Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Count me in the "daily drove my classic" crowd. My '70 GMC was my first car, and I put roughly 50,000 miles on it over the five years or so it filled that role.

The thing that worries me most about DDing a classic, though, is insurance / wrecks / theft. Insurance that will let you use it as a daily driver tends to also be insurance that sees "old car = worthless car". Hagery and the like will properly protect your vehicle, but at the expense of no longer allowing it to be your daily driver.

I'd rather be able to drive my truck less, than not at all because someone stole it, so I've gone the Hagerty route with more modern daily drivers, starting with when I blew up the 700R4; the GMC hasn't been a daily by any stretch since the LS1 got swapped in, even though it's probably better suited to it now than ever before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread