Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is the stupidest OP I've read in a while. The current iteration of what SOE is planning to do is downright amazing from a value and choice perspective. Period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Better than being able to pick up any item valued at 1-2000SC per month instead of having to save up? Yeah, I'm not dealing with any 2000+ SC items so it doesn't bother me but those are generally reserved for account services like name changes, server transfers and whatnot.

Like I said, when you factor in Choice + Value it's a no brainer. Being forced to get something is not what I call a good thing for the consumer. There's a lot more that needs to be factored in, instead of looking at the face value 2000SC.

I can say with little doubt that the majority of people will see that the 500SC option + choice is of greater value to them. I doubt they are being the vocal minority here.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

G Prestige posted:

If the change went through, and it allowed you to purchase one item up to 2000SC, that inevitably gives SOE a bit of power when it comes to pricing, forcing certain items to be "just too expensive" to get. Items they know many people will want might be priced just above this limit, causing people to have to purchase more SC anyways.

Reverting back to the original system is much better for the customer in the long run.

That's pretty much it and I'm glad that someone at SOE realized that they were about to burn all of their earned goodwill on a stupid, stupid change for no other reason than some pencil pusher somewhere did some bad math about people "hoarding" SC.

• Locked thread