Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I'm going to be a SJW and stick up for Stokes. SJW is a useful description of a group of sad lonely idiots that are best to tease or avoid entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Under the vegetable posted:

Hahaha this nigga got mangrate live reads. Nice podcast dude.

Not quite O&A related but I loved how Norm Macdonald lost Mangrate as a sponsor because he wasn't very good at advertising it.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Apoplexy posted:

Question about this older clip: 4 minutes in, Opie starts bitching and bashing Penn over not mentioning the twitter tag AT OPIE RADIO or some bullshit like that. Is he loving SERIOUS in this? If so, I would seriously love to join in on all the bashing of Ope. Christ, what a loving shitheaded, worthless moron.

He's not seriously bashing Penn for not writing out their twitter names, but it definitely bothers him on some level. At least it did back then, I don't know anymore.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Apoplexy posted:

Speaking of R&F, I'm coming close to the point where I've listened to most of the stuff on YouTube of O&A. I've listened to a somewhat-recent episode with Kurt Metzger and Big Jay and loved the poo poo out of it. Now I need a shitton of R&F recommendations so I will have hundreds of hours of comedy to listen to. Anyone care to start the inundation of recommendations?

Disco Dog on Youtube uploads a ton of great clips.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Also if you like Big Jay Oakerson, definitely check out The Soder Show with Big Jay Oakerson. There's only 6 of them but they're all awesome. I hope they do more soon.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Was Friday Artie Lange's first time back on a SiriusXM talk show since Howard?

e: didn't know his show used to air on a sports station.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Oct 18, 2014

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
It's all East Side Dave doing voices alone in the studio.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Stokes posted:

Ant invited Opie on Wednesday too, but he had 'scheduling conflicts.'

Philly Crew will all be back in town gettin fuckin wild.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Like Ron said, it was like seeing an old friend again. They should always have an audience.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Morter posted:

The further we go away from the older inside jokes, the more I realize less and less people will get why Chris was called a centaur to begin with.

I didn't really listen or pay attention to R&F back then, it wasn't just from the drawing?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

BigPoot posted:

I kind of have OCD and have to listen to every show

So you're the one.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I have a long road trip tomorrow and feel like giving O&J a listen just to see what the show is like nowadays. I stopped listening a little before Ant got fired.

Any notable dates worth listening to, on the good or bad end of the spectrum?

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Fez will die a virgin. A sad, gay virgin.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Ron & Anthony is the dream team, supergroup of radio. I hope it works out.

They have so many options for a third mic... Wonder if they'll just rotate it.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

@AnthonyCumia posted:

gently caress this social media poo poo @OpieRadio, your show or mine. No 140 char limit. Let's talk it out how it should be. On air. Pick a day.

Ant just went all-in. Opie can't argue in real-time, so I doubt this will happen.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

An Enormous Boner posted:

You're seriously crazy.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Fez also got under Opie's skin when he got hypnotized into Opie. Yet Fez has no resentment towards Anthony, even when he used the word human being a week or two ago on Legion of Skanks while they were discussing Fez.

The brief drama between R&F, LoS and Anthony is compiled here, and is a pretty good listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wH-ae7pNmE

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 7, 2015

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Well I think part of what helps is he sees Ron as an older guy, so he's one of the radio people he looked up to, a personality that he aspired to be. Anthony and others he sees more as his own peers, and that's when the grudges and pettiness happen.
One of Ant's gripes that he brought up more than once is that Opie didn't see his co-hosts and staff as peers. Opie was the "radio veteran" doing it since he was 18 years old, so he is smarter and more important.

Ron definitely brings out some good in Ope, but Ron can make radio for years out of a silent partner.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Ron Bennington and Buddayz Megathread: Through Your Tears

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
:siren: :siren: :siren: SiriusXM wants Ant back! :siren: :siren: :siren:

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Bennington, Opie & Jim, The Anthony Cumia Show, Legion of Skanks, with special guests....

Seriously can all these guys just join forces already.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Stokes is right, don't assume what a show you haven't seen/heard is talking about and then post about it as fact. Or go on air about it, in Opie's case.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Apr 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I just listen to Bangton on the regular now, but I'll tune into o&j or TACS if something interesting happens. Hth

• Locked thread