Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
Alesis announced a new series of audio interfaces at NAMM this week:

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/tech/namm-2014-core-audio-interface-range-revealed-by-alesis-592061/1

I'm particularly interested in the Core 2, but I have no idea about Alesis' reputation for this sort of thing. No detailed specs yet, and no release date. The fact that the pictures are cgi rather than photos may be telling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
I’d like to hear people’s thoughts on this. I’m looking to get an audio interface, and I’m considering either the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 or the PreSonus AudioBox 22VSL. I’m only going to be plugging guitars into it, so I want something with at least 2 instrument inputs to minimize plugging and unplugging. They’re both the same price and seem to have about the same amount of support. If anyone has any info about their relative noisiness, latency or dependability, I’d love to hear it.

One other possibility I’m considering is the TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6, which is actually a little cheaper. It’s firewire, which I don’t think would be a problem, but it’s also been out for a while and I’m a little concerned about future support.

For what it’s worth, I’m using a Mac Mini running OS X 10.9.1.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

hitchensgoespop posted:

Im looking for a USB interface that will support line in & Midi.

The killer for me is that i never ever need more than 1 input as i do everything on my own so im only ever recording 1 track at at time. However i then layer over the top with midi instruments.

Most interfaces seem to only include a midi option when you start adding in extra inputs such as the Scarlett 6i6.

Anyone got any recommendations?,

The Scarlett 2i4 has MIDI.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
Clipping was a big issue with the 1st gen. 2i2, but the 2nd gen (released this summer) apparently fixes that problem. Latency is much improved as well.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Could anyone recommend a decent interface that works well with the Mac mini? I'm newish to this so any advice would be appreciated.

I've been using a Focusrite 2i4 for a couple of years with mine with almost no problems.