Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Opie's just an idiot, but whatever. this Michael Sam stuff is way boring at this point. we get it, it may or may not be shocking depending on your background/tolerance levels lets move on already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

I totally forgot about his string of open letters. So it looks like David Cross is just completely super-sensitive and will take almost anything as an insult to him instead of brushing it off.

I think you'll find most good comics are weird sensitive little babies and that weird neurosis is usually what makes em good comics.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

There's alot of people who are very sensitive to being filmed or having their picture taken thanks to past abuses by multiple government agencies and local police. I doubt he thought he was doing anything more than taking a picture and I'm not advocating her resorting to violence, but it's generally a good idea to ask for consent before taking a bunch of pictures of a random stranger walking down the street.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Truth be told, I thought Opie would be attacked first.

ehhh, Opie tends to explode at people much weaker than him. He's generally petrified of people that look like they could stand up to him.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Nipplebox posted:

Seriously. Like many right-wingers, he lost it after the 2008 election and has been hard to listen to since.

He lost it then sure, but part of me thinks when Patrice died there's been absolutely nobody to ever challenge him on his views. Jimmy occasionally does and it usually comes off as Jim has no idea about anything he's actually saying.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I would be down with this

Tr33
May 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLi6490TgGI

You White motherfucker!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Stotty posted:

The feeling I got was everybody was hoping he got reprimanded/suspended for a while and it put the brakes on the race/politics chat on the show.

Then he got fired and nobody could really drum up any sympathy.

pretty much this. I didn't want to see the show get tanked, but, at the same time, Ant knew the environment he was working in today, and he knows twitters a bomb waiting to go off. It's hard to feel bad for an idiot who jumps right into the middle of the explosion.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Nipplebox posted:

Did Penn really say that he saw no evidence of Anthony's racism? What the?

Well Penn never really talked about race on the show, and he only kinda sorta knows them despite having some good appearances on the show. I'm sure if you showed him the overwhelming collection of past rants that were posted on gawker he'd connect the dots a little bit more.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

There's also this other part of it where alot of people today don't know the history of calling non-whites animals and savages. Rich Vos touched on it a little in his podcast where he said "how can that be construed as racist?" there's alot of people who look at those tweets and literally do not see it. However, Anthony knows full well what he meant when he said those things. I've heard Anthony and Jim call other white people animals, but it's rare. We all know what he means when he says savages.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

This Charming Goat posted:

Ironically Anthony's ex girlfriend got fired from XOJane recently because they found a bunch of videos and tweets of her being racist. She said it was his fault because she did them when she was dating him and he used mind control to MAKE her dress like a nazi and rant about lazy niggers waah.

I wonder if she'll talk about how now his spell is broken. Like a Long Island Voldemort.

Actually they gave her a pass cuz she did claim the spell was broken and had a giant long apology about how she isn't a racist anymore blah blah blah, and then promptly tweeted the opposite once she thought her job was safe.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

He does these impersonations I swear youd think it was the real people!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

Any pics of the protest? I sincerely hope they actually showed up with signs with Howard stern in blackface. ...that'll show siriusxm....

Tr33
May 26, 2007

The :ughh: at the end pretty much says it all.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I highly doubt this will hurt sirius in the long run. I mean few thousand cancellations out of 25 million is nothing and the PR for firing a racist is going to be good for them. And really most people arn't going to give a poo poo in 2 weeks.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Brother Joe loving sucks and if he becomes a huge part of the show I'm not even gonna bother to steal it much less pay for it.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

do people even listen to the show. All that was said was Opie can't go anywhere 'til October. He said he believed Ant wanted to do LFTC on his own but brother Joe called in and refuted that and Anthony's pretty much said the opster was welcome when his contract was up on twitter. The fact of the matter is were not going to know anything until closer to october.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Look I can see Opie not doing anything at all once his contract is up, he said he doesn't need to. He also said he loves doing radio so who knows. Opie isn't even sure what's going on with the show now so I'm pretty sure he's going to just focus on this until the contract is up... in october which is what they've all been reiterating over and over again.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Fez is just being Fez, as in not talking unless he wants to chime in on something that doesn't make much sense.

