Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

I'll throw out a plug for the interface I use -- Phonic Firefly 808 Universal http://www.phonic.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=74 8 mic pres, 18 channels total. I paid $320 off eBay best offer.

The company builds products for a lot of the other pro audio brands. Many people don't know about their products because they don't advertise as to not step on their business partners' toes. From their 'about us' page:

Phonic posted:

We don’t spend money on fancy advertisements, over the top packaging or marketing consultants but the frugalness stops there. One thing Phonic splurges on is our products. Phonic continuously invests in the latest technology, efficient product designs, dependable build quality and long term reliability. Today, while most companies seek to cut costs by outsourcing, we manufacture our products in 100% owned, ISO-certified factories to ensure oversight on everything from components to quality control.
Seriously top quality products at Behringer prices. This is by far the best interface I've owned. I wouldn't replace it with anything else unless I were to step up to the high end Apogee or Universal Audio interfaces.

e: a great in depth review of the interface: http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Pro-Reviews/Phonic-Firefly-808-Universal-Interface-Now-with-Conclusions/td-p/28595603

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

My portable setup is a Komplete Audio 6 with a Microsoft Surface Pro. I use that setup to record various amps that are not in close proximity to main recording set-up. It works fantastically going into the Pro's USB 3.0 port. There's no noticeable latency and the mic pres are quiet, provide good gain, and don't seem to color the sound at all.