Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

So I'd like to buy an interface to record my hack guitar playing and sometimes singing. I'm using a MacBook Pro and am not looking for the best value, but rather the best quality because I don't have the patience to gently caress around with drivers and troubleshooting or whatever. I was looking at an RME Babyface Pro, but I'd like to buy at a specific store for which I have a ton of coupons and they don't carry RME. What would be a comparable product?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Hollis Brownsound posted:

Apogee duet or the UA Apollo. I do however own an RME Fireface, and love the poo poo out of it, so it's hard for me to talk you out of the Babyface.

Thanks! They don't have the Apollo and the Duet seems very expensive. I'm a total noob but from what I'm reading RME really owns. Might have to bite the bullet anyway, ugh.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Yeah, I've been looking at the Track 16 as a possible alternative but it came out like three years ago, has a huge breakout cable and isn't significantly less expensive than the brand new BF Pro. I guess no competitor has an answer to it ready, which sucks for me because it means I can't use my coupons :D

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

What's going on with RME? I've been waiting for the Bayface Pro since August and there are still no units available in my country. I just wanna record some guitar stuff as a Christmas present for my girlfriend, why are they making it so hard to buy their poo poo.

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Radiapathy posted:

Very high demand, and from what I've read on GS, possibly some quality issues in the first production run, which I'm sure is slowing things down. It otherwise looks like a great little device, but I'm holding out for the AudioFuse before making any decisions. The Babyface Pro has the least appropriate desktop design for my space, given where the connectors are placed. (I'm also not happy that the Babyfaces lack the "AutoSet" feature on the input gain that the UFX and UCX have.)

Um. Wow. This Audiofuse thing looks pretty awesome, first I've heard of it. Will have to look into it :)

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Looking at BF Pro alternatives now - what do people make of the Motu ultralite AVB? It's new, supposedly good, pretty much the same price as the Babyface Pro, and readily available...

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Sounds good, thanks! Now to find it at a decent price...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

I ended up going for the Audient id14. A third of the price of the Motu, but probably more than good enough for me.