Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You gotta watch X-Cops in season 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I skipped to the finale and was totally into it...and then it became something else for an hour. Something....horrible.

And then it got schlocky, and I realize I watched that episode live when I was a kid. Super weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's all gonna be in HD! :swoon:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Tala posted:

Really happy about this tweet earlier, look who's going to appear in one of the episodes!.

This feels like victory. Holy poo poo. I'm so loving happy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jose posted:

I just started season 7. What do people mean by X-cops? Its just Mulder solving odd crimes in his witness protection type place?

Not asking for a spoiler but I'm undecided as to whether I want Krycek to get away with it or get shot in the face

X-Cops is the most unique single episode of the X-Files. It's not what you always wanted, but it's what you always needed.

Go against the thesis of the show and trust me. :v:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jack Gladney posted:

There's nothing more 90s sci-fi than those weird injection guns. I hope Mulder solves the mystery of why that loving horn blast is in every goddamn trailer now. I hope he finds the people responsible and burns them alive.

People like it. Simple as that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZutDTbGbazs
Also, Never Again is a good episode I skipped. Scully is the best.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe it's because of my affinity for the X-Files movie ( I watched that all the time, more so than the series), but I really love the series 6 premier episode with the Alien running around the power station. Mostly because, being unaware of The X-Files story arc, I assumed the movie was a stand alone thing. And I took it as such. So I was pretty surprised when the black oil stuff started popping up, and then the Alien from the movie popped out of a guy's body. That was great.

Weird huh?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That is quite stupid. I guess I zoned out and got hyped about the Alien.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was like a weird hour long YouTube Conspiracy rant that had a budget to shoot the side scenes like a car commercial.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Anyone saying this was awful clearly never watched a lot of the Doggett and Reyes years.

I skipped every bit of it. I have zero interest in an X-Files show without Mulder and Scully.

So this was pretty iffy to me. It wasn't the worst though, but it was just too stupid to exist. I'd rather have Alien Bounty Hunters stabbing each other in the back of the neck with metal pens than this illuminati poo poo.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

also, I thought that humans doing this poo poo was pretty much known to all the characters? Didn't Scully reveal it was people doing the abductions? Or I am i just misremembering?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Okay cool. That's what I thought. Which is fine, I like the idea. I just didn't think it was a big revelation in the series at this point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But we've seen The Syndicate talk about Aliens colonizing planets. We've seen gigantic Alien ships filled with human beings with Aliens inside of them.

And of course, we've seen warring Alien races lighting each other on fire.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

piratepilates posted:

That was part of the conspiracy against the user. They don't want us to know the truth

CSM is a devious bastard. He knows he's in a TV Show.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ramadu posted:

So why is it only 6 episodes anyway

Cheaper and the actors have zero interest in doing 23 episodes a year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yey X Files is good now!

Also, as someone who completely skipped every episode after some of Season 7, I didn't mind the William stuff. I thought it was quite sweet. But that might have been the direction. Which was very nice.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Regardless of the real dude, Tooms is a great episode and character. If he creeps you out that much, then The X-Files probably isn't for you.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I loved the episode where they burned the entire Syndicate in one swoop. That was great. I was like "Oh gently caress, how are they going to get around this!"

They made the show dumb, is what they did. Oh well.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I had that toy too. Mulder would fight aliens and predators.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Austrian mook posted:

X Files is possibly the best show ever when its firing on all cylinders. Hopefully we get an episode like that tonight.

Next Monday, actually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

SalTheBard posted:

Is this new season self contained or would I need to watch all the other seasons to understand whats going on?

You should watch the show, yes. I mean you can watch this, but it's going to be weird as hell for you.

Also, I heard that Episode 2 was supposed to be Episode 5, hence why it seems rushed after Episode 1.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How can anyone hate this episode. It was great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean if this does well, they will do more.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Rocksicles posted:

Agreed. It's bloody horrible.

it's actually really good. Sorry you hate good things.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Darin Morgan, you awesome mother fucker.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Agreed, and also, what is shipping?

Creepy people wanting the characters/actors to gently caress.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Because Fox is a cheap, and uses cheap cameras and makes all their shows look glossy and fake.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Not all. But the ones of Fox sure do.

Other networks tend to allow the filmmakers to let their shows have a distinct style.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Weird they let an 16 year old 'deep' thinking high school student write a script for the X-Files.

I also love how despite Mulder and Scully stating how racist everyone is, we get what...one sympathetic Muslim character? Weird.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No it really wasn't.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mortanis posted:

I get hate. It just baffles me when people crank that up to 11 with some need to out do everyone else. It's not just "hate", it's a vitriolic, aggressive making GBS threads. Things can't just be "bad", they have to be the worst thing ever and it hosed your childhood dog and then shot it in front of you. I totally get seriously disliking something but the responses go far, far beyond that.
It's extremely offensive and fuels the already seething hatred of muslims. There is very little in this episode that makes a case that "Most Muslims aren't suicide bomber terrorists."

It was a very dumb thing to do. Especially today.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

But then proves them right because every Muslim in the episode is an evil suicide bombing terrorist. (except for the Mom, I guess...)

If you took out the line "He didn't blow up his vest" then the entire narrative is changed. One little tiny throw away line. One I didn't even hear until I came to this thread.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, when I get slapped in the face, it's hard for me to get over that. Even if the person who slapped me is doing a silly dance.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jack Gladney posted:

X-Files has such a long history of doing offensive poo poo with other cultures, though, like stupidly gross ugly poo poo. But you know it's because they're so loving tone-deaf that they have no idea what they're doing and you kind of expect it and there's no real malice. It's like seeing that your kid has drawn all over the wall with a crayon.

Chris Carter is almost 60 goddamn years old. He can't be that stupid.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Astroman posted:

I know. In this day and age, it's extremely unlikely that a suicide bomber would ever be Muslim. Just ask all the people who have encountered suicide bombers over the past year, especially in the Middle East and Asia.

Hey yeah. And also, it's really cool and good to make people racist and fearful towards a race because of something a minority does elsewhere.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

LoG posted:

As a super casual watcher of X-Files in the 90's, I've loved all of these new episodes a lot. They have all been great to me and are better than a lot of other shows out right now. I think some of you are taking it way too seriously.

I think you're taking it way too casually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

computer parts posted:

Btw, people who were weirded out about the video montage in the first episode - the first episode of Season 5 had the exact same sort of thing.

Okay? That doesn't make the s10 montage good.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's not the montage that's weird. It's the content. It feels less X-Filesy fun conspiracy stuff, and more legit mentally ill youtuber conspiracy stuff. Which is bad and not fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

We got one good episode out of this.

I really don't give a gently caress what happens next. Christ. Chris Carter is bonkers. In the least endearing way.

• Locked thread