Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I can never answer these questions. Every time I try and digure out what my "dream car" would be, I end up with automotive ADD and can't decide. One week I want a Grand National, then a 63 riviera, but that reminds me of the 63 corvette, and after a while I somehow end up comparing an NSX with a Willys Jeepster.

My current choice would be an AMC AMX, preferably in big bad green. Something like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
There were Javelins, AMXs, and AMX Javelins. The 68-70 AMX was a shortened Javelin (chopped some length out of the middle to make it a 2 seater), and in the second generation the AMX was something like a performance trim line for the Javelin. The line between them was always kind of blurry.

I actually have a 71 (or maybe 72, can't remember) AMX Javelin in my garage at the moment, plus a mountain of parts. My brother bought it after coming back from Afghanistan, then got stationed in Alaska so he couldn't finish working on it. Every time I see it I'm surprised how big it really is.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Raluek posted:

Is that the black one I've seen on here before? I knew we had one hiding around here somewhere.

No, mine's an ugly primer color, and desperately needs paint. If/when I have the time, money and the blessing to work on it for my brother I might post some pictures, but right now it isn't very photogenic.

• Locked thread