Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BisterdDave posted:

Is the game really that bad? I've heard nothing but horrible things about it. Duke Nukem Forever got nothing but bad reviews and I liked it.

It's completely irredeemable garbage but then so is DNF and if you liked that you might get something out of Colonial Marines too, I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Stux posted:

the masses always fear the revolutionary until they realise the truth of their words - neo, the matrix, 1984

gently caress you shut up you are loving ruining this goddamn stupid thread. You are actively making other peoples' lives worse. You are being bad. BAD. loving stop it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BisterdDave posted:

Is the game really that bad? I've heard nothing but horrible things about it. Duke Nukem Forever got nothing but bad reviews and I liked it.

It looks bad, plays bad and retcons Hicks' death but doesn't actually explain how he survived in the base game, instead saving it for DLC.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Stux makes me glad that Ignore is a thing. :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

matrix ripoff posted:

gently caress you shut up you are loving ruining this goddamn stupid thread. You are actively making other peoples' lives worse. You are being bad. BAD. loving stop it.

we are discussing issues related to the playstation store and network, can you please stay on topic like we are

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

See? :)

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's completely irredeemable garbage but then so is DNF and if you liked that you might get something out of Colonial Marines too, I guess?

If I come across a copy for a buck or two I'll probably pick it up just to see what all the fuss is about. That'll be the same day I finally play Superman 64 as well.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I legit, to this day, without irony, enjoy Jaguar AvP more than I enjoy Colonial Marines.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Jaguar AvP was a good game though :confused:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

jabro posted:

He's right.

He usually is. He just tends to post true things in annoying ways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

axleblaze posted:

I unironically enjoy SNES AvP more than Colonial Marines.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Oh man, I like AvP: The Last of His Clan but the SNES game is, well, still better than Colonial Marines. :) The lack of moves and cruddy animation made it go over like a wet fart back in the day but it's come to be appreciated now, much like how AvP 2010 was disliked on released but became a goon darling when Colonial Marines came out. Isolation messes everything up by being awesome, I was hoping to see another Alien game be so bad that goons other than Xenomrph would be like "well Colonial Marines was actually..."

axleblaze posted:

It's a VERY VERY good game, but it's also a 15FPS FPS with digitized graphics so I can understand why some people would find it a bit dated. :)

Is there some way Fox can just drop every Alien/Aliens game or something? Alien and Terminator are both rarities in that they're movie licensed that actually had a lot of really good games to their name over the years. When Konami/XBox Live had the arcade thing up I believe their awesome 1990 Aliens arcade game was mentioned but then they killed the entire thing right when it was getting good.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
When do I get the 10% coupon

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

BGrifter posted:

He's not though, but if you post enough words about a wrong thing people will usually just give in and let you win to keep their sanity.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Do Zen Pinball tables ever go on sale? There's a few I like but some of them are part of packs and gently caress paying £8 for one table that I actually want.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Colonial marines was also removed because there's a lawsuit in progress against Gearbox.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Quote-Unquote posted:

Do Zen Pinball tables ever go on sale? There's a few I like but some of them are part of packs and gently caress paying £8 for one table that I actually want.

I think the passes of the very first season went on sale for like 50% off once but it took ages to do so, not really worth holding out waiting for a sale.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

BGrifter posted:

:tipshat:

Katana Gomai posted:

He's not though, but if you post enough words about a wrong thing people will usually just give in and let you win to keep their sanity.

either way I win so who cares

do we know if there is going to be a time limit on the 10% discount for the outage? I can't remember if they mentioned it or not

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Stux posted:

do we know if there is going to be a time limit on the 10% discount for the outage? I can't remember if they mentioned it or not

You're an annoying retard

Lurian
May 25, 2010

Stux posted:

I'm pretty sure you don't win either way. We still hate you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
"Remember not to reply to stux guys"

*keeps replying to stux anyways*

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Static Rook posted:

I saw in the CoD thread that the first expansion comes out at the end of the month for XBox. All the DLC is still just 30-day exclusive right? So PS peeps should get this one around end of Feb, beginning of March? Still trying to decide if I want to pick up the season pass or not. I might use that 10% off coupon whenever Sony sends it.

