Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTY: THE ROYAL RUMBLE, 1/26/14
Worst opinion of the year: EugeneJ.

The Royal Rumble wasn't good. It wasn't bad either. Highlights this year are only the rise of Roman Reins and Kofi's half-assed anti-elimination spot (The latter isn't even memorable).

It's not worth any nominations to me.

However, Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt was as solid as any non big atmosphere WWE match will allow them to be. Honorable Mention to me. The match was pretty drat solid, and it might be something I come back and watch again in the year, but it's nothing I'll remember in three years. There's still plenty of PWG and NJPW to fill up MOTY candidates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

EugeneJ posted:

WMOTY: THE ROYAL RUMBLE, 1/26/14

wow, you fuckin' goober.

e: I EXPLICITLY DO NOT SECOND THIS NOMINATION, JUST IN CASE

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Rodney the Piper posted:

HM: THE ROYAL RUMBLE, 1/26/14

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM to both Bryan/Bray and the Rumble. Bryan/Bray is just on the cusp of MOTY imo, and definitely a career making match for Bray. Can't wait for him to get fed to Cena.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Also WMOTY: Brock Lesnar vs The Big Show, Royal Rumble 2014.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that match was exactly what it needed to be.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This thread is confusing enough on a normal day but if Bryan vs Wyatt doesn't qualify as a MOTYC I truly don't have any idea what's going on anymore.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Gonna n'th it being an honorable mention. It was good but I won't remember it next year probably.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Illinois Smith posted:

This thread is confusing enough on a normal day but if Bryan vs Wyatt doesn't qualify as a MOTYC I truly don't have any idea what's going on anymore.

it was a very good match but I don't think it was that good and either way it's already made the cut as MOTYC so who cares

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
HMOTYC - Daniel Bryan vs Bray Wyatt - Royal Rumble

The rest... not so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oatgan posted:

HM: Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan - The Royal Rumble

I absolutely agree and throw in my (by now superfluous) second.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oatgan posted:

That was a textbook honorable mention, imo.

Ya I'll agree with this. It wasn't really MOTYC material but it was really fun and I'd maybe even tell someone who hasn't seen it to look it up if they got a spare fifteen minutes.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
HM: Daniel Bryan, John Cena, and Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns, WWE Raw 1/27/14

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Oh, also: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN HMOTYC OR TVMOTY. PLEASE DO NOT NOMINATE ANYTHING WITH THOSE TITLES

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

HM: Daniel Bryan, John Cena, and Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns, WWE Raw 1/27/14

seconding this

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

What? How are you supposed to label it then?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

What? How are you supposed to label it then?

HM

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

How do I nominate HulkaMatt of the Year Candidates then?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Isn't that what I did?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Isn't that what I did?

His post wasn't directed at you

e: I'm assuming

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Lloyd Boner posted:

His post wasn't directed at you

Alright, sorry.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oatgan posted:

How do I nominate HulkaMatt of the Year Candidates then?

tweet nutbunnies with the hashtag #HMOTY

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Bryan vs. Bray was the best match I've seen this year, but if it winds up being Match of the Year, this will have been a very bad year.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

The Goog posted:

Bryan vs. Bray was the best match I've seen this year, but if it winds up being Match of the Year, this will have been a very bad year.

Don't worry we got a lot of NJPW to come.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Thirding the six man.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Thauros posted:

MOTYC - Volador Jr vs Mascara Dorada - NJPW/CMLL Fantasticmania 1/19

I'll second this. I'd really like to suggest people watch this match, which was the main event, and the semi-main from the same show (Tanahashi, Ibushi and Mistico vs. Nakamura, Takahashi and Mephisto) which I gave a HM nomination to. You can check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6vmOLtjlY. Really good stuff.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rodney the Piper posted:

I'll second this. I'd really like to suggest people watch this match, which was the main event, and the semi-main from the same show (Tanahashi, Ibushi and Mistico vs. Nakamura, Takahashi and Mephisto) which I gave a HM nomination to. You can check it out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh6vmOLtjlY. Really good stuff.

Both great matches. I watched the finish of Volador/Mascara three times and I still don't entirely understand what happened but it was pretty cool. Also:

HM: Tanahashi, Goto, & Naito vs. Okada, Nakamura, & Ishii - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 2/2

Excellent six-man match where every guy got a chance to shine.

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 2, 2014

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Both great matches. I watched the finish of Volador/Mascara and I still don't entirely understand what happened but it was pretty cool. Also:

HM: Tanahashi, Goto, & Naito vs. Okada, Nakamura, & Ishii - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 2/2

Excellent six-man match where every guy got a chance to shine.

Seconded.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
MOTYC - Tanahashi, Goto, & Naito vs. Okada, Nakamura, & Ishii - NJPW Road to the New Beginning 2/2

It was just too drat good for an HM

Add me for MOTYC for Mascara Dorada vs. Volador Jr. on the 1/19 Fantasticamania show too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WMOTY: The New Aged Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes/Goldust, Raw 2/3/14

Boring, plodding match that ended with a completely whiffed, stupidly dangerous finish.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

NienNunb posted:

WMOTY: The New Aged Outlaws vs. Cody Rhodes/Goldust, Raw 2/3/14

Boring, plodding match that ended with a completely whiffed, stupidly dangerous finish.

Seconded

Abrasive Obelisk fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Feb 4, 2014

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

It was pretty forgettable, I don't know if that qualifies as WMOTY

except that moonsault

and a No-DQ cage match with tags

and NAO retaining

ok second

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

WMOTYC: Titus O'Neil vs Zack Ryder, Raw 2/3/14

I don't even like Ryder but that finish looked nasty for him and the rest of the match was a heatless mess that would've sucked on Superstars, much less Raw.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

flashy_mcflash posted:

WMOTYC: Titus O'Neil vs Zack Ryder, Raw 2/3/14

I don't even like Ryder but that finish looked nasty for him and the rest of the match was a heatless mess that would've sucked on Superstars, much less Raw.

Seconded

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Those matches were pretty inoffensive to me (outside of the missed catch). Nothing good but nothing god awful. Ryder/Titus was just boring.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

HulkaMatt posted:

Those matches were pretty inoffensive to me (outside of the missed catch). Nothing good but nothing god awful. Ryder/Titus was just boring.

WMOTYCs are the new HMs

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
MOTYC: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, 2/3/14

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

MOTYC: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, 2/3/14

NO

I'd go for an HM though, it was really good

HM: Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton, 2/3/14

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

seconding the HM for Bryan-Orton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009