Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Jensen FF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cat Terrist posted:

Define Classic.
Production started before you got your licence, or minimum 20 years. I find that if you ask people what the newest car they'd consider a classic is, it tends to float around those two maxims.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tommychu posted:

That's overly relative though, since for me it would make my Pontiac Vibe (newest car I've ever owned) a classic. I got my license in '06.
That was kind of my point, it is relative. My dad is 65, and so to him seventies-onwards stuff is often just "old" rather than classic. Then you have the dull-as-ditchwater crap that, while it seems weird to call them classic, get to the point where you hardly ever see one anymore, and so a really clean one almost earns its stripes simply by not being dead yet.

I wouldn't call a mk1 Ford Mondeo "classic" per se, but a completely mint 4x4 one? Yeah, that's interesting.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Samu posted:

Second choice would be an original mini but I think I'm a bit tall for that.
You'd be surprised. You sit quite bow-legged in them. Getting out's a bit of a bugger though.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Slavvy posted:

Incorrect. You don't want an E34 M5, you wan't an E34 540i with a six speed manual, bilsteins, H&R's and every single bush and mounting replaced with nolathane.

I have a friend with that exact car and it is magical and easily blitzes factory e34 m5's.
You seem to be having trouble spelling "Lotus Carlton".

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

bald and fail II posted:

God knows how much a decent rs1800 costs now.
More. Whatever you're thinking, plus more.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Slavvy posted:

This. Despite being a bit of a dog mechanically, the styling is phenomenal and it's kind of a curse that it will forever be "THE CAR FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE OH MAH GAWD!!" instead of one of the design triumphs of an era.

KozmoNaut posted:

I love the direction Matt Farah is going with his. No stupid BTTF crap, just a nice clean DeLorean with the suspension sorted, engine nicely tuned and everything done the way the car should have come from the factory.
Yeah, I'd love one, and would happily leave the exterior completely standard, but properly tear into everything that underpins it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

David Corbett posted:

Simple answer: something that utterly revolutionised the car business, or at least a certain segment of it:

A 1990 Lexus LS400.

I would want to do obnoxious burnouts in front of the Mercedes dealer, but I think the sheer class of it would keep Mr under control.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjAptBxe2Y&t=27s

• Locked thread