Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

free Trapt CD posted:

Hi, I'm considering upgrading to the RME Babyface Pro FS, but I have no understanding of ADAT or ADAT gear at all and thus no idea how I'd get line in/out out of the thing, or send/return signals through guitar pedals using my reamper and DI boxes. Is there some sorta portable device that'll give me even just 2 extra channels in/out via the ADAT port and is also something I can throw in the backpack and bring along for gigging, or at this point am I better served looking for an interface with more ins/outs on the box proper?

Looking for something portable with at least 1x XLR in, 1x Hi-Z instrument in, at least one extra in/out pair. Ideally low-latency, ideally has hardware MIDI ports even via minijack adaptor. If I don't have to cart around any extra DI boxes/reampers with me that's nice too. DC coupled outs would be awesome for future stuff.

Babyface looked great until it seemed like maybe I'd need an extra box on top of it to get what I need. Considering MOTU M4, Arturia Audiofuse (although leery about build quality and failing buttons there); could even stretch to the new MOTU Ultralite although that might be a bit overkill for this application. On Windows, have Thunderbolt port if that matters.

Just want something I can use at home, then unplug and throw in the backpack with the laptop and do gigs. Would love any advice/recommendations...

Throwing this out there, why couldn't you just go line-in from your pedals into the Babyface and use amp simulation? I get wanting to use it to reamp pre-recorded tracks thru guitar pedals, but if this is for live performance that seems to be over-complicating things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU