Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

CapnAndy posted:

No more Colbert Report?

Why no more Colbert Report :(
Because :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: :20bux: ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Watch Letterman steal his show back after 6 months.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Echo Chamber posted:

Even though the timeslot will be up against Colbert, I can't imagine Comedy Central surrendering its 11:30 audience completely to Stephen and CBS.
People are going to watch Colbert once, find out it sucks and then watch a replacement show on Comedy Central or turn off their tv's.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Echo Chamber posted:

The Report's been on since 2005. When it ends, we'd have over nine years. We got to see him act as a cheerleader for one president and a critic of another. I'm not going to complain. I also don't fault Colbert for wanting to try something different after a decade.
Yes, who can fault Colbert for wanting to do something much shittier for much more money?

Hazo posted:

Right. That's why I think Cheating Death would be one of the few to bring along, because it doesn't really revolve around the character.
Would that even be legal?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Also why are we pretending that Colbert's show isn't already a giant fluffjob for people pushing their books/band/movie?
Because that's only about five minutes of the show. And it's rarely actors.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Acquilae posted:

Wait you can legally own a Barrett 50 cal?
When burglars are breaking into your home, you just get in your sniper nest.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Where the hell is that ultra creepy audio recording of the guy from? Holy christ, that's Silence Of The Lambs stuff.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Taibbi's takedowns of Friedman are some of the funniest things.

http://nypress.com/a-shake-of-the-wheel/

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/2003/2003-November/027391.html

http://nypress.com/flat-n-all-that/

http://trueslant.com/matttaibbi/2009/04/23/tom-friedman-strikes-again/

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

VagueRant posted:

I think Bill Maher is funny and makes a lot of good points despite disagreeing massively with him on a few issues...But I listen to Real Time in podcast format from HBO's site and I had genuinely forgotten how punchably smug his face was.

I'm not really liking either of the new guys on The Daily Show, but I totally agree that Jessica Jones has become the big new hit on the show. (And she started off a little rough too, as I recall.)

Colbert having a bit of a mancrush on Paul Rudd was quite funny. It's so weird to think back on how much I hated him as The Boring Guy In Friends.
Wait, did Jason Jones divorce Samantha Bee and marry Jessica Williams?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Is it me, or is Jordan Klepper the worst correspondent in Daily Show history?

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Afro posted:

I really like Klepper.

The worst in recent memory is definitely Josh Gad though.
But he did one of my favorite bits ever :(

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/video-playlists/s2803w/the-best-of-josh-gad/qst60i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

Boywhiz88 posted:

It really is. We're so exposed to celebrities now that it doesn't really matter. We see them in candid situations on gossip mags, websites, Twitter and all other social media. I get an ad everywhere I go for the next big blockbuster. Frankly, very few stars have real charisma either. But what can you do? It's relatively stable for the Big 3, but none of these shows will ever have an impact like the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and the field is incredibly diluted on top of that legacy.
And still, British talk shows manage to be funny and interesting.

• Locked thread