Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Sex Hobbit posted:

I don't know, Luann's getting up there for me. The characters are so unlikable.

Luann is getting no better.

Pros and Cons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Midnight Moth posted:

Slylock Fox is a puzzle and activity strip starring super sleuth Slylock Fox and deadweight sidekick Max Mouse and their tireless crusade for justice against raccoons, scientific advancement and honest entrepreneurship. Also arbitrating in minor civil disputes between the same handful of parties for the nth time.

I want to mention Bob Weber is a nice guy and did a comic called Oh Brother with Jay Stephens that was also enjoyed by this thread but unfortunately ended. Recently he mentioned on Facebook there's some kind of Oh Brother app coming. I don't know what that will be but I hope it means new Oh Brothers.

F Minus

Luann is making it look like Gunther and Rosa's relationship might be coming to a head, but no doubt nothing will happen. He'll do something lame to appear spontaneous and she'll stick with him.

Pros and Cons

And I don't think anyone's posted the Comic Strip Dance Party yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG1VIvldVJc

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GorfZaplen posted:

Does anybody still have the link to the site with the animated train comic that has Sabre Dance playing in the background?
Strangely, yes, I do.

http://misc.oranse.net/fingertanssi/

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like this Compu-Toon.

F Minus

Luann

I don't even know.

Pros and Cons

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

7lip posted:

Where did Sally Forth go? :( It's my favourite.

I'd volunteer to post it but I am the king of being busy than reading 3 or 4 days of posts at a time.
Julet Esqu was posting it, but she went away for a couple weeks. Sally and Ted just went through the holidays is really all that happened.

That should catch you up.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann takes a break from Gunther the Emasculate to make a crappy New Year's resolution joke.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The Political Cartoon Thread makes this comic very funny to me.

F Minus: Love the angry cat picture.

Luann

Pros and Cons]/b]

[b]Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann really is getting a little risque this week.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

When Luann's car's a rockin'...

Pros and Cons with enhanced interrogation techniques

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

She don't use jelly.
Exactly what I thought of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfpyoGFJNNE

F Minus

Something almost happened in Luann, but don't worry, it's all over now.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus: drat that yelp!

Luann

Yeah. OK. Whatever.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Ted's daughter.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Until they take his arms out from under the covers, I'm just going to continue to assume he's masturbating.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

Gunther finished. It's the other guy's turn.

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Personally, I think Francesco had Hil go too Ted here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Luann

I want to say this is the dumbest storyline of Luann ever, but we all know that isn't true.

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Welcome back, Julet Esqu! I've already got these so I'm posting them, but then you can go ahead and go back to doing them.

Luann

Pros and Cons

Sally Forth

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus is depicting either a frustrated man or a man doing a racist impersonation.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Elysiume posted:

What? And I don't think they have chips for pedophilia. Or call it sobriety.

Seriously, what. It's very clearly some sort of drug, and I would assume alcohol even though sobriety is for drugs in general.
"Chip" would tend to indicate AA, but some people with addiction problems to other drugs wind up in AA anyways. Sometimes people quit their DOC and discover they go back to it when they get drunk so they stop that too, or they find that they just have a problem with alcohol after all as well.

As far as Communion, it depends. People have gone into relapses on far less.

F Minus has a great idea.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

rudecyrus posted:

I'm trying to figure out if F-Minus is the most consistently unfunny strip in this thread. I can't even muster hatred for it because it's so banal.
I don't blame you. It used to be hit-or-miss, but when it hit, it really hit. It's been a long time since it really hit for me, but I keep posting it, because honestly sometimes I post one that I think is "meh" and it gets a good reaction. It's rarely "bad," in my opinion, but often it's also not all that funny.

I do think it's better than most single-panel gag strips though, and I like the art.

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I go and say I haven't been enjoying F Minus lately, and then along comes one I like.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I can't decide if this is somehow worse than companies tweetings stupid poo poo on holidays like Speghettios on Pearl Harbor or a dozen places on MLK Day or what but I loving hate Nancy. It gives me the same sort of reaction as those things. It's so empty and meaningless and stupid.

As for being sent out to the store as a kid, my dad sent me out for cigarettes once when I was like 9. He gave me a note or something to show them but they didn't even care. They just sold them to me. Different times, I guess.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I want you to do Nancy from now on. I mean like the one in the papers.

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I am surprised at how depressed I am about Morrie Turner. At least we got to say happy birthday to him once. I hope he saw it and it made him feel good.

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

What a terrible person.

Also at first I loved Foxy Grandpa but now more and more he's just kind of a dick. But I'm still enjoying seeing it.

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ghostlight posted:

Brooke is just incredible. Here, his character does not what every single person would probably do entirely out of instinct - turn from side-on to face the person with the gun to give them full attention - but instead inexplicably turns his back on the gun then breaks his neck delivering a rejoinder.
That's exactly what I thought of, except I don't think he had him turn his back, he just lost track of the perspective.

F Minus

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus ends January on a high note, in my opinion.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

gently caress it. Here's a God drat wall of Mary Worth. They aren't all here, but it was a boring story anyways. I have no idea where we stopped, but I could only find back to 12/31 anyways. She's out in NYC with the bearded retired Broadway star who has, of course, fallen for her.

He buys her a scarf from one of the street scarf merchants New York is famous for.

The disembodied heads of those she's wronged haunt Mary.

She almost gets hit by a cab...

...but the beard guy saves her.

She decides to leave, and claims it wasn't the taxi, but really gives no other explanation.

He takes the news well.

She goes home, hooks up with the boyfriend, they go for a cruise, and she keeps her dirty, filthy secret.

Then they go to the Bum Boat...

...which is the place a woman inexplicably chooses to go to tell her daughter that her father is leaving...

...and then proceed to have a mild emotional breakdown.

Waiter don't give a gently caress.

But Mary do give a gently caress.

She's got meddle in her eyes.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

All right here's a Rex Morgan catch up post. I went back into the Comics Curmudgeon a little further than with Mary Worth to find out what I could about the dinner at the house of the guy with the wife that shot him with a nail gun.

Well, that's nice.

Then she got drunk and passed out.

They're on their way home and there's not much going on but there's a new artist for Rex Morgan.

The babysitter's boyfriend was over while they were gone and Rex doesn't care.

June questions Sarah.

Oh yeah, the book deal thing. It's still going on.

Love the last panels in those two.

Meanwhile, Rex gets a call from the nail-in-the-head guy, Buck.

Now I was kind of hoping all that was leading into some kind of murder and/or suicide story, but no such luck It led to chili dogs.

And that's about it. Pretty boring. The dinner might have been the most interesting part, but as I said I couldn't get those.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

And I'll go ahead and post these for the time being. I do actually enjoy them and I can't believe I didn't notice they hadn't been posted in a while.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Let's tell the waiter to ask them to leave."

Rex Morgan, MD

Rex has a kind of Clint Eastwood thing going on in panel 3.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think this cartoon would have been greatly improved if they had bothered to change the expressions on the fruit faces.

EasyEW posted:

We might want to prepare for the eventuality that the strip ends with Morrie. Can you imagine any other way forward?
I love Wee Pals as much as anyone, but with Morrie gone I'd really prefer it go away so it can be replaced with a new strip by a new artist. Preferably, it would be of higher art quality than Reply All and just plain better than Mike Du Jour.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan, MD

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

It would be nice if she just paid the bill anonymously and walked away. For some reason, I don't think that will happen.

Rex Morgan MD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan, MD

• Locked thread