Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
While I've never liked his stand-up particularly, on the radio he's a proverbial shower of comedic gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The best example of why Jimmy is great on the radio is any given example of Chip Chippuhthun.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
A non-racist slash Ant aside, I've been listening to a ridiculous amount of O&A crap on YouTube, and I'm just now hitting the time where Jim Norton's mom left him a voice mail about his picking up of ladies of the evening. It's so hard to work through the whole clip, it's so loving funny and yet so bizarre.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

genderstomper58 posted:

Took the week off after Tuesday for july 4th(unrelated to AntBeating)

Colin continues to be hilarious(I hated him on SNL and his show but he's loving hilarious I was an idiot)

https://twitter.com/iamcolinquinn/status/484888087257157632

I don't give a care.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I honestly don't understand Colin Quinn's point in that tweet. Ant's actions were creeping on and taking pictures of black ladies and then reacting to one of them daring to question his behavior with "gently caress YOU NIGGERS!" 100,000 times. Does he want Ant to have sex with (or "gently caress") a black person in order for his actions and words to match?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Topic is called "Ant wiped his Twitter. Holy christ, this is getting weird." What does your standard Ant supporter think, upon seeing that? "Maybe Sirius is feeling the pressure from the fans canceling and told Ant to delete his tweets and he can have his job back. I hope ant doesn't apologize but deleting tweets to get his gig back isn't the worst thing he can do. Apologizing would be."

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

sba posted:

He sure got his comeuppance!! I think everyone who has ever had opinions should have the poo poo beaten out of them and lose their livelihood!

Just a quick response to this idiot: Racism isn't an 'opinion' like you think it is. It is a vile disease of society that ruins the lives of a good portion of the people in it. How in the gently caress can you think that racism to the extreme extent that Ant openly displays is an OPINION? Is being in the KKK a valid choice of association not at all indicative of criminal intent?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dazh posted:

Just because you hate his opinion and feel very strongly about it doesn't make it any less of an opinion. World doesn't revolve around you, bud. This is the kind of reactionary outrage over semantics that holds back progress.

How, exactly, does being a racist who says black people are subhuman vermin qualify as JUST AN OPINION to you? I feel like it may be something more than just another opinion in someone's repertoire ala whether they prefer basketball to baseball, cats to dogs, or whether or not they think shouting "friend of the family oval office" at someone in public is acceptable in the year of our lord 2014.

And I have absolutely no loving idea what is wrong with you that you think me being opposed to racism is holding back progress.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Dazh posted:

How you feel about it doesn't change what it is. All you're doing is taking the collective disgust over what he thinks and trying to use it to justify something that, whether you like it or not, was uncalled for. We've only got one side of the story, and it paints him as the victim here. Words don't justify violence regardless of how hateful they are.

Just so you know how stupid that is: Hitler set in motion the Holocaust with words, some pretty hateful ones! Do you think that there's absolutely no circumstance ever in which violence is an appropriate response to 'just some words'?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Chris James 2 posted:

Give that cat and TV's Frank a podcast or radio show instead

Frank appears on The Jimmy Dore Show fairly frequently. He's awesome, Jimmy Dore's awesome, and TJDS is awesome. Look it up, should you want to hear some liberals making fun of just how loving awful some poo poo is, especially American conservatives.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Morter posted:

I'm angry that I have a lot less to listen to during my long, boring work days :(

Does anyone have a podcast that they can recommend that starting from a year or so ago wouldn't be too painful?

The less celebrity interviews, the better.

Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast owns bones, as does Jim Florentine's Metal Midgets. You can pretty much look up any comedian you like, or who you like on O&A, and find that they have a podcast with a hundred+ hours of poo poo you can work through. The absolute #1 best comedy podcast I've ever heard, though, is The Bugle with John Oliver.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I expressed concern over Sterling getting his properties revoked because of clandestine recordings made of his own private conversations. I think it incredibly alarming that we completely accepted no real explanation of where those recordings came from and how they got leaked before the old bastard got his poo poo taken away. That was a blatant violation of privacy and we didn't even give a poo poo.

