Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

astr0man posted:

edit: You're at 2.3 inches per 360 which is incredibly high sens and you should lower it
How, how do people play like that? :psyduck:

The Daltony posted:

Wonder what maps are getting in next since O: Bravo is ending in a week.

Any chance of the de_tuscan remake those guys did or is the original mapmaker still missing / dragging his feet about porting it to GO?
de_toscan is good, I've got no problems with it. It's probably 'too ugly' to be straight added to matchmaking and would have to be prettied up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

The first kill this video is one of the most :drat: kills I've gotten since being born and it's because med/high sens allows for really fun shots and super aggressive play. I like that

Yeah but med/high sensitivity to you and I is a 360 of like 10", not 2".

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Waltchelg posted:

I would hardly call 10"/360 high sensitivity.

It's a high sensitivity. 2" is stupid, 10" is high.

I mean it obviously works for you but it's still high.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 14, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Learn to think for yourself!

I am you motherfucker!

:csgo:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I've yet to meet a player with great game sense but consistently garbage aim.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

If you don't have much playtime in and are still in the Silvers you'll probably have a bad time. Spectate a couple of games before you jump in just to see what you're dealing with.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

jerkstoresup posted:

12 bullets vs 100. This is a textbook "going in one-by-one" failure.

Not even that, they could have just held a few positions around the site and waited for him to enter but noooope gotta get them kills. They knew where he was, there are only two places he could exit kitchen, they just had to wait a bit. The last two could have even set up an easy crossfire but they both play the same spot.

You even see this in a lot of NA pro games where it's always challenge challenge challenge with little patience.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

iBP vs Titan(Very Games) going on right now for the ESEA LAN finals. Titan has to win one bo3, iBP has to win two bo3s.

First bo3: iBP > Titan 16:9, 16:14.

What up now french belgians?

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 19, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

iBP > Titan for ESEA Grand Finals
16:9 de_season
16:14 de_dust2

15:19 de_cache
16:11 de_nuke
16:14 de_inferno

Nice to see them win it as they've been often regarded as chokers on LAN and NAs #2 team. Plus they were up against the #1/2 team in the world with easily 2 of the top 5 players in it. They've got some great players on their team, seem like genuinely nice guys and stream a lot on twitch. Hopefully this provides a good boost for NA CS.

Now we just need to get Cache and Season into the rotations of other tournaments or it's gonna be CS:Inferno Offensive all over again at EMS.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Proves that CoD players can play pro CS :v:

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Just had a teamstack where I was with four dudes who decided to throw four molotovs at spawn so you'd have to run through it. Every round possible. When I mentioned this in global to vent they decided I was too uncool for them and votekicked me out. God bless Counter-Strike.
I mean... you're solo matchmaking. I don't wanna say you were walking down a dark alley etc etc buuuut

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

causticBeet posted:

I watched some pro CSGO the other night for the first time and one of the most striking/impressive things was how effectively they were able to rush through choke points as 5 on maps like inferno and clean poo poo up.

Everyone knows where they're supposed to look on entry and what corners to check, everyone knows where the flashes/smokes are going to go off and what they cover. It's easy to clear a lane if there are only a couple of places the CTs can effectively fight from during a play.

Anyone can do it, just takes a lot of practice, coordination and confidence. Confidence is huge in CS.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Lag shield ban euros

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Razzled posted:

What is the appropriate way to take B site from Apartments as T on Mirage? I always have to push push push my team to check van fast and push out window at the same time, not sit around in apartment letting them rotate. Is there a more vetted method?

If you're playing Valve Mirage you should probably never go B.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

That video is incredible.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Bring back 1.6 where everything was made out of plywood and cardboard.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Fat Lou posted:

Hahaha, I wait with bated breath for Cole or Mcvey to see this.
New players gonna new. As long as he took a lesson from it(if a SG goes off on the bomb there's probably someone on it) he hopefully won't have a repeat performance.

There's willful ignorance(running across de_train with a smoke out before finally TKing your teammate) and then there's being new.

Necc0 posted:

I've watched this like three times now and I'm still not sure what's going on
Forget it necco, it's goonman.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Babyface Mingo posted:

rofl and onto the list of "people to last pick" zaphod goes, right next to pengy and mcvey.

loooool like I'd ever get picked.

Because I'm always doing the picking:cool:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Bashez posted:

I stopped doing it because it's like backseat driving. I just let people play now.
I'm all for backseat driving because most of the time I need it but a voice_enable 0 bind helps if you've gotta concentrate.

Babyface Mingo posted:

MCVEY I need to get back into CS:Go let's have some training sess, I'll paypal you 1 btc per month or so.
I don't even know who you are. :colbert:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Carrier posted:

I was more coming from the sportsmanship end of, you're dead, so you shouldn't be able to contribute to poo poo thats going on with the people still alive... But I guess that isn't very enforcable.

Sportsmanship? How is sportsmanship involved? :psyduck:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Who cares if he used the word 'sportsmanship'. He's generally right. Not to say I don't talk while I'm dead way too often, but generally speaking, stfu when you're dead.

I read it more as "dead people giving info is unfair because something" but yeah you're right.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NihilCredo posted:

"If I manage to ambush this guy and kill him [with a silenced weapon] before he can even shout a warning, the rest of his team should be left clueless about where or what I am" is a very natural player expectation and there are entire gaming genres built around it, so it's perfectly understandable that people would like it to work that way in multiplayer shooters as well.

What other strategic round based shooters does this? I can't think of any. It's crazy to not want that in CS. ESEA did it for CSGO in its PUG games and it sucked.

But... we should do a no deadtalk goonman.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jan 28, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

RogerWilco or nothing.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

#comehomecent

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Population: 0

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Throw it at a corner or into a smoke but other than that keep them for fakeflashes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

down with slavery posted:

yo someone post my molotov on mcvey from season a few days ago, molotovs own get over it nubs

Clutchest molly I've seen.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Lemming posted:

The best bug I've had so far is when for 3 rounds at the start of the match my view was 100ft above my character. I couldn't shoot anybody but I could tell my team where the T's were going every round :shepface:
Jump.

astr0man posted:

Fire can be useful but I never buy it because I prefer having a 2nd flash.
If mollys were $500 on CT I'd probably buy them more but then they'd be OP. I usually don't buy them T because I don't have a bind set up for them.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 4, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Xenaero posted:

I think it'd be cool to just downrank to silver forever.
Keep at it Xen, if anyone can do it it's you :)

Lemming posted:

Can someone please explain to me why there are guns other than the bizon in the game, they just seem superfluous.
I remember the Bizon. It was good.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Is the game fixed yet? ie nerf Aug and Sig back to normal levels.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Well yeah there's no way the Aug and Sig are going to stay like this so enjoy it while it lasts. Weapon balance was fine, the deagle needed a buff but that was about it.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

If you can consistently 1 Deag at close range, you can do even better with the Tec-9.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Rosh posted:

Did H2K pull off the comeback?

Yes :geno:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

I pop flash Long A and peek.

:csgo:

BOOM HEADSHOT

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

Dicking around in a not started pug with 1 AFK guy, while he's sitting in pit I'm tapping the Deagle at him (from top of ramp) with about a second inbetween each shot at center mass and it hit 1 shot. That's some pretty bad spread at range.

It's a deagle, you're shooting him from as far away as you're gonna get in a CS map, even the AK isn't pinpoint accurate at that distance.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

Not a single person using them in a full ESEA pug. Interesting, because when they buffed the XM they were all over it, matches with only the XM being used etc.

Because it's no fun for anyone if all the CTs do is Aug up every round. Look at what happened at the EMS qualifiers today, or any MM match apparently. Who are you on Steam anyways?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Dvsilverwing posted:

Dvsilverwing, I don't do goonmans if you're trying to recognize me from somewhere. Not in the group or anything.

Why not?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Sylink posted:

CS players are maybe 2nd to RTS players on the scale of bitching about balance and minor changes that offend your sensibilities.
Have you played the game since the recent patch?

Slaapaav posted:

I am new to CSGO why should I get these scoped rifles over an AK?
Because they are better in every way if you can pick one up. They're basically CoD guns.

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 8, 2014

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Sylink posted:

Yes, I have no complaints.

you're poo poo, mate

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Slaapaav posted:

I dont play cod so that doesn't explain it very well for me. What is a cod gun?

Go deathmatch with an AUG for 2 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Coleman posted:

Here's the way I look at it.

I enjoy PC FPSes, COD, Battlefield, CS, TF2, whatever, I enjoy them all. The reason I love CS over all the others is because there's no "press here to win the game" option. Everything has it's strengths and weaknesses over everything else. The AK has power, the M4 has accuracy. The AWP has OHK, but can't move while shooting. Other games, COD, Battlefield, you can point at one loadout and go "well if you wanna do well, just use that".

Right now in CS:GO, the Aug is a "press here to win the game" button. It's not fun, it's the exact opposite of why a lot of people play CS. I love 1.6, and I think CS:GO would be better off trying to be more like 1.6, but I also welcome changes. I'm interested to see how the new grenade throws effect gameplay. I've come to like Cache, and Season. I like that pretty much every SMG is viable, I like that the pistols all have their uses. But other than the big three, AWP, AK, and M4 (which are balanced without being the same), there was no one gun on any team from any weapon set that was just a guaranteed win, right now there is.

Sorry you can't cope with change, maybe try to play better??

• Locked thread