Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

blk posted:

This might be the hardest hypothetical car question I've asked myself, and I'm interested in the forum's tastes. I'll let you define classic as you see fit, just remember to take into account the degrees of reliability, safety, economy, etc that you're comfortable with.

I only drive classics, or at least old cars, depending on your definition. For me it's about a reliable small block, comfortable seats and a halfway decent radio with some good tunes. Velour seats, hood ornaments and ashtrays a plus.

[edit] Re-read OP, removed useless info
My credentials:

Current DD: 1977 Mercury Cougar

Other DD's:

1963 Chevy Impala (and my buddy DD's the 1970 Camaro SS)

1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegeance

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

I would need cameras at every corner because there's no way I wouldn't smash into everything.

'MURICAH: THE CAR

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

The fun part of DD'ing a classic?

More specifically, the first fuel up I averaged 6.6 MPG, and the second I got 10.4.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Leroy Diplowski posted:

volvo 240. Every day.

I like how they only attacked Ford...

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

eh, firebirds don't count as cars... where's th velour seats?

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czYUZOlclSo

Take that, Volvo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

kastein posted:

I figured maybe an OTR heavy truck had broken that record, and one has. There's a 3+ million mile tractor trailer out there too. It's also a Volvo.

SONOFABITCH!

• Locked thread