Yeah, but gently caress that guy. He deserved to have his poo poo taken away from him. Why the gently caress are you giving a poo poo and taking up arms to defend an old racist millionaire gently caress in his 80s who was banging a mixed-race girl in her 20s? He clearly doesn't need any help from you.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Exactly, Tomahawk. I find it pretty funny all the people (mainly not here, to be fair. on Reddit's O&A fan subreddit) complaining about how this path will lead us to the point where you won't even be able to rant about how niggers are inferior animals in your own home anymore without fear of losing prestige and fiscal/professional opportunity! A lot of care is going into defending people who are making GBS threads on entire swaths of humanity for no reason but their skin tone or some other thing that makes them a minority, and thus a convenient target for victimization.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

feigning interest posted:

E: All i hear now is Anthony and Ivory

Ebony And Anthony rhymes better.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

People with terrible opinions that make people want to hit them feel violence is the worst thing. Shocking.

Anthony should have been hung from a lamp post with piano wire as people with his political views used to be back in good old 1945 Italy.

Edit: Anthony has no problems with force being used on anyone else, remember.

I have absolutely no problem with this happening to everyone like Ant and I'm certain the world would become a better place overnight if it were to happen.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

"Violence isn't the answer" said the man defending the racist alcoholic who would openly fantasize about shooting black people on his radio show.

Who owns DOZENS of guns. Guns which aren't ever used to violent ends.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

4outof5 posted:

Who cares if the racist prick is a racist prick?

Maybe those animalistic friend of the family hordes who do nothing but chimp out and attack whites with full support and immunity to law enforcement? This situation is so loving amazing for helping people to reveal themselves as the worst loving pieces of poo poo in humanity. Nothing says ethics like dismissing racism and the effects of racists with power.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Gonzo McFee posted:

What power can you get being white, rich and a friend to the cops in America.

What power indeed.

No, more like 'what power do you have as a host of a radio show with millions of satellite radio listeners, 4 hours a day, 5 days a week'

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Stotty posted:

They dark chocolate and white chocolate berries have to be kept separate.

No, no, they only sell white chocolate ones in America, AS IT SHOULD BE!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Man, I just listened to the Back to the Future commentary, and this is the perfect example of Ant's racism being funny: He keeps bashing Goldie Wilson, blaming him for ruining Hill Valley circa 1985 in the original film. It's just so loving ridiculous and obviously tongue-in-cheek that it's hard to not laugh at.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
My favorite O&A bit is any time religion comes up and Jimmy jumps into ranting about how ridiculous religion is. A WOMAN ACTED UP, SO GOD TURNED HER INTO A PILE OF SALT. THAT'S REALISTIC. Also, any time bashing Jesse Ventura seems appropriate. THERMITE PAINT!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I appreciate the time you put into that, Cory. I learned something from your post that I didn't know before, as I refuse to waste any more time researching Ant in LFTC footage that I'll just be enraged from. Him abusing a retard is a nice example of being a huge piece of poo poo with no loving empathy whatsoever, even though he knows Bobo and should be treating him like a human being but can't because he's been otherized (see Adam Carolla and his life-long friend Ray, who he treats like loving poo poo constantly because he's poor, making him sufficiently otherized to be abused without remorse, even with a loving lifetime of experiences and friendship attempting to make Adam behave in a manner that isn't just outright cruelty), and him pulling that poo poo on his female cousin IN FRONT OF HER SON is just... incredible.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

O__O posted:

Seeing the word "otherized" is a good indication that the person using it is an insufferable bore. Were you ever a fan of the show at all or did you listen so you could sharply gasp at all the "problematic" poo poo taking place

You do know what I mean by the term, at least. Bobo gets treated like a subhuman mongrel because Ant believes the differences between the two of them are significant enough that he can do anything to him without actually being a bad person. Although I'd argue that the case with Adam and Ray is about 1000x worse and more glaring an example of someone who literally deserves to die because of what they've done, especially since 'lol I'm rich ur poor' is literally all it took for The Ace Man to declare someone else a lesser human being.