I think he's more concerned about BL taking his spot than Ron leaving for the OJ in the Morning show

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Opie's not the witty joke guy, alot of his stuff falls flat or he'll just talk about the dumb 2 or 3 stories over and over so people tend to forget he's actually a pretty good idea guy as far as coming up with ideas and content for the show. Seriously as much as I love Ant he's probably the more easily replaced part of the show.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

yeah I think the Opster has something like 7 to 8 years on Ant as far as radio experience goes, alot of it being on the more technical end of the business.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I saw it coming and I still laughed.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

hum I was debating this last hour whether I was going to at least try a months worth, but I guess if he's going the white supremacist route I'll just keep my 7 bux for a lovely evening at taco bell or something.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

How are any of you shocked that Anthony, without restriction, immediately goes out of his way to become the most racist shitheel? You all knew what he was.

Jimmy is a massive racist as well remember. He's dedicated large amounts of material to how Arabs aren't people.

Not to split hairs but I'm pretty sure he's talking about muslims and the religious extemeists in general rather than actual arab people.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trBxPFLq__g

Always thought he was suspiciously tanned for a racist.

You think Jimmy makes the distinction?

For what it's worth yes I actually do think Jimmy makes the distinction as he's been more places and met more people from different backgrounds than Anthony ever has. I think he makes the mistake of thinking everyone in the middle east is an extremist regardless of what religion they are.

I'm not saying he's the example of tolerance but he is the kind of person if you could actually get someone to sit down and explain poo poo to him correctly he'd change his mind about things.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

I will say the years post 9/11 are actually pretty brutal to listen to, but I think Jimmy has actually somewhat matured as a person over the years.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Brother Joe sucks so bad. a guy being in a "successful" cover band of a band he completely disagrees with adds an extra bit of sleaze to him too.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 6, 2014

Tr33
May 26, 2007

It'd be great if Florentine officially took Anthony's spot. I was pretty high on Dan Soder, but the more he's on doing that same high pitched whatever woman voice the more I realize he wouldn't add a whole lot being a full time guy.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Op's just not a funny dude. He has funny ideas and poo poo, but you're not getting a nice 1 liner from him. And unless he's blowing up an interview angry opie is just a dumbass.

Unrelated, here's one thing that does bug me about Jimmy is his nonchalant attitude towards sex abuse victims. Even dumb Bob Kelly could make the point it's tough for them to speak out about what happened especially when the abuser especially when it's someone as beloved as michael jackson was.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Call Me Charlie posted:

It's one of those dogwhistle words that tells me everything I need to know about the person using it, like when somebody continually brings up the patriarch or privilege in a conversation (spoiler: they're a retard)

lol

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Holy poo poo Jason Nash with another amazing appearance.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

We must not be reading the same internet

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Amazing

Tr33
May 26, 2007

spudsbuckley posted:

Think Opie basically funded the entire thing because he said as much when Rich and Bonnie were in a few weeks ago.

I reckon Op and Rich may actually be legit friends.

I may be misremembering but I think Op said he put up 10 grand to get the movie made.

Another note, now that Ant is gone it kinda seems like Sirius is going hard on delivering more content on the channel what with the tuesday night shows, Erock getting his own show, Sam's poo poo show, and Ron and Fez coming back. Not to be all :tinfoil: but it seems like Sirius was just waiting for the right time to finally boot the racist before committing to pushing the channel.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Nipplebox posted:

That's hard to believe, but maybe the initial surge of interest really was that big.

Didn't his first show have something like 22,000 views? Even if everyone only got the 1 month plan for 7 bucks just to check it out that's about $154,000 before taxes.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Well regardless of how much he says he's making, the model he set up is pretty solid. He doesn't need a million people to listen. 5 to 10 thousand people paying at least 5 bucks a month plus ads is plenty to sustain the show and make a decent profit

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Aug 27, 2014

Tr33
May 26, 2007

lol you got a mention on the show yesterday. Keep it up!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

remember the good ol days when neither Anthony nor Nick would be considered white? Seriously these idiots have no idea how good it is to be them right now.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 28, 2014

Tr33
May 26, 2007

had to be a work. ronnie set it up before fez ever got there that fez was going to gently caress it all up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

burmart posted:

Lenay D (Blackie Huge Hands) is starting her senior year of college.

edit: The gimmick of getting her to talk about inappropriate things still makes me laugh though.

she must be a super smart kid to be graduating college at 17

• Locked thread