Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

anyone here using a Behringer FCA1616? it seems pretty good for the price and so far in terms of recording into the computer it has been great, very clean, no problems. but I was also using the main analog outs and they seem to have randomly died, like they are recognized on the computer just no sound comes from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

what would you guys say is the best interface for touring? - I only need 2 ins/outs I am mainly looking for stability, sound quality, low latency, build - primarily for an ableton based setup but with instrument and vocal input through the interface. my price range is up to around $1000 but ideally less..

I was looking at the new babyface pro but unfortunately that's not out until sep 10th which is too late for me

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

HampHamp posted:

Thanks for the replies! I've ordered the 2nd generation so that makes me feel a little better. What about the lack of MIDI input? As I said, I have a MIDI keyboard which I connect via USB and use to play around with instruments inside of ableton live, but does the lack of a MIDI in on the interface have any effect on what I want? What are the typical uses of a MIDI input?

If you already have a controller that works via usb you are fine. The only reason to worry about a dedicated 5-pin midi input is if you have (or anticipate getting) a piece of gear that can only connect that way, but these days most basic keyboard/drumpad type controllers use usb.

also fwiw I've been using two first gen 2i2's on the road and at home for years with very little problems at all.