Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
I've been using a Novation Ultranova as my primary audio interface for a while now and it is pretty decent and flexible for an amateur noodler. The inconvenience is, however, that the interface settings are mainly per patch on the Ultranova. Change your patch and your microphone goes away, unless you set it up again. When I acquired more gear recently (Volca Beats and Volca Bass) I realised that I had to get something better. I wanted to be able to play the Volcas and Ultranova together, at the same time, and that needs a mixer. So I got a Behringer Xenyx 1024USB. This fills the need for a mixer for live noodling, and also gives me a bigger audio interface.

It's a decent mixer for my amateur needs but I'm a bit disappointed with the options provided when connected as a USB audio device. It's just a single audio device, not as flexible as the Ultranova. You can either use it as an output or an input, no way to break out individual channels.

Having said that, it does everything I need and more, and it's a decent price. There's Mackie boxes around the same price point - are they better? I have no idea, it would be nice to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU