Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
As much as I want to call my '86 Celica GT-S a classic, I know it will probably never get that recognition.

I miss driving my FB RX-7 though, and those are definitely a classic Japanese sports car that I would love to DD again. Someday...

True classic 'Murrica though? gently caress, give me a '71 Plymouth Roadrunner and I could die smiling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kill-9 posted:

61 Thunderbird which I think qualifies as classic also.

My newest car is 24 years old.

Holy poo poo, was there ever a thread on this and do you have a link?

Also, I just realized that even my newest car (that I own personally, anyway) is 18 years old. It's just a 1996, when did that become so long ago?

E: Holy shitsnacks that means the Celica is almost 30 (bought it just after it turned 21). gently caress. gently caress.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 13, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Kill-9 posted:

I never did a thread on it. I picked it up a couple years ago pretty cheaply after it had been sitting in a garage for 20 years. Got her running smoothly, fixed the electrics(no lights, non-working top, no horn, etc) and started driving. There's a lot more to be done but it's a really good 20 footer at this point.

The engine is getting very long in the tooth and I'm getting a lot of blow-by so I'll have to be tearing it down some time soon. There's a bit of rust around the trunk area that'll need to get addressed in the next few years. Also, the interior is shot to hell from a really bad 'restoration' from before it was put in storage. Once I really start taking it apart it'll be time for a thread.

There's more pics of it here if you're interested. http://imgur.com/a/aEcTd

Wow, I can't wait for the thread, it looks really good already. I love the poo poo out of the color combination, that color purple has always been one of my favorites on pretty much any car, but the chrome and white interior really do it justice.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Octopus Magic posted:

1959 Ferrari California 250 GT (with US bumpers just in case of some parallel parking issues). Easy to work on, parts might be hard to get, but if you already own one, you can just get a machine shop to make it. Drive it everywhere, in the rain, in the snow, give people heart attacks.

Ohh, Yeah

Chick

Chick-a-Chick-a

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

VideoTapir posted:

My first car was a 77 four-door.

In that generation, the sedan looked better than the coupe, because the coupe was awkward as gently caress.

See I've always loved the Disco Nova coupes but dislike the sedans. I'd DD the hell out of a coupe with a nice 5 speed behind anything but the stock engine.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Checkmate :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Fayez Butts posted:

I will have a Citroen DS sometime in my life

Those are beautiful, always have been one of my favorite cars.

I do like the SM that replaced it better though...

• Locked thread