Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I hope the opening credits are still in 4:3 SD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
X-Cops is crazy good for a late season episode, man.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

Luke Wilson's character being all dashing and dreamy in Scully's version and a dimwitted backwater hick cop in Mulder's is the best.

It's double great because Mulder includes it as a vampire trait in his long list, and by the end of the episode you can tell he's realized it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
And Castle and CSI and every other crime procedural in existence.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
humbug is the best episode

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i loved it....not so different from any of the other season finales

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hedrigall posted:

Cool, pushing that to the back of my to-watch queue then

just fyi those guys are wrong and its brilliantly designed to make zero sense whether youve seen the original show or not

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

I don't remember that one - I didn't watch the whole thing so I must have checked out by then. What don't people like about it?

the whole plot is about stopping a couple of generic muslim suicide bombers. its tasteless and boring, more befitting to an episode of ncis

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
inusually just assume mulder is insanely wrong, like in Humbug

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Did I miss the explanation for how Spender unmelted his face or was it more “gently caress it who cares” hand waving.

i fixed it, im a character this season but that was my only purpose and the role has no screentime. i wont be mentioned or credited either

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

I finished season 7 in my rewatch and just started season 10. We finished "Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster" last night.

My fiancé loved that one, and after this rewatch I'm considering that one of the best episodes ever made. Possibly my favorite one just for how it's everything I want in an X-files episode: weird, funny, a little scary, and it makes you think.

I also totally missed a gag the first time I watched the episode. Mulder goes to meet Guy Mann at the cemetery after talking to Guy Mann's shrink. Guy breaks a bottle, trying to get Mulder to stab him in the appendix and kill him. He then tosses away that bottle and pulls out ANOTHER bottle, which he sets on the tombstone. After the story, Mulder pulls a bottle out of his own pocket. I missed that somehow, and just thought Guy had the bottles. So Mulder heard the shrink's bullshit "green glass lance" story and thought "Eh, maybe I should take it just to be safe." Freaking amazing.

thats my favorite episode for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

business hammocks posted:

So are they going to serialize the stand-alones like the early seasons of Fringe? There was no reason to make the corporation head the lady from last week other than to create continuity across episodes.

well her name was erika prince, an obvious reference to blackwater ceo and betsy devos brother erik prince. i think this episode was supposed to be extremely political (the opening said “accuse your enemies of that of which you are guilty” instead of “the truth is out there” or “trust no one,” plus it had a bunch of references to trump.) most probably she was invented for this episode and inserted into mein kampf III, instead of the other way around

• Locked thread