Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

hohum posted:

The focusrite stuff is class compliant. Meaning it works without drivers. I might just grab one to play with.

I have the 2i4 and aside from having to unplug and plug it back into the USB port every time I open my laptop I've had zero issues with it after I installed ISO4ALL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but for people looking to have both audio and ipad recording at the same time the iconnectAUDIO4+ is now shipping. No specs on latency yet but for those of us that want an all in one audio interface it looks really cool.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
So does anyone know anything about the Arturia Audiofuse and if it's USB ports can also receive audio from say an ipad?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Flipperwaldt posted:

I'm not seeing anything in the promotional material that suggests the built in three port usb hub is anything more than a three port usb hub. So those ports will allow you to do the same thing with an ipad as you would when plugging the ipad straight into a usb port of your computer, whatever that is.

You can plug the audiofuse into your ipad, apparently, as an audio interface for that, but there doesn't seem to be a new way to pipe audio from your ipad straight into your computer that wasn't there already.

At least that's my impression.

:tipshat:

Yeah, that's the same thing I found I was just making sure I didn't miss anything.

I was trying to see if there were any alternatives to the iconnectAUDIO4 (that aren't $1500 for the Quartet) where you can record USB audio at the same time you're using the audio inputs.