Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hi all, hopefully this isn’t a too terrible question but I decided to take up a quarantine hobby of learning bass guitar and picked up a secondhand iRig HD 2 so I can make use of Garageband or Amplitube on my iPad Pro. I have everything hooked up correctly, I think, but I’m having some trouble getting the results I want but I’m too newb to understand whether what I want just isn’t feasible or whether I’m doing something wrong:

Setup:
iPad Pro
iRig HD 2 USB + USB-C adapter for iPad
AmpliTube, GarageBand

What I want:
I want to launch Amplitube or Garageband, pluck a string on my guitar and hear my iPad emulate an amp.

What I get:
iPad line level meters show signal but I hear nothing.

I don’t have any corded headphones anymore so I can’t test but I assume that it’s using the iRig as output as well so I’m just not hearing anything because I’m not plugged in to the 3.5mm output jack on the iRig. But my goal is ideally to just hear the iPad make sounds without needing to plug in any additional speakers or headphones.

If I’m right and this is the case, is there any way to get the iPad to direct generated audio to its own internal speakers rather than the iRig, while still using the iRig as input? I realize this may not be exactly an audio interface question but more of an iPad question but I figured I’d try.

Sorry if this is beyond stupid, I am very very new and feel very very dumb.

E: OK yeah I guess iRig disables the internal outputs on the iPad which is kind of lame. If I had realized I’d still need headphones I guess I would have just picked up a practice amp. Womp womp.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU