Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

I think he's just selling well. This wasn't long into Austin using the move, so putting it over like death is a good idea.

He's also picking him up from an already-downed position, so he shouldn't be flopping around the way dudes take it now when he comes as more of a surprise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Can I get a gif of Triple H trying to escape from the timekeeper's area? Bryan knocked him over the wall, then went around to get him - and Triple H kind of hilariously popped up from behind the wall and scrambled to climb over it. It ruled.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orgophlax posted:

That clothesline isn't Harper's fault. Rowan pushed JBL directly at Harper, instead of straight and more to Harper's side. Harper couldn't move over to compensate because the table was right there. So once again, Rowan is terrible.

EDIT: Although watching it a few more times, Harper does step into it a bit too far, so whatever.

I think you're looking too much into this. He hit a safer clothesline on a non-wrestler. That's all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Breeze landing on his shoulder almost looks like it could be part of the move, so that one doesn't scream super botch to me. It looks like he means to catch him on his shoulder then bring him into a powerbomb.

Also, I don't know that you can call Breeze smacking his head on the ramp a botch. It's a bad bump, but I think that's about it. Guys hit their heads all the time; that's just a nasty fall, not a botch in my opinion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jerusalem posted:

It was kind of funny watching the difference between Flair and Hart in that match. Bret was actually reacting a fair bit but he was doing it subtly, wincing or nodding or turning to look at the crowd with little,"Didya see that?" gestures. But because Flair was being really emotive and going over the top with his gestures, Bret actually kind of looks bored and uninterested by comparison.

Bret also seemed to react physically to Flair himself more than the match. I think he was getting a kick out of watching Flair lose his mind.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm realizing now that Seth's new ring gear reminds me of Zeus.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

IcePhoenix posted:

I keep seeing a face screaming in agony coming out the side of her head when she lands and it's creepy as gently caress.

Well, thanks for the loving nightmares.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think it's specifically from the Dreamcast version where you could have like, 8 people in the ring at once? I think that's the most you've ever been able to do.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I can't unsee Jack Nicholson in Ambrose's face now for some reason.

I can't unsee a greasy John Ritter.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Did they actually cut to a wider shot for this, or is it just the gif making it look that way?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Daniel Bryan posted:

Lucha Underground Episode 4

Is this a lumberjack luchador?!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EyeRChris posted:

Jesus Christ. I've watched that loop over and over and still have no clue how that is safe to perform.

Well the knees hit the shoulders so there's never any contact with the face or head. Still looks like no picnic, but at least it's not knees directly to the nose/face/head.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

oatgan posted:

to me it looks like zigs would have taken a bad spill into the front of the table but basically everybody hosed up everything there in that awful battle royal. On the plus side I can't remember a meaningless battle royal to determine #1 contender for the WWE Championship since then so at least something positive came from it.

remember when The Miz watched R-Truth die

Some men just want to watch The Truth die.

That's a pretty glaring fuckup on Miz's part. How do you miss someone so badly? Jeez.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone have a gif of that time Ric Flair (I think, maybe it was Foley) was holding a book and a mic in his hands, threw the mic on the ground accidentally and then tried speaking into the book?

It's one of my favorite wrestling moments ever.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've always wondered whether or not the tables were actually meant to break for the RKO. I feel like that's a move where, when delivered on an unmoving/ungiving surface, it kind of appears to have more impact. If there's no give then your head and neck are just jamming into a thing rather than following through and having some give.

Maybe it's always been meant to not break the table, but just smash a dude's face straight into it with no give whatsoever? Just seems like an awful lot of times for a table to not break especially when said table is basically held together by tape.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flashy_mcflash posted:

Impact moves on a table are always meant to break the table, or they'd use the floor or the ring or maybe the steps depending on the spot. I think the table breaking or not depends on hitting it relatively dead-centre and not on the edge. I noticed that Randy took extra care in centering himself and Rollins in that spot.

I would much rather deliver an RKO on one of those tables than on the floor. Even when not breaking, the table is going to have way more give and response than those thick mats on the floor.

Either way, the RKO looks cool whether or not the table breaks. I wonder if Randy sees this as a personal victory finally getting the drat thing to fall apart.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness to Hernandez that bump looks really no worse than when Kevin Owens does it. It's just that we associate the guy with sloppiness (and rightly so).

It's also just that corner apron bumps are horrifying no matter who is giving/receiving them.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I don't ever want context for any of this. It would ruin it somehow.

I, on the other hand, want to know more. So much more. What is this and where can I see more of it?!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BrigadierSensible posted:

What is the white thing that comes flying out of his face? Did he lose teeth?

I think maybe it's a yarmulke?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

epitasis posted:

how many teeth would that be exactly

By the looks of it, all of them. All at once. All still attached to the jaw.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MiketheGreat posted:

It bothers me more than it should when a guy tucks his arms to take the swing. I'm sure it's "safer" this way, but that's kind of the problem — you're supposed to be dazed enough that a guy can pick you up by the ankles and swing you around. You shouldn't have the awareness to protect your head and change your centre of gravity. Reigns and Cena do this. Your Rusevs and Owenses just ragdoll and let their arms fly, and it looks so much better.

I've super overthought the Cesaro Swing.

I used to feel the same way about guys getting their hands up for chair shots when I was a kid, then I realized it's a normal human instinct to try and protect yourself if you see something coming.

Also, to your point, Roman wasn't dazed when he got the swing - he had just missed the apron dropkick and Cesaro grabbed him quickly, if I recall correctly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think this is my favorite wrestling move. It just always looks so loving cool. Dustin Rhodes has a pretty great one as well.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Not enough thunder fire powerbombs in wrestling these days IMHO

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Suplex Liberace posted:

how about a tag team ganso bomb and then a second powerbomb for good luck?

https://i.imgur.com/uxxTPvb.mp4

I’ll take it!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

This dude’s really feeling it

Really loved the insert shot of them removing the satchel or whatever from the turnbuckle. Everyone was really great in this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Yeah - that spot isn't inherently dangerous, in this case it's a matter of either Mercedes not throwing Diamante far enough or Stat/Willow not being in position

I'm guessing they probably expected Mercedes to throw her further. Maybe with a few steps/a running start she could have landed here where they were standing, but who knows. If they could nail down the details and do it safely regularly it'd be cool as poo poo, but Stat and Willow are probably the two best suited to catch and possibly save someone in a spot like that so I don't know that I'd trust anyone else to catch me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

I genuinely don't know how he's been a wrestler this long without clocking that the way moves like that work is you aim to the side and PAST them, and let the other dude sell it.

He’s a shooter