Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Mister Speaker posted:

Some silly restrictions of features of my DJ gear have got me looking for a 2-line-input interface to pipe my standalone controller back into my 'new' M1 MacBook Air for streaming purposes.

What's the consensus on the current-gen Komplete Audio2? iRig stuff is cheap as balls too, is it any good? I can get a good discount on any interface but the NI seems like the least expensive 'good' interface before dropping down to like, M-Audio tier. Plus I'm used to and like their interfaces (I have an Audio10 that I can't find a buyer for, great little box IDK why they ever stopped making it).

I'd rather not have to do DA/AD conversion for this at all since it's basically just getting the master of my standalone DJ controller back into my computer, but certain 'features' on the controller preclude its USB interface from working unless the laptop software is also doing the work - kind of defeats the purpose of 'standalone', innit?

Does your DJ interface have an optical out? Most of what you're paying for in a premium interface will make no difference if you're just looping a digital audio stream back to your computer. All the fancy preamps and whatnot will be completely outside your signal path.

Sounds like a $20 Behringer UCA202 may be all you need.

e: you could also look into something like BlackHole for a $0 software solution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU