Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Waterhaul posted:

The Red in the Ledger stuff isn't the kind of editorial mandated thing. There are a lot of Marvel creators who think that the Avengers film is the best characterisation of the character and want to fit more of it into the comics.

Hmm. Now they have red in their ledgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

fatherboxx posted:

Cowardly dodging and pettiness aside, I am personally glad that Moore has not lost his prose skills and I hope to read his Jerusalem novel one day.

You better not have enjoyed anything by G.Mo. or Before Watchmen!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Senor Candle posted:

I picked up some animal variants and realized they still come with digital codes. Help yourselves!
TMAPFGTP85KF-Punisher #1
TMAI83USAWEX-GotG #11 + Digital Collection
TMAA3S4M4FBX-All-New X-Men #22 + Digital Collection

The last two, at least, have already been redeemed.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
You missed the best part - the art was essentially a rip off of the clerks animated series and people ragged on him so bad he changed it.

And then he retired from webcomics to focus on his backyard wrestling career!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Mechanigma posted:

Um yeah. As the guy who drew that comic all those years ago I would like to confirm that it was a parody. It was a joke based on this T-shirt from the original comic's cafepress store.

Since Power Chord has long been wiped from the internet and was extremely obscure to begin with, I do now worry about that thing floating around without context.

If you would like to learn more about Power Chord, I am archive dumping it in the GBS webcomic thread. Truly it is one of the greats.

Ugh. Link to where you start please.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Sundowner posted:

Yeah I should have but Batwoman is the only comic run I have nearly complete from #1 to current and I just don't want to break it and I have a feeling DC will change creative soon enough, hopefully after the end of this stupid arc they've got going on right now which has so far felt like the same issue every month.

Mark Andreyko seemingly has no idea where Kate Kane's voice is or even what it might have sounded like and now as per this Annual he's ruined two previously interesting characters and reduced Batwoman to needing Batman to do her job for her because it's easier to write.

No offense against you, I'm sure everyone has done it, I sure have, but this is everything wrong with comics.

Don't buy bad books, please.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Len posted:

One of the local comic shops here is refusing to participate in FCBD. Like I get that Universal Comics is more Magic the Gathering than comics but I don't understand why you would want to deny customer traffic. Does it cost to be a part of FCBD?

Those free comics cost the store something like 10 to 20 cents each.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Alright nerds, I just found these in a box in the garage. How many colleges am I going to put my kids through with these?

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
We had people who would buy comics and then hang for a bit to discuss them.

We had one our game players who would come in every day and hang out within 5 feet of the front desk and just stand there while being politely ignored for hours.

We had two guys who would hang out and roleplay out what would happen if there two world of darkness characters would meet. With really bad accents. Then they'd make up their "dream magic cards". And then sing Russian propaganda songs. For the entire day.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Good stores are evolving. My former local moved to a much larger location and tripled the games section.

Where we used to have a couple Warmachine tables and a few card tables, gaming takes up 4/5 of the store and comics are on one wall.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Nah, you did it right.

My dad was Jersey born and raised and left when he was 18 and joined the military. He went back for family occasions over the years and I'll never forget what he told me when he got back from his moms funeral.

"Jersey is a poo poo hole with poo poo people. I am never going back."

And he never did.

Thank you for reading my Jersey story.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

zoux posted:

How is David Aja's name pronounced?

"Day" and then "vid" as in video.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Squidster posted:

I went out to my local comic store and found that a mother had bought their last digests for her kids last week. Those punks could never appreciate Spider-man like I could appreciate Spider-man.

Please have a SpiderHyphenMan like breakdown.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Gavok posted:

I have two Superman tattoos myself (Bizarro logo on my left shoulder and later Superman logo on the right just to balance it out). I meant to get more, but people keep saying that getting a hammer and sickle permanently sketched onto my skin is a bad, bad idea and if I can't get that one, then what's the point of continuing?

Do whatever the gently caress you want. If it bothers you, put it somewhere that people can't generally see.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
The thread for good tattoos is in YLLS these days.

The thread for bad tattoos (and gross fungal infections) is in PYF.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Pfft. I've sent dickpics to like half of bss. Aint no thang.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Gaz-L posted:

Much to Hawkguy's... delight.

God that was so good. One of my favorite comic moments.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
If you make a joke about fridging to Ron Marz on twitter he's gonna get mad at you.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I haven't seen Brian Clevinger posting lately.

I just asked him about more Nuklear Power once :(

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

prefect posted:

Okay, you asked for it, so I'm going to say the word.

Midichlorians.

:cripes:

In high school I put midichlorians on a science test instead of mitochondria. Got it right.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
So I initially passed over the shield show but ive had a few drinks and watched a few episodes and its really good. The action, the humor, the references; all good! Ive heard the first season dips but recovers and two is a blast!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I just looked up the supervillian they made and its the same guys name. This show rules.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Waterhaul posted:

Getting very drunk is how I would suggest watching Agents of SHIELD too

Also it's Christmas, people should be watching Christmas superhero shoes :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_5jngpLkY

Im not watching it now - Christmas shows with kids time, but I think it was ok? Im 5 or 6 episodes in I think, depending how long netflix kept playing after I fell asleep.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Shield is still good. Captivating and fun. Just finished episode 11. Its a good mix of story episodes and monster of the week. I really like this. Haters gonna hate.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Was Taters posted:

Taters gonna truth: it's just awful.

Nope! 17 episodes in and still amazing. I am loving this show. I usually side with goon-pinion but this is so dope. It's not GREAT tv, but it's damned good tv.

It's cheesy and can be contrived and sometimes makes me roll my eyes but it's FUN.

I've always taken my super hero movies with a huge grain of salt though and I guess it continues onto tv!

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

theflyingorc posted:

You were saying this about the early episodes which were incredibly boring garbage, though. Anyone who thinks Agents of Shield's first five episodes are quality is a person who cannot be trusted.

Dont care. Its fun.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
As an Air Force vet, I appreciate Talbots uniform is legit. Good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Awesome! As soon as I finish this season on Netflix I guess I need to resubscribe to Hulu for a month.

• Locked thread