Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda
I actually prefer the 500 SC a month. There have been plenty of months gone by where there really wasn't anything I cared about in the shop, and plenty of stuff I've picked up that was sub-500 SC. Under the initial new plan I'd basically be *losing* free SC a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flarestar
Dec 23, 2005
Diesel Powered Robot Panda

Sintor posted:

Which is why I would bet money that they would suddenly become 2100 SC or they do something like not allow you to combine standard SC with the "grant" SC.

I wouldn't.

The thing people don't realize about the subscription-based granted SC is that SOE doesn't really give a poo poo about it. Their revenue model for the majority of their games is only loosely based around the cash shop itself. It's primarily based around getting you to sub. And it works. It's why they push content out so rapidly for each of their games - they have a consistent, reliable revenue stream. It's the same reason they removed the ability to buy subscription time using Station Cash - a ton of people were waiting until double or triple SC sales, stocking up using WalMart cards for the bonus SC, and getting their sub at a huge discount. When your revenue model is primarily still based around a subscription, that's the last thing you want people doing.

• Locked thread