Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
It's only been in the last 7 months that I've owned a car from the current decade.

I've driven classics daily for my entire driving career. And I've seen just about every one of my cars in this thread so far.

1969 Nova: My first car, back when I started driving, it was a cheap muscle car, everyone wanted a chevelle or other more muscly car, as stated already, you can basically open a catalog and build a new one. Sadly, this was really not the case back when I had it. I've always said that by the late 50s, they pretty much had it figured out fast cars that can keep up with modern speeds and still be viable, drivable vehicles.

All three of these cars have been daily drivers for my friends and I.

My 1958 Cadillac is just that, I drove it daily for a few years, I loved it, but after a while it became a car, and the "HEY DUDE NICE CAR" or "HEY LOOK ITS EVLIS" or "IS THAT A (insert incorrect year and make)?!" gets old.

I'd love to say that cars from the 40s are daily drivers, but they are not.. If you have a lot of patience, you like going slow and you have time to account for issues, and are of sound body (manual brakes and steering can tire you out) they are the perfect weekend or knock around cars, but in a day to day commute, you will want to tear your hair out.

If you want a car that can be daily, pretty much anything from the late 50s to early 60s onwards will be your perfect bet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread