Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blk
Dec 19, 2009
This might be the hardest hypothetical car question I've asked myself, and I'm interested in the forum's tastes. I'll let you define classic as you see fit, just remember to take into account the degrees of reliability, safety, economy, etc that you're comfortable with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Can't repeat the 2002, 3.0 CS, M1 or Pantera, and I would never be able to afford a 300SL, so:

Surprised nobody's chosen a DS yet.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

echoplex posted:

Obvious answer:

Relatively reliable, relatively civilised, obtainable parts etc.

Current preference answer:

One slow, one fast.

Those were all my runners up. We have similar tastes. Do you own a Delorean?

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I love Deloreans, like BTTF, hate the Delorean BTTF connection. I love the car for its styling, gullwing doors and identity as an American automotive startup (a la Tucker or Tesla), even if it is an absolute turd to drive. I've often considered saving for one but am put off by the inevitable BTTF comments I'd get at every turn from every observer. If I got people coming up to me wanting to talk about Giugiaro, I'd feel a lot different.

• Locked thread