Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

I'm starting to accumulate some gear, and i want to make it all output sound to the same place and get midi instructions from my computer. What i have right now is:

1 cheap MIDI keyboard, a samson 49.
Korg Volca Bass
Korg Volca Keys

What i want to get is:
1 more full featured synth
A drum machine, probaly Volca beats but maybe not.

The problems are mostly with the Volcas because they only have headphone out and only have midi in. I'm told by GC staff that unless I want to lose signal, I need a y cable that takes up two ins. Assuming I want to use 2 Volcas at any time and the other synth, what kind of interfaces should i be looking at? Are there any with multiple MIDI outs, or is there some other gear that I need?

At this point I almost wanna give up on on my preference for hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AxeBreaker
Jan 1, 2005
Who fucking cares?

Flipperwaldt posted:

I think you got recommended it to split op the stereo signal into to unbalanced monos for plugging into a mixer or interface though, I think? Which would be right.

I kinda gave up on new hardware and got a Korg Taktile 49 MIDI controller and the Arturia V collection while it was half off, so no interface for now. I just wanted to say you were correct with that bit about splitting the signal.