Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

himajinga posted:

Would you have a suggestion in around the $3-400 range that outperforms the 18i8 and has 4+ mic pres?

If it's any help I have an 18i20 and I've never had any trouble with it. Latency is not noticeably worse than any other interface I've tried (much better than some in fact) and the inputs sound fine with everything I've plugged into them. I can't see that the 18i8 would be substantially different in terms of performance.

It's packed away now since my second kid came along but if I remember rightly I was using beta drivers for it that I got from http://beta.focusrite.com. I use Windows though so perhaps not really relevant here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

If all you want is to get rid of the hum from the computer audio source then all you need is an isolation transformer. You can probably get one for $20 from an electronics hobby store. The monitors shouldn't care whether they get a balanced or unbalanced signal, although an unbalanced signal will be more prone to interference.

If you need to combine two signals then that, along with one of the Rolls mixers should be just fine. In fact it's possible that Rola do one with isolated inputs/outputs.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Google RCA isolating transformer. You should be able to get one for less than 20 bux. Stick it in between your chromecast and the mixer.