Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Colonel Taint posted:

I'm looking for something that will do multi-track input to a PC as well as be able to stand alone as a mixer to a main out to monitor if I want to leave the PC out of it. Mainly just doing some synth/guitar/bass DI recording.

Get thee to a Behringer XR18. Newly marked down last weekish to $499 retail. Don't be sucked in by the other XR-series by thinking you don't need the extra inputs; they only do stereo USB in/out, whereas the XR18 has full multitrack.

I'm a big fan of this little box. Use it all the time for live gigs and studio work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

You want a mixer. Rolls makes a bunch of tiny mixers like this in both mono and stereo. Find your favorite combination of input/output jacks.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

I think you want a digital mixer. Most of them with USB will at least function as a stereo sound source in Windows. The more expensive ones will let you fully multitrack by exposing every input, and in many cases letting you choose whether you want it pre or post the onboard fx.

I’m a big Behringer XR series fan. The smaller ones have stereo over USB, while you need the XR18 for multitrack.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Hmm, I recently upgraded from a Presonus Audiobox to a 2i2 3rd gen and found it to have much better latency performance and certainly no issues like that. Tried other USB ports on the computer? Are you plugging into a USB 3.0 port?