Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
I daily drive a Classic. A 1991 Range Rover Classic.

Here it is towing the 90 before I sold it last year.

Ok, when it's running I daily drive it. Otherwise it's the '61 Thunderbird which I think qualifies as classic also.

My newest car is 24 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

Holy poo poo, was there ever a thread on this and do you have a link?

I never did a thread on it. I picked it up a couple years ago pretty cheaply after it had been sitting in a garage for 20 years. Got her running smoothly, fixed the electrics(no lights, non-working top, no horn, etc) and started driving. There's a lot more to be done but it's a really good 20 footer at this point.

The engine is getting very long in the tooth and I'm getting a lot of blow-by so I'll have to be tearing it down some time soon. There's a bit of rust around the trunk area that'll need to get addressed in the next few years. Also, the interior is shot to hell from a really bad 'restoration' from before it was put in storage. Once I really start taking it apart it'll be time for a thread.

There's more pics of it here if you're interested. http://imgur.com/a/aEcTd

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

th vwls hv scpd posted:

20 footer or not, that is loving gorgeous. I would love to drive something like that to work every day. To hell with gas mileage. I just, unfh.

I generally drive it to work once or so a week. It never fails to get thumbs up and quick beeps from horns. You can't be shy rolling in a polished up, chromed out classic. Lots of stories from people while sitting at lights about how their uncle had one when they were growing up and how many good times they had in it.

Gas mileage is sub 10MPG, maybe 8MPG. I don't really pay attention. I fill it up every 6-8 weeks and enjoy it for what it is. I know it needs some substantial work but the people smiling as we drive by don't know that. I'm my car's harshest critic.

• Locked thread