Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Hahahah, "scientists laughing from their lavish laboratories?" What exactly does he think that a life of research is like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

God loving dammit. Why do people keep putting Trump on TV. Even you Fox News, even you should be better than this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This is so god damned stupid. SO stupid.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Funny, Republicans are usually fine with forcing sex on nuns as long as it's done in El Salvador.

:drat:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

And no Daily Show clip about Republican mock outrage would be complete without some right wing piece of poo poo putting their hand up the rear end of the corpses of The Founding Fathers to use them as a mouthpiece.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Maxwell Lord posted:

Logo: the game that pays for itself even if we never sell a single box.

At least I assume that's the plan.

Considering people will gladly pay for and walk around with T-shirts with corporate logos on them, I can't really muster the outrage for this one.
It's been around for at least a few years too, I've seen commercials for that game for a long time.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus motherfucking Christ. I'm watching last night's episode, and Fox having Dean Cain on to go 'if you are unemployed, JUST START IN A FILM' is so goddamned disgusting. Everything said in the loving segment on Fox/by Republicans was. But it's literally as though Republicans think that, to quote a stand-up comic (A LIBERAL ONE!), if you're in financial straits because your political hack book's residuals aren't bringing in enough of a steady income for you, you should just do a few more after-dinner speeches, sell a few entries in your classic car collection, maybe lease your private jet and yacht to others for a short while. You know-- middle American solutions.

On the other hand, I'd rather be unemployed than host the modern incarnation of "Bloopers and Practical Jokes" that airs at 2:30 am after Saturday Night Live.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

This guy sure is a shitbird.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

If only we had elected McCain and committed to 100 Years In Iraq :allears:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is this about where they shove ads into the background of reruns of TV shows? That's not particularly new, is it?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Wait, retroactive ads?

http://splitsider.com/2011/07/background-ads-for-zookeeper-digitally-inserted-into-reruns-of-how-i-met-your-mother/

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

JohnSherman posted:

Putin loving murders his political opponents. Great comparison, that.

When Putin did that editorial in the Wall Street Journal or whatever it was a few months back, I saw facebook comments of people literally saying they wished we had a president like Putin.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So I'm about 10 minutes behind on my DVR, I should just skip straight to Colbert, right?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

That's so weird, I guess it makes sense that there would be tourism commercials for the USA, but it's so bizarre to see.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

It's a shame that the NCAA will probably stand in its current state forever, since nobody involved in college athletics wants to jeopardize their future chances of going pro.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

Nerds send death threats and sexually harass anyone who makes a game that isn't killing things, you think people are not going to be pissed on wanting to change collage sports.

I REALLY don't understand following collage level sports.

Well all those different colors and designs can be very fascinating, especially on a competitive level. :v:

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea all it costs them is possible brain damage, spine damage, neck damage, pretty much every joint damage, and being 'prepared' for a career that only takes a handful of them and even then is only good for what, ten years tops?

LUCKY DUCKIES!

Don't forget making billions of dollars for their school and the NCAA for a degree that's not worth the paper it's printed on, assuming they even graduate.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

College sports is a racket.

Also, Peyton Manning is a company man.

Which company, the NFL, Budweiser, or Papa Johns?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

A Lewinsky joke in 2014 from someone that's not Jay Leno, who would've thought.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Muslims, if memory serves me right.

Gays too.

It will forever baffle me that people consider Fox News to be a journalistic endeavor, and even moreso that other stations that allegedly do want to report news try to emulate them so hard. Isn't it obvious to anyone to anyone with eyes and ears that their focus is airing things that scared white people want to hear so they can make money off of them? I mean, not even their most diehard employees believe that, do they?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Nah if pandering to dumb whites was the only success method every media outlet in the west would be booming. Ailes wins because he creates such a thick echochamber with his culture wars and biased MSM where everyone but Fox is in on this vast communist Muslim gay Jew conspiracy to not only lie to you but to DESTROY THE VERY NATION, these people can't escape.

Right, so scared white people, or rather "Real 'Muricans." It doesn't hurt to have the backing of a major political party either, of course, but the point is that they have somehow convinced people that what they do is "journalism" to the point that other media outlets want to emulate their brand of "journalism."