Yeah, still a 30 exclusivity period.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Neo Rasa posted:

When Konami/XBox Live had the arcade thing up I believe their awesome 1990 Aliens arcade game was mentioned but then they killed the entire thing right when it was getting good.

Oh man, I used to love that Aliens arcade game, I remember playing it at Pizza Hut when I was little.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Stux posted:

we are discussing issues related to the playstation store and network, can you please stay on topic like we are
I extend to you a cordial welcome to talk about the theory of game companies, network security and customer service in hellthread, and leave these nice people to discuss the actual games they may wish to buy and play from PSN without our poo poo posts

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Lurian posted:

please can you stop this derail? do you have answer to my question about the upcoming PSN discount or not? if not perhaps stop thread making GBS threads?

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
It expires six months after you get it.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Stux posted:

shut up

Bob NewSCART posted:

You're an annoying retard

shut up

Lurian posted:

shut up

shut up!!!!!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Herr Direktor posted:

that's quite a generous period that's good I'll save it for a big sale splurg then

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Are Grim Fandango, La-Mulana, and/or the Vita port of Towerfall: Ascension announced a few months ago still on track to come out soon? I noticed that the $15 in credit I got from Sony for spending however much has an expiration date, so if none of these games will be out by then I'll just put it towards Minecraft Vita or whatever.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

trdn89 posted:

Are Grim Fandango, La-Mulana, and/or the Vita port of Towerfall: Ascension announced a few months ago still on track to come out soon? I noticed that the $15 in credit I got from Sony for spending however much has an expiration date, so if none of these games will be out by then I'll just put it towards Minecraft Vita or whatever.

Grim Fandango is supposed to come out this month, the 24th I think.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Grim Fandango is supposed to come out this month, the 24th I think.

27th was the last confirmed date, nothing new since then,

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bob A Feet posted:

When do I get the 10% coupon
We don't know the exact day. All we know is that it will go out this month.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Yes, but I think they only go on sale in themed sales. The last ZP2 tables on sale was the Walking Dead table, along with other Walking Dead games.

univbee posted:

I think the passes of the very first season went on sale for like 50% off once but it took ages to do so, not really worth holding out waiting for a sale.
That was the other pinball game, The Pinball Arcade. Zen Pinball 2 has no season passes.

Herr Direktor posted:

:confused: Where was this confirmed? I haven't heard of an expiration date on the 10% discount.

trdn89 posted:

I noticed that the $15 in credit I got from Sony for spending however much has an expiration date, so if none of these games will be out by then I'll just put it towards Minecraft Vita or whatever.
Only the PSN code has an expiration date. Once you redeem it and add the credit to your PSN wallet, those funds will not expire.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I will use my coupon on the Senran Kagura Bon Appetit expansion.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Yechezkel posted:

:confused: Where was this confirmed? I haven't heard of an expiration date on the 10% discount.

I just made it up to get stux to stop talking.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
Rush'n Attack: Ex-Patriot got pulled some time ago and I missed the memo :/

Reviews were divided but I enjoyed the demo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

trdn89 posted:

La Mulana is set to come out sometime this month last I heard, the game is already out in Japan.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
:wtf: There was a 50% off Battlefield DLC sale going on all this time in the EU store, started 2 weeks ago, ending this Wednesday.

Was this announced anywhere? I swear, I didn't see this in the store until now. :psyduck:
update: It was only announced here in the PS Blog comments. Still, I didn't see that section until now in the drop-down menus.

Wow, look at this deal :v:

Anyway, new 2015 thread coming today or tomorrow. I got to update and reorganize the FAQs first.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jan 4, 2015

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Herr Direktor posted:

I just made it up to get stux to stop talking.

then how long does this discount last it can't be forever guess I'm gonna have to post a lot until someone can answer me

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Stux posted:

then how long does this discount last it can't be forever guess I'm gonna have to post a lot until someone can answer me

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

Nobody loving knows, they haven't even said when we'll get it. Just go away.

• Locked thread