Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder what percentage of Vinny/Dan Quick Looks will be dominated by Vinny Explaining Things People Learn in School

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

The first Underworld actually owned a lot.

I just watched Hitsmas finally and Jeff's "Have you guys ever played this before?" line was real good. Vinny is the most entertaining, followed by Jeff who seems to at least understand mechanics and UI elements even though he is not as familiar with the gameplay and map.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The last time I was in a movie theater they played the trailers for Underworld and Resident Evil back-to-back and I had the same exact reaction as the Beastcast did, I had no idea those were still things

Now dig on this: Every Resident Evil movie has been more successful and made more money than the previous one. They are INSANELY popular.

E: The 5th one actually broke that trend, it would appear. But still made $240 million, making it the second highest grossing of them after the 4th one. When the fifth one hits the series as a whole will have undoubtedly made over a billion dollars.

Randallteal posted:

Underworld (the first one. I haven't seen the others) sucked so bad. You make a movie about vampires fighting werewolves and then every action scene is just them shooting at each other with handguns. Also, why does the lycan dude have foldable steel claws hidden in his sleeves? He's a gosh darned werewolf.

They get better on this front. For instance, did I mention that in the fourth one a little girl eats a werewolf's face?

Vince MechMahon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 18, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

All I know about Resident Evil is that the first game is zombies in a house and the second game is zombies in a city. When I see movie trailers for something that looks like Mad Max with CG army battles, I am actually curious how they got from point A to point B

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
Boy, that final moment in the latest Contra run.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

This just popped up on the unofficial Giant Bomb History twitter, holy poo poo I had no idea Anime Vice ever did videos or even had people running it.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Yeah of course, they just re-branded to Waypoint.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

All I know about Resident Evil is that the first game is zombies in a house and the second game is zombies in a city. When I see movie trailers for something that looks like Mad Max with CG army battles, I am actually curious how they got from point A to point B

At some point they stopped trying to follow the game's story and just became the director's fanfics about his wife (more so than before).

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Rhonne posted:

At some point they stopped trying to follow the game's story and just became the director's fanfics about his wife (more so than before).
They never really followed the game's story. The first one was about a secret lab under a house but it wasn't like the game at all. The second one was the closest and actually had characters from the games but they went way off the rails by the third film. Like, when the third starts, you're like when the poo poo did the world get covered in sand? What is going on?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't think there's ever zombies in the house in the first movie, they go into the secret lab pretty much right away and most of the movie is set down there. Like I said only the second one is like the games, it's always been an excuse for Milla Jovovich to be a badass on camera.

Edit: I think the games were only up to CODE: Veronica when the first two movies were out? So after doing the second film which was RE2 and 3 combined they didn't have a huge amount of source material to work with so just decided to make Mad Max movies instead.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 18, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Akuma posted:

They never really followed the game's story. The first one was about a secret lab under a house but it wasn't like the game at all. The second one was the closest and actually had characters from the games but they went way off the rails by the third film. Like, when the third starts, you're like when the poo poo did the world get covered in sand? What is going on?

Nah they're just in Arizona and Nevada in the third one. It also has Claire Redfield in it. Then the fourth had Chris. And the fifth brought back Jill in RE5 form, and also introduced Leon, Ada, and Barry.

I feel like Paul WS Anderson has played and likes the games, but also would rather do his own thing with the movies. Side note, he didn't direct 2 or 3.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The third movie also ended with Alice gaining psychic powers and a clone army, both of which were immediately disposed of at the beginning of the next one.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So Austin Walker is entering a World of Assassination.
https://twitter.com/waypoint/status/821817046572924928

Edit: I think I just saw the first actual successful coin breadcrumbing

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 18, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhonne posted:

The third movie also ended with Alice gaining psychic powers and a clone army, both of which were immediately disposed of at the beginning of the next one.

She got the powers back at the end of five, though! Wesker did the exact same "move really back and inject her in the neck" thing to do it, too. Also she had the psychic powers all the way through 3, she got them at the end of 2.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

She got the powers back at the end of five, though! Wesker did the exact same "move really back and inject her in the neck" thing to do it, too. Also she had the psychic powers all the way through 3, she got them at the end of 2.

