Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Alexander DeLarge posted:

So yeah, instead of getting 2000SC ($20) towards one item that you could purchase once a month, now we're back to 500SC ($5) that you can save every month with your Total Access subscription (benefits throughout all SOE games for $14.99 a month). So now, you have the privilege of being able to hoard your 500 SC for 4 months in order to get what we were being offered in the first place.

What do you guys think about that?

I would much rather be able to hoard 500SC a month because every time I've spent station cash, it's been in large amounts for stuff like big bags (2500), server transfer tokens (2500), and expansion purchases(a lot). I give zero shits about 99% of what's in the station store, and most stuff I do want to buy is limited time offers. I think I've gone like 8 months at a time in EQ not spending a single station cash dime, but with the 500SC a month deal, I racked up and am sitting on 9,000+ SC that's ready and waiting to spend on EQN: landmark. They should just let users choose to have one or the other month by month. If you don't redeem your 2000sc item, you get 500 points credit.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Serious question. After you get that 2500SC token, how would you feel knowing that you could get 2000SC per month instead of 500?

It's not though, it's being able to redeem one item per month that they've valuing at 2000 or less. So for someone who wants a 2500 character transfer token or big bag, they can never get it without paying 2500SC out of pocket. These are the kinds of items most people I know buy with their SC -the more expensive and practical stuff-, not the cosmetic sparklepony mounts or whatever.

You're hung up on the "2000SC a month value" when the reality is that "Any one item valued at under 2000SC a month" kind of bones people who would rather use their SC for the more useful SC purchases, most of which are over 2000SC and so would gain absolutely no benefit from this. Right now, most of the 'good' items I've bought have been 2500+. I would bet money that if SoE started giving out the 'Pick one 2000SC and under month' tokens, even more items would shift into that 2500 tier.

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread