo poo

The Bloop fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 23, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Retail is a melodramatic exaggeration of the real thing for sure, but I've worked a lot of retail and temporary count sheets like that are not duplicated. If someone were to throw them out as sabotage, it would totally work, but that inventory company manager would just be getting himself in big trouble for dragging things out and running up costs. It's career suicide for pretty revenge so about on par with the rest of the strip.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
There's an article on Yahoo about Bill Watterson. It's quite good for a Yahoo article (because it came from somewhere else)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Kingdom posted:

I love the sign on the building in the background. What loving country is he in?

What loving country was he animated in, more like.

It no longer exists.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Ham Shears saves us from turning into a Bergman film.

That middle panel. I knew it reminded me of something. I had to come back and post it to make it stop playing over in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Another masterpiece of composition by Brooke

Really helps the serious moment

• Locked thread