Didn't they kill Wesker in the 4th movie? Did they ever explain how he came back?

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
If you ignore the Resident Evil tie in, they're actually fun dumb movies.

I mean look at this poo poo. They land a plane on a building using a cable. It's so amazingly stupid.

https://youtu.be/a3ydZ3qAuAg

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Austin quickly climbing up the Hitman Tier Rankings
https://clips.twitch.tv/waypoint/DrabBadgerJebaited

"It's easier to gently caress up with a knife but it can do more damage. A bat is easier to dodge, though." -- Danielle Riendeau

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 18, 2017

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How many movies did that laser hallway show up in? They were so drat proud of that scene.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Rhonne posted:

How many movies did that laser hallway show up in? They were so drat proud of that scene.

2 i believe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"AUSTIN!" done in a "VINNY!" voice
https://clips.twitch.tv/waypoint/ClumsyFrogKappaPride

Edit: "People want me to fight Dan Ryckert. I guess, he's not that much bigger than me"
Also Austin stabbed a target with a saber while a lady was standing a foot away without getting detected, he's too good

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 18, 2017

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Austin with standards.

"Is cheesecake a cake or a pie?"
"Get the gently caress out of my chat"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I don't remember that scene from The Exorcist.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Austin killing folks at the same time he dunks on physical determinism

Edit: http://new.donk.city

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 18, 2017

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhonne posted:

Didn't they kill Wesker in the 4th movie? Did they ever explain how he came back?

You can see him parachuting out of the helicopter on four when it gets blown up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Stairs are the runkiller

E: Holy poo poo that was some clutch recovery on that last escalation run. Stuck in a bathroom being arrested by the target while unable to kill or pacify the guy without failing and turns it around.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jan 19, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Rhonne posted:

No. And I mean like, actually no.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

CJacobs posted:

No. And I mean like, actually no.

They explain in 4 he's basically invulnerable cause he's, like Alice, merged with the T virus. His helicopter explodes but you see a parachute.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
This all you need to know about the quality of RE Afterlife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

This all you need to know about the quality of RE Afterlife
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

No one ever needs anything involving red letter media.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

No one ever needs anything involving red letter media.
Could be worse I could link some CD poster's magnum opus on how the RE is actually this really deep and important piece of art about capitalism

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That was a good stream.
https://clips.twitch.tv/waypoint/BetterTroutBibleThump

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Could be worse I could link some CD poster's magnum opus on how the RE is actually this really deep and important piece of art about capitalism

Thank you for not saying the name. The name gives him power.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That Rich guy is insufferable. I think it's because he's the prototypical goon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rich Evans owns, actually. I hope he's GB's new hire.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

That Rich guy is insufferable. I think it's because he's the prototypical goon.
I mean the reason most people like him is because of his laugh, which I do think is infectious, but good god his movie and video game opinions are garbage, Jack is more tolerable, but those two act like such old men for their video game review show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

RLM are guys who themselves make lovely schlock and then bitch whenever anyone in Hollywood does it on a grander level. They reek of your standard jealous bullshit that a ton of small time film makers are covered in.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

RLM are guys who themselves make lovely schlock and then bitch whenever anyone in Hollywood does it on a grander level. They reek of your standard jealous bullshit that a ton of small time film makers are covered in.
I do like their Re:view show since its more of a chill show talking about good movies that I might not have heard about before like True Stories.

BOTW is still good mostly because they are just watching complete schlock

HITB and Plinkett are just miserable at this point

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Why does Dan keep insiting Revengeance isn't canon? I thought Kojima created the story and script.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

everyone in the giant bomb thread hates everything on the internet that isn't giant bomb (and also hates giant bomb)

news at 11

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cubey posted:

everyone in the giant bomb thread hates everything on the internet that isn't giant bomb (and also hates giant bomb)

news at 11

Sorry people don't like your favorite internet personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sankis posted:

Why does Dan keep insiting Revengeance isn't canon? I thought Kojima created the story and script.

He likes the game quite a bit by the end

• Locked thread