Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Untagged posted:

Davey Mac Sports Program going on an indefinite hiatus.

What the gently caress. I don't listen because I'm not a sports dude or what ever but Dave is such a team player. Give the loving guy a break for once. What a poo poo company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ChristianDB posted:

500? He said he got 50 bucks a week for that show. Often he'd say that getting into the city was losing him money.

Wasn't that for Special Delivery? I'm losing track.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ChristianDB posted:

You think he got a raise after he quit?

Nah, not the money. Him saying that coming into the city was actually costing more than the company was paying him. I remember that was Ron & Fez now. He made that big "pay me more or I'm out" speech and they told him to kick rocks.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Ah ha I wanted to paste some Marion twitter poo poo but it seems that her account is suspended.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Lovechop posted:

Some great Jimmy animal rants on the podcast. Him calling the entire ocean a oval office and saying that fish are 'worthless, edible monsters' loving destroys me.

Who the gently caress edits that thing? The intros and poo poo are loud as gently caress and all the show audio is quiet. I end up turning up the volume to hear the clip and get the poo poo scared out of me by that goofy rear end stinger in between bits. I bet it's stupid Sal, Master of ProTools.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I really wanted to bitch about no one listening to me complaining about the levels on the podcast that I posted like a day ago but then I realized that it doesn't matter and hopefully the problem will be fixed. I'm growing as a human being in front of your eyes.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

An Enormous Boner posted:

Growing big and fat probably. Booyah.

I'm over 30 and care about the audio fidelity of a podcast. You do the math, junior. Lets hug it out.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Can some nice and good person please tweet this image and a short explanation to Mr. Sam Roberts? I, the first person in this thread to bring up this issue, would really appreciate it.

I find it hard to believe that you can compose these scientific audio waveforms but lack the skills to transfer these findings through to the twittersphere. I smell a conspiracy or a false flag or a fart.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Oh, who's this cool big strong muscle man that didn't do a tweet in the first place? I hired one of my mercenaries to do your dirty work and now you're so cool. How about sending out the tweet yourself? Some of us aren't in positions to be throwing out tweets every which way. We have kids (I don't have kids).

I can't tweet unless I'm being ironic. It's an illness and I don't like talking about it. Thanks for bringing it up, now I have to take a bunch of xanax and get totally high on it because I have bad coping skills.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

What's up with the "best of o&a" now? Did I miss something?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ChristianDB posted:

Was Fridays show any good with whookid? I haven't listened to opie and Anthony in like a year...bearable?

Yeah, it was pretty entertaining all the way through.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I still like Bobo poo poo but I laugh at people falling down at the grocery store so take that as you will.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

TL posted:

Nothing has ever made me laugh as hard as Bobo the One Man Band. Christ, that was hysterical.

The Fugitive arc is wonderful. The dog scare to the fake arrest; what a loving goldmine.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Peter North posted:

at a hack's steakhouse gig

Whoa whoa whoa what? Bob is a hack all of a sudden?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

eightysixed posted:

Why does R&F sounds so terrible live, but sounds almost perfectly normal On-Demand?

Bandwidth?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

From what I've heard from Ellis (which is little I admit), he seems like a douchey Exxxtreme Mtn Dew skateboard dude and has no real footing to claim radio supremacy when it comes to anyone other than Terry Clifford.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Jesse Ventura did an AMA, during which he was asked about American Taliban Gregg Hughes and classified document leaker Lyle Chipperson

I looked at a reddit thread, in which I asked myself "How can I easily get to the post that Rev. Bleech mentioned?"

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The three O&A questions are linked at the top here; one of the rare instances when the O&A subreddit is more useful than flaming dog poo poo in a bag.

Thank you for clarifying, and gently caress you for making me look at reddit.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Stokes posted:

I don't get what the big deal is. He's allowed to think he has the best radio show in the whatever.

Edit: That said, there's no doubt in my mind that Opie will trample over the other people in the studio to constantly repeat how wrong he thinks Ellis is.

No one's playing thought police with Ellis here. He can think he has the blackest dick in Africa but that doesn't make him right.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Hey guys, you'll never guess who's attaching himself ot other people's drama again:

He fought so hard this is the first we're hearing of it!

Hey guys, you'll never guess who's opinions are dumb and wrong!

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

ozza posted:

Now you wait just a drat moment.

http://i.imgur.com/kWH04Jl.jpg

Holy poo poo I miss that little dweeb.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

JFC posted:

Which one is that?

Executive Intern David.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Didn't Di drink all the money away by Day 3?

That was the extra money she got for giving them her poo poo and piss stained underpants.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

shyduck posted:

In Crown Chicken's defense, it is very good chicken, especially when intoxicated.