And yes, I actually do like the show a lot. Like in the present tense, even though it's obviously going to be O&J instead of O&A. I've been listening to full shows and bits of note on YouTube pretty much non-stop the past month or so. I'm only just now finding the Race Wars podcast of Kurt Metzger's worth switching my attention over to, though I still have a good 40 hours worth of O&A queued to listen to in the near future. So, yes, I'm more than just a bullshit SJW, I just think that Ant's choice in retaining his ridiculous racism in spite of knowing it is sourced to his abusive dickhole of a father makes him deserving of punishment until he changes. The Racist Tree is 100% right in how examples need to be made of every single person who behaves the way Ant does.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I agree: Him thinking himself to be superior to another simply because of their lack of money and his luck in acquiring it is only, like, 98% of the way there. Meanwhile, he actually deserves to die because he's willingly sold out to FoxNews and the conservative shitheads of America. That's well beyond simply deserving to die. That's, like, 110% of an immediately-executed 'sorry, you die now' sentence, if not more. One thing I always think of: When he cared about how uneducated teenagers making GBS threads out kids that would become tomorrow's criminals is exacerbated by the religious right in America forcing ignorance as the only answer to sexual education, he was quite angry about how conservatives were destroying lives. Somehow he's changed his opinion on that all and is completely swallowing his atheism and all now that he's able to get a paycheck out of the Bill O'Reilly appearances and Dennis Prager tours and poo poo.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jul 12, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I didn't know a whole lot about Bobo before, but now that I do, yeah, he's partially responsible for all the stuff he does, even if he's goaded into it by Ant. It just seems like the stuff he does is rather reckless and dangerous and Ant shouldn't be egging him into them is all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Tomahawk posted:

Actually, comedy is a lot funnier when you punch up or self deprecate.

If the janitor roasts the CEO at the company picnic, it's funny. If the CEO roasts the janitor, not so much.

I do believe Jimmy Dore said it best when he pointed out this is why conservative "comedians" (Dennis Miller and FoxNews and such) don't work so well: They are just punching downward and beating up those with absolutely no power like the poor and other oppressed minorities. It doesn't work as well as making fun of someone who has some responsibility for the situations that are at hand, and who are ordinarily immune to/able to punish criticism. The person with the least power getting blamed and ridiculed and punished for everything isn't comedy-- it's reality.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

CortezFantastic posted:

Just cause he has different opinions of you doesn't mean he deserves to die, are you a child?

I don't consider racism to be an 'opinion' that is just another part of the tapestry of a person. It's a 0 or a 1 that determines if you're so disgusting that you should be thrown into a trash compactor. Being an Adam Carolla rich gently caress who looks down on the poor is just as bad.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

To Battle posted:

http://youtu.be/55_Zn5l0Aw8

Was watching this clip last night, at 27:00 best foreshadowing ever.

"Heebie Kikeberger" is the absolute best, I swear.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

iceaim posted:

Hate to break it to you, but racism is an opinion. It's a bad opinion, but it's still an opinion regardless as long as it does not manifest itself in violence.

Why do you advocate violence against people you disagree with? How does that not make you any less retarded than Christian Crusaders who slaughtered Muslims?

So I guess you must be ok with murdering millions of Chinese living in Hong Kong and China since a bunch of them casually say racist things about African and dark skinned people.

Here's the problem: Wouldn't you be a racist yourself if you're murdering another race simply because they're racist against the noble black race?

Of course if you happen to be Han Chinese yourself, you're still a completely unhinged psychopath. You'd probably be the next Chairman Mao if someone was dumb enough to give you any real power.

Thank god you're just a basement dwelling autistic loser with absolutely zero influence on the world.

We clearly have a difference of opinion in how much we care about this subject. I think that being racist or otherwise-bigoted is the most evil thing a person can be and makes one deserving of life's prompt end. I'm not about to set out on a glorious quest of bloodletting to cleanse the world of such people, but I don't see the problem in stating my opinion. You seem to have an issue with anyone saying such things, though, and are quite angered by that. I guess that's just another 'opinion' is all.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

iceaim posted:

You are free to state your opinion all you want. I never said you should stop or lose your job over it. But I am also free to criticize. That's the beauty of freedom of speech.

