Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Sorry people don't like your favorite internet personalities.

my favorite internet personality was ryan davis and he was as divisive in past giant bomb threads as dan is now

these threads are incapable of positivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sankis posted:

Why does Dan keep insiting Revengeance isn't canon? I thought Kojima created the story and script.

Hideo Kojima's name in the final product is neither there as designer or writer, and it got handed off to PlatinumGames, so I can see how one would demarcate it.

By the end of the run Dan says "This is more Metal Gear than Metal Gear", though

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Sankis posted:

Why does Dan keep insiting Revengeance isn't canon? I thought Kojima created the story and script.

I think the most involvement Kojima had was signing off on whatever concepts Platinum came up with and editing the release trailer. Platinum, and especially 8-4's localization just did a fantastic job of capturing the Metal Gear spirit.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

RLM are guys who themselves make lovely schlock and then bitch whenever anyone in Hollywood does it on a grander level. They reek of your standard jealous bullshit that a ton of small time film makers are covered in.

These posts are borderline experemental

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
MGR's canon status is moot since Kojipro will never make a game set after 4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"I don't think photons are real." -- Dan Ryckert

So if Dan doesn't understand things, they aren't real

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

How can photons be real if our eyes arent real

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Drew is going to play Elite: Dangerous tomorrow with Matt Rorie. I will always 'ship Drew and Dan but Rorie is a great fit for those XXXX games.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Kasonic posted:

This would not be surprising. I don't know if Mary's ever actually acknowledged the realities of being a Pretty Girl in games but jesus christ is every comments section for her content a complete nightmare, it's probably real tempting to stop being so public.

She needs to join GB using an alias and a gimmick like Dan's fiance or Wilson from Home Improvement, where only hands or feet are in view. Her sense of humor can stand on its own.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Seriously, the resurgence of OldDan in this whole "I didn't see the point in algebra so I started flunking my classes :smug: "

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vince MechMahon posted:

RLM are guys who themselves make lovely schlock and then bitch whenever anyone in Hollywood does it on a grander level. They reek of your standard jealous bullshit that a ton of small time film makers are covered in.

the worst thing they ever did was try and make a movie themselves.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

I didn't think we could surpass bazinga.zone but here we are

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Mu Zeta posted:

Drew is going to play Elite: Dangerous tomorrow with Matt Rorie. I will always 'ship Drew and Dan but Rorie is a great fit for those XXXX games.

I wonder if he'll consider the possibility of being stream sniped and will play in solo or if he'll just go open and not care

Elite Dangerous is so good.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Sankis posted:

I wonder if he'll consider the possibility of being stream sniped and will play in solo or if he'll just go open and not care

Elite Dangerous is so good.

I was taking an exploration crew to someplace near the center of the galaxy when my family cat got sick and then died. I haven't been back cause it's a lot of jumps back to home. And it reminds me of sad times.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Cubey posted:

everyone in the giant bomb thread hates everything on the internet that isn't giant bomb (and also hates giant bomb)

news at 11

I like quite a few things on the internet that aren't Giant Bomb. But their viewers skew older than what most other internet things are targeted at so it's no surprise. RLM is also very much in that older demographic, but they're bad.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Danielle mentioned liking Jonathan Papelbon on the waypoint stream today, and as a result I would like to announce I'm now a gamer gate guy.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

In Dan's defense, Star Trek did invent a whole lot of completely fake types of radiation.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Chexoid posted:

Danielle mentioned liking Jonathan Papelbon on the waypoint stream today, and as a result I would like to announce I'm now a gamer gate guy.

Gross

Liking Jonathan Papelbon, I mean

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Didn't 8-4 End up causing essentially causing script changes to the Japanese version of the script because their localization was so good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The armstrong speech specifically

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Does anyone by chance remember what video it was where either Patrick or Brad got goaded into attacking a shopkeeper in Spelunky? Struggling to remember.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

I love to read opinions that are both arrogant and completely missing the point (or in this case, tone) of the thing they're criticizing. The prequel/Trek reviews were great, and HitB is good. So is GB.

Nobody needs your dickish post, but here we are.

e: but I love your username, to end on a positive note.

dreffen posted:

Does anyone by chance remember what video it was where either Patrick or Brad got goaded into attacking a shopkeeper in Spelunky? Struggling to remember.

Try QL Crew's search function. Should narrow it down, and they might have that moment saved.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

dreffen posted:

Is this it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJlPun8LQss&t=1820s

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheBigAristotle posted:

I love to read opinions that are both arrogant and completely missing the point (or in this case, tone) of the thing they're criticizing. The prequel/Trek reviews were great, and HitB is good. So is GB.

The Star Wars reviews were good, but even they were basically first year film school stuff. Not that they were wrong, but the reason they were as big as they were wasn't the real content of them, it was that they put them together in a long form way that tied it all together, which hadn't been done before. HitB is just loving awful, though.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The only things I really haven't liked from RLM are the TFA plinkett video and all their videos on Rogue One (although the one were they parody nerd podcasts was pretty funny I thought).

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Try QL Crew's search function. Should narrow it down, and they might have that moment saved.

Yeah originally went that route but couldn't find anything that I recognized.

That's it! drat I thought it was a Happy Hour or something originally. I ruled out the quicklook after scrubbing through it and not seeing anything that jumped out at me.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Huh. There's a Yakuza 0 quick look scheduled for tomorrow. I wonder if this is Alex and Dan or if west is just repurposing the UPF stuff again.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Sankis posted:

Huh. There's a Yakuza 0 quick look scheduled for tomorrow. I wonder if this is Alex and Dan or if west is just repurposing the UPF stuff again.

I didn't pay a subscription fee to get content that any freeloader can get :mad:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 19, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That boss in the latest This is the Run is some real poo poo. I am glad I never played this game as a child, I may have given up on video games if that were the case

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Maaaaan. Watch dogs 2 is just a collection of the least likable characters ever made in a game ever. Holy crap every one of these losers would be a joke mission in another ubisoft game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

randombattle posted:

Maaaaan. Watch dogs 2 is just a collection of the least likable characters ever made in a game ever. Holy crap every one of these losers would be a joke mission in another ubisoft game.

Counterpoint: Watch Dogs 1

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

randombattle posted:

I haven't played it but WD2 has actually gotten quite a bit of praise for its characters. Of course that's partially in contrast to WD1.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Counterpoint: Watch Dogs 1

The characters in watch dogs 1 were more likable. I yearn for Aiden "Total rear end in a top hat" Pierce and his iconic cap.

At least bland awfulness was less grating than pretentious hipster.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I liked the characters in Watch Dogs 2

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The characters in Watch_Dogs 2 are all actually really good. And not a single one of them is a hipster.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well they sure aren't putting their best foot forward.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

The characters in Watch_Dogs 2 are all actually really good. And not a single one of them is a hipster.

Hipster changed a long time ago to "trendy young person that I don't like".

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I literally liked them from the first cut scene, where it's them all just hanging out, getting drunk on a beach, and Marcus drunkenly throws his phone into the ocean. They're charming right out of the gate. I'm actually amazed at how well they handled having an autistic dude as a main character with Josh.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The guy with autism in WD2 was somehow the least insufferable character in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

randombattle posted:

The characters in watch dogs 1 were more likable. I yearn for Aiden "Total rear end in a top hat" Pierce and his iconic cap.

At least bland awfulness was less grating than pretentious hipster.

pierce wasn't just bland. he was actively monstrous while everything in the narrative screamed NO REALLY THIS GUY IS A HERO

bland would have been an improvement

• Locked thread