Lady Di is a total lost cause. I'm guessing her military discharge wasn't honorable or medical (which if not reflects poorly), obviously a complete drunk, but also her credit is more than likely permanently trashed. As much of a mess Bill is himself, he's gotta reach a breaking point soon and will probably kick her out.

edit: If it was an actual "dishonorable", that's on par with being a convicted felon when it comes to employment. Good job Lady Di

I don't know how they did it in the 50s or whenever she was in, but I guess it's not common knowledge that there are discharges in-between honorable and dishonorable. Usually cases like hers will receive a general discharge. She probably doesn't even know what they gave her.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Remember how fun the show was when Lady Di was interning? Does anybody remember laughter?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

yes, more of that please

How about more of not yelling "obama" for hours. When I think back of the standout bits from this show, none of them involve politics. Well, except the Donald Rumsfeld Mexican baby eater segment.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Morter posted:

Hate to be late to the party but it'll be a while until I catch up on O&A, so does anyone want to spoil for me exactly what happened with Roland/why people are calling him sensitive? Was it due to the Cronut guy drama? Or did some people make fun of him and he took it too personally?

From what little I've seen/heard, Cronut Guy was supposed to be in on Wednesday. On Tuesday, they were talking with Roland about the upcoming interview and making light fun of the pastry guy. Word got back to doughnut dude's wife, Roland panicked and cancelled the interview, fearing his pastry connection would be severed. The boys were upset (mainly Jimmy) because Roland expected them to gently caress with the dude and never asked what their plan for the interview was. Roland then proceeded to act like a child further. I'm sure the locking down of his Twitter was because of rear end in a top hat listeners, but he acted like a dick for cookies so whatever.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Stokes posted:

Amy Schumer is getting steam for this speech about body issues she did at some gala or whatever. Here. Take special note of who she's posing with in that picture. Think the boys will go anywhere near this?

Why would they? Because Gabourey Sidibe just happened to be there and Amy took a photo with her? Her speech was interesting, but how deep could they go with "she took a photo with precious"?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Cory Lidle posted:

So basically you were received the same way as you are here?

holy poo poo

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sankis posted:

Didn't Ron and Ron, and every other 'shock jock' duo of the 80s and early 90s, have the exact same bit? I don't understand why they care.

I mean, "Whip em' Out Wednesday" is sort of a branded staple of this show. If 92.3 Now did a "show you tits to strangers" bit under another name, I think there would be much less backlash. It's New York Radio, it's a station that they sort of used to work for, and it's a morning show. I agree with Opie for once.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Sankis posted:

That'd explain it. I heard Super Show 2 but never 1. I ought to go back and listen to it.

Yeah, the first was really the best. They're really loving up by doing "super shows" so much.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

How Much Art posted:

I'm kind of annoyed that I've been subjected to Reggie Watts as much as I have in the past few years. It perplexes me that he's had that much staying power, but he's like catnip for alt-comedy fans. Remember Michael Winslow? Michael Winslow is an often go-to reference for comedians to use as an example of hacky/corny comedy, but to me, Reggie Watts is basically Michael Winslow with a delay/looper pedal and a subscription to Vice magazine. I feel like he's neat when you first see him, then after that, who gives a poo poo? Good on him if he can keep getting them $$$ though...

Yeah I know how you feel. There are so many people that I can't stand that I'm forced to listen to on a daily basis and it makes me sick. Why can't I just listen to what I want? Welp back to the grind I have to listen to more Reggie Watts.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Bring back the Saturday Night Virus shows :(

Or just make Erock do his show in the Virus voice. It might make listening to him talk about The Simpsons and Cheez-Its a little more interesting.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Morter posted:

Bring back Sam & Than
Bring back Sam & San
Bring back Than & Tham
Bring back Than & Sam :cheers:

I'm sure you meant to say Sam and Dave.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

I'm so fuckin in love with every part of this story.
"Did you press charges?"
"Lol! No! It's a joke. Whitey can't do anything."
He can't even keep his racist tirades straight. Since when are white people powerless in the justice system?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Javes posted:

Yes, Ant is a racist rear end in a top hat but I'm not a fan of people resorting to violence as a response to them getting photographed in public.

Hah yeah dude that's probably what really happened

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

eightysixed posted:

That's what I was thinking. It seems like it was 1am or so. Why was he wondering the streets of NYC at that hour? :stare:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Nucleic Acids posted:

Given that we only have his side of the story so far, it just seems hard to believe just snapping a photo of her was enough to make her angry enough to attack him.

B-but...savages

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Don't worry everyone, Anthony will be safe because of hash tag activism! Justices for Anthony Cumia!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

How Much Art posted:

Anthony Cumia @AnthonyCumia ·

Oh, @BeavisCumia, we may have to start going to the cheaper food boy.

edit: fun new Gawker article:
http://gawker.com/anthony-cumia-has-a-long-history-of-public-awfulness-1599704541

Ant's also re-tweeting support from George Zimmerman's brother. Terrific!

Oh neat. I got anonymously quoted in a Gawker article. I guess I've finally made it.

• Locked thread