Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Well crap, your break wasn't even enough to make it through half the alpha protocol playlist! Truly, life is hell :argh:

Seriously though, this sounds promising and thanks for pointing out the mods. Unfair broke the Deus Ex LP curse a while ago, so i'm happy to see more people giving the game its due and causing dozens of readers to reinstall! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Every time this game shows up i always end up on Alexander Brandon's wikipedia page. Was about to say that more games need his soundtracks but apparently he was a composer for Dust:AET so he's still out there making good game tunes. :unsmith:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Dees is just the most precious thing and i'm glad he's so heavily referenced in this fantastic endeavor.

He's literally living in Deus Ex's world every waking moment. I'm sure he'd be a great co-commentator.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Probably similar to souls where every single player isn't really meant to find every little detail or path but then hear about all the weird poo poo they missed in conversations with friends and other players.

Going through the areas in an exhausting fashion is mostly unintuitive and takes a ton of effort. Just looking at how many items Bobbin can't pick up because he's full gives an indication that you're expected to do just fine without scavenging every nook and cranny. :)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
We all know Bobbin's video and edit script files are not only sentient but also actively hostile and try to escape/destroy themselves from his harddrive at every given opportunity.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

double nine posted:

I thought that that was just general IT behaviour?
Well yeah.

That's how we know.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
This thread has exceeded my prehensility

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

SpookyLizard posted:

You can kinda test it out for yourself. Plug your sink, and fill it with water, then put a glass in, open side down. Boom, science.
That's the rather obvious part i don't think he was asking about.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

it will simply compress into its container until the air pressure is equal to the water pressure.
Considering how deep the lab is supposed to be (~1 mile ~ 5280 feet ~ 160 atm?), this probably sounds more problematic. I mean there's no pressure gradient between the insides of your lungs and the outside so you might technically be able to breathe (as long as the gas mixture is correct), but i imagine there'd still be more or less severe side-effects compared to a "1 atm" pressurized lab.

Maybe a biologist/diver expert could explain why my assumptions are entirely wrong, that'd be interesting too!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

one of only...two? characters you HAVE to kill/knock out in order to progress
Just curious, who is the other one (if we encountered them already)?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

berryjon posted:

Anna Navarre.
Oh yeah, i thought there was a way to glitch past her but then i remembered that Bobbin cheated to get that crate.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Easy: Add a tiny 20 second science corner on how using MC Hammer references skews polls.

e: haha i guess i can lie after all, that'll teach me to post at 5 am local time
vvvvvvvvvvvv

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Oct 22, 2014

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Zeniel posted:

Richard Muller explains the physics behind the Roswell incident in a very entertaining and easy to understand way in this video lecture. It really makes the whole incident completely understandable and makes me wonder why this information isn't more widely known about.
Thanks for this, i know i had seen this before but the "they were disk microphones on a balloon, so they nicknamed them flying disks" line gets me every time.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
e: oops wrong tab.

Is HR worth replaying? Got it sitting in my backlog.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Samopsa posted:

Satan is actually a pretty swell guy;
I've also heard he is a FAN OF MAN! And a humanist. Maybe the last humanist.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I kinda disagree with some of Bobbin's more subjective philosophical rants of the lectures at the end but i respect his viewpoint and everything before is super interesting and fun to learn about.

CheeseThief posted:

I've always been in Tong's camp despite of, or perhaps even because of, how much internet/mass media I consume. I think Dark Age was a poor choice of words on Tong's behalf, it still makes what he intends sound much worse than it actually is. It's not the apocalypse where a few desperate survivors must rebuild humanity from the start, you're only losing the internet and everything handled online.
That's not exactly what a "Dark Age" - a silly term by the way - is or was in the past, it just marks a severe reduction in cultural/scientific development compared to what came before (including a less complex/structured type of goverment, which Tong argues is the problem). So he chose his words correctly, you just misunderstood him. And it's important to remember that he and JC are talking about a sci fi world where your car, water and power probably are tied to the internet, which is why JC's "back to the stone age" comment makes more sense - to him that's probably the 1990s.

I still think it's the worst of the endings but i was never a fan of "there's a flaw, destroy it all and let someone else rebuild it" solutions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Use a UC to make a thousand UCs, all problems solved. Still problems? Nanomachinesviruses. Check and Mate. :colbert:

There's only so much common sense you can - or should - bring to scifi (even "hard" ) before the hand-waving gets a bit embarrassing.

• Locked thread