Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006
So can anyone give me some insight into the Motu Ultralite AVB? It seems like a steal compared to just about anything, and the difference between the MU AVB and MU mklll is so small i cant see the reason for them to keep the mk lll in their line. Are there anything to look out for with regards to ethernet interfaces in general? I'm really itching for a new interface and it seems like its well above anything else in terms of value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Flipperwaldt posted:

Doesn't seem like that mixer can function as a control surface, period.

If it sends midi, which it should if it has motorised faders and midi out, then why wouldn't it work.

Edit: Seems like you're right, bummer.

uno.mannschaft fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Aug 28, 2015

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

CaptainViolence posted:

Oh, weird, the beginning of the manual made it seem like it was possible.

Thanks, though! I guess it sits in a closet waiting for a live show or something.

If all you want to do is use it as a midicontroler try to find someone with a yamaha promix 01 and trade with them.

uno.mannschaft
Dec 23, 2006

Radiapathy posted:

I don't know what it's like on Mac, but on Windows the only reliable way to use multiple interfaces together is when you have interfaces with digital I/O that you can chain together (your computer will see them as a single device), and this rules out the UR22 since it is analog I/O only.

You can't go wrong with the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 or UltraLite AVB. I am a former MK3 owner (mine was an original FireWire-only model) and it has a huge feature set, respectable performance, and lots of I/O for the money.

Using the UL AVB and can vouch for it. Really good hardware for the money.