Then again, if anything the bomb proof office is probably evidence that he actually believes this poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Uh the Antichrist isn't in the bible in the form your talking about Moment of Zen, but then people who buy your book are too stupid and/or lazy to actually read the book they claim to base their life off.

Colbert Bookclub? The last one didn't work out so well.

The Salinger one was terrible, but the Great Gatsby one was hilarious.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

If they are going to bring up Richard Sherman's rant then I think I should posted
http://deadspin.com/richard-sherman-explains-what-people-mean-when-they-cal-1506821800

Everyone knew that already though, didn't they? Nobody's fooling anyone with the word "thug" anymore.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

I'm still laughing at "Ok Google, pull out."
Did I miss something or did they not explain the reasoning behind that whole bus-picketing thing at all beyond "the rent is too drat high and it's Google's fault somehow"?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

It's a shame we never hear anything about Congo, because holy poo poo is that country a mess.

Bourdain recently did a Parts Unknown episode there. There is literally nothing about the episode that is not depressing.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

No.1 Special posted:

So now we're talking about this.

edit:Good Job effects people.

Why talk about it for the last few years when people knowing about it could make a difference?
Might as well talk about it after it's already been killed off and there's nothing anyone can do and no reason for anyone to care.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Three uses of the word "innovation" that mean the exact opposite of what it actually means. Kinda like "freedom."

Comcast talking about "innovation" is almost as hilarious as their commercials where people left Xfinity allegedly are so happy and relieved to switch back to it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

That's free speech for corporations. It's not free speech for people.

Corporations are people m:suicide:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

If only Hannity were flapping his stupid jowls in earnest and really would get the gently caress out.

Cue hours of false Fox New incredulity at their made-up persecution.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

Just tuned in, what did I miss?

Fox News having mock outrage about something somebody said that is not praising the far right, must be Monday.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

I wish these guys were better at performing at Yankee Stadium yesterday.

That wasn't as good as Lewis Black's "gently caress Texas" campaign, but I liked it a lot.

"If you stay, we'll cut off our hoodies" got a good laugh out of me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Did... did that motherfucker actually say that Obama caused the shutdown?
The same guy who made that poo poo the hill he was willing to die on?

These guys really just try whenever they can to say the craziest poo poo just to see who will believe it, don't they?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The NFL is loving ridiculous.

e: Holy poo poo that graphic.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

gently caress these people for booing Sherman

I'd never seen that extra clip before, he was totally justified in calling out Crabtree.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

DrBouvenstein posted:

^ ^ ^ The Hell he isn't. :colbert: ^ ^ ^

I'm honestly waiting for the day they manage to land a trademark for "The Big Game" too, so we'll eventually hear commercials saying,
"Are you ready for the football event this weekend?

Wait...they'll trademark the word football...

"Get all your snacks for the Ball Thing this Sunday!"

...then they'll trademark Sunday. :negative:

Maybe they'll just co-opt the XFL's "Big Game at the End" name.
Did the XFL even last long enough to get to that game?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

I don't think he got fined for the postgame interview. Either way, taunting penalties and fines for being unsportsmanlike are bullshit. Athletes shouldn't be expected to be gentlemen at all times.

I demand some geniality in my sports where people slam against each other violently for three hours and permanently maim themselves and others, thank you very much :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Dr Christmas posted:

A few weeks ago, weren't people complaining about wussification at the mere suggestion that what that Incognito guy did was not okay?

Yeah, but he was white.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Seeing Nate Silver again reminds me of that natesilverwrong.com site that somebody put up because they were so certain that his 2012 election predictions would be wrong...

...and then it mysteriously vanished when all the results came in and he hit every single one. Good times.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

Wait...what?

Edit: I didn't understand that. Why are their gentiles on the Grammy?

Well the Jews can't be on it, they need to keep people believing they don't control the media!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm looking at his wikipedia page now. How accurate was 538?

100%. In 2008 as well as 2012 I believe.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So Thrift Shop is a "good song" and Can't Hold Us was somebody's favorite song of last year.

You learn new and interesting things here in the Daily Show thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Myst Hat posted:

I will never, ever understand how these people's rebuttal to "people can't live on $7 an hour" is "well then let's pay them $2 instead!".

Well his actual response was "yes they can because capitalist society."

• Locked thread