Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Hi all! I have a Behringer UMC404HD That I'm using to plug in a condenser mic and a bullet harmonica mic. It works great when I'm working with my DAW or listening to anything on my speakers or headphones, but there's a problem with regular talking on the internet.

The Behringer drivers present the 4 audio inputs to Windows 10 as 2 stereo inputs rather than 4 discrete mono inputs. This results in a mic signal that consists of silence in one ear.. For steam chat and zoom, it seems to work passably if I just turn the gain on my condenser mic way up, but Discord will usually completely disregard my input as if it thinks my talking is just background noise.

Does anyone know a way to send specific apps a mono input signal or separate out the "stereo" inputs that Windows allows me to set as the default communications device? Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Pockyless posted:

I have the same interface. If you plug the mic you want to use into the “Left” channel (IE 1 or 3), and set the gain on the right channel all the way down, Discord should work and automatically downmix to mono.

Thanks! I just tried switching to input 3 and it worked perfectly. How did you ever figure that out?