It's absolutely incredible that you think racism is pure evil, but you're pretty cool with murder as long as it kills racists.

So in your opinion, is murder not evil if it's used to kill racists?

Also yeah this feels like trolling to me.

Are the cops evil if they shoot some serial killer after he fired upon them? Is capital punishment evil when it's used to kill that same serial killer who's got a string of kids he raped and killed under his belt? Someone's trolling and it's not me, you're just mentally simple and silly, it seems.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Lovechop posted:

also Mike Tyson really loving loves Bailey Jay hahah

Because of course he does. Just more proof that not wanting to bang Bailey Jay means Mike Tyson will beat you up.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
"X's Brother" is rarely an improvement over the one we know. See also: George Zimmerman

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

yourafagpleasedie posted:

I just want the people who are desperately lying to themselves that the show has been really good lately to stop.

The only lying going on is that Opie or Jim would kill their contracts in defense of Ant's racism. The show's been the best it's been in years. Yeah, that doesn't compare to when Patrice was alive, or before Obama's election drove Ant insane in one fell swoop, but it's still better than nothing. And way better than the show was a month ago.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Cromulent posted:

Is it that Gavin guy from Vice? He says all kinds of crazy poo poo and I think he still appears on Fox.

Speaking of Vice, this Uncle Paul sketch from Jimmy's new show is great: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aYUrqVCodw

Gavin McInnes is the original hipster, a co-founder of Vice that got ejected (because he crazy) when it was decided that Vice was going to turn into the most legitimate source of journalism in America, and not so much not a racist himself. Media Matters on him being a racist. TYT covering it (Jimmy Dore rules, btw) Him being a sexist, which is just hilariously pathetic. Also, he was on Kurt Metzger's Race Wars podcast and ended up pissing off both Kurt's girlfriend and then his girlfriend's best friend slash Kurt's secondary vagina he plows to the point where she threw something at him and stormed off. I really recommend checking that one out, because Race Wars is the loving best podcast. https://soundcloud.com/racewars/fred-amistad

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, wow. When I first saw this article, I thought it was a fake one, like one of those articles on The Onion written by Obama or somesuch. Sure enough, I’m Not a Racist, Sexist, or a Homophobe, You friend of the family Slut human being by Gavin McInnes IS real and written by him. Taki Magazine is a crazy-people site, ala StormFront/FreeRepublic. So he's a really good person.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Under the vegetable posted:

It's only a matter of time before Greg Proops is a regular guest and Jimmy learns that being feminist will perhaps assist him in loving transsexual girls without paying for it.

Excuse me, the correct term is TRANSGENDER INDIVIDUALS, you heteronormative cismale. :tumblr:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jimmy's actually writing for TIME now, it seems from the fact that there's more than one article written by him on there that I've seen. Which is awesome, because he really does have a great perspective and is intelligent. That and a lot of things he writes about are quite unfamiliar to most people (depression, addiction, prostitution, childhood sexual bizarreness).

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

JFC posted:

Why didn't he just call her the announcer?

Because it's not a joke when you call her a her when she's transgendered and has a penis still?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, but Adomian is the loving bomb and funny at literally everything he does, so even a webseries where he acts as Marc Maron is amazing (even if you hate Marc Maron). Also, Kevyn, are you kevyn999 on YouTube? I am stupid and didn't put your name together until now. I was one of the people posting on your videos about the trouble with them loading. Not that it matters or I have any ongoing business with you or anything, just that I realized you might be him on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Victorkm posted:

He's self aware enough not to dedicate an entire show to ferguson. Usually only 1/3 to 1/2 of one or even less if he has a guest that isn't Shawn Bergen or the guy who started Vice.

Speaking of people who got fired for being unable to keep themselves from posting bigotry online, Gavin McInnes managed to get himself fired from a SECOND company he founded! Gotta hand it to that guy, he manages to keep upping his game when it comes to being an annoying shitlord who keeps harming himself with his own abrasive, ignorant commentary on social issues!

• Locked thread