Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Suggestion for the OP: This playlist

And question: is there a way to access the demos that the server records of goonpugs? Or should I just get into the habit of demostarting every game I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I loving love playing with prost and I wish the opportunity would come up more often

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I wish fat lou had been playing when I dominated that Inferno game :negative:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

All this amazing technology discussion. Let's just go the whole hog and have it automatically capture all the marked demos, compile them into a video file every month and upload them to YouTube with a random song from the Official Goonpug Playlist

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS47x7vTzoY

and then i never matchmade again

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

Any setting above 6/11 will cause it to skip/miss pixels, and vice versa. 6/11 is the only "1:1" setting.

Thanks for this discussion. Just checked mine and it was 5/11, which I can now use as an excuse for my terrible performance in all goonmans prior.

Also time for another episode of what I hope is becoming a popular series!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMePu6cO7Bc

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I'm using the new steelseries rival and it's a loving fantastic mouse. The rubberised sides are so loving comfy and it just fits my hand so well, and I definitely got a lot better at CS when I traded up to it from my venerable MX518.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in9pYBir7Co

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5JHXI73EuM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xa5c5cl83s

Fun fact, these were 2 subsequent rounds. I guess my anger from the first fuelled the second.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Smug Mug posted:

I've got a video of a 5 kill round using only a scout. It's super pubstar play though, so I won't be posting it here.

I guess what I'm saying is that you can use the non-viable guns as long as you're either smurfing or low rank.

The scout still gets occasionally picked up in high-level play as a poverty buy but only by players with extremely good aim. The babby rifles are of course poverty buy mainstays, and for certain roles on certain maps shotguns are also valid poverty buys. There's plenty of weapons that get used in this game, it's just that at high level play they're not worth it if you can afford an M4 or AK.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Apparently my headphones are broken? I could still hear gunshots, but not defusing or people talking. Like the tweeter broke but not the bass? And it must have been intermittent too...

I don't feel so bad about that Cache round, though. Not my fault! :( Need to buy new headphones I guess.

Make sure you aren't using 5.1 sound in the game options, it's bugged.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Speaking of highlights, Fat Lou you're gonna want this one from the 2nd aborted Dust2 game last night

Keep an eye on elevator at the end of the round.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Dvsilverwing posted:

Even ESEA has changed it to where dead teammates can communicate with living teammates. I'm guessing mainly so you can still call things even if you get bum-rushed and die immediately or mid-sentence.

Uh, it's more that it's an unenforcable rule. If you place any restrictions whatsoever on the ingame voice chat then people simply won't use it in favour of external VOIP apps.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Speaking of videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50BPip0K_6Y

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

The only very niche use for a molotov is forcing an enemy out of an enclosed area. stuff like that loving big box on season B site or the various hidey holes on toscan A. It's very rarely worth the cost.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

For anyone still arguing the AUG is balanced, look at this for a visual guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYA3YUM-MzQ&t=410s

Just look at the spread. You cannot think this acceptable in a game like CS.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Let me know when you finish a clutch ace with 1hp and 0 bullets remaining. Then I'll be impressed. :smug:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Really if you're playing serious CS you should be rotating sites and moving around the map based on what your team mates are calling. If your team mates aren't calling then you're just playing a game of chance and probabilities.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

we've reached peak goonpug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd9eISc1sU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Haha did one of you guys ban zach for cheating? I wasn't in the server but here's what he said on skype:

code:
[06:03:36] Zach: Killed a guy mini
[06:03:41] Zach: sprayed door cause w.e gently caress it yolo
[06:03:44] Zach: guy shoots back
[06:03:46] Zach: I run to mini
[06:03:48] Zach: hear him reload
[06:03:50] Zach: he kills me
[06:03:53] Zach: banned for cheating
[06:03:54] Zach: lmao
[06:03:57] Zach: loving pathetic
I've known him for a while, and he's not a cheater. What exactly happened from you guys' point of view?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Obviously I'm his friend so I'm going to stick up for him. That said I'm kind of surprised that this has turned into such a huge thing, I didn't expect other people to stick up for him and I'm kinda grateful for that when the evidence can look pretty damning at times.

So let me give you a backstory on me and Zach. I've known him for a few years now and we play a lot of games together, and csgo is just the latest of those. When I gave up on MM, he kinda dragged me back into it, played with me and tried (and failed) to carry me out of gold nova and we both got tired of dealing with the rank gap between his elite and my nova generally putting us with a team of players barely better than me VS a team of players only slightly worse than him.
He started to ask me about the passworded server I was in a lot, I showed him some of the Fat Lou vids, he liked them and asked if he could play. I'd heard other people in the server before talking about having a buddy in or mentioning they were a friend of goon X so I figured it was cool. I first gave him the server password about 2 months ago and although he doesn't exactly play every night, for the most part he's been participating occasionally and getting along with most people both with me and when I'm not around as well.

He's mentioned to me a few times that he thinks I play goonpugs too much, that the level is too low and I won't learn things and improve by playing against the same people all the time. Maybe as a tangent of that, I don't often see him playing and buying seriously when he plays goonmans - he fucks around and does a lot of dumb poo poo just like he does when he plays with me in MM against novas. I told him a few times that would piss off some people but he doesn't really care. And for the record I don't think he's massively upset at being banned from the server, he spends most of his time playing MM or pugs with another group of friends who are actually at his level. So I don't even know if a big debate about it is necessary when I don't even know if he wants to come back to the server again.

This isn't really me defending him, more a character reference for people wondering exactly who this guy is and how he got here. I've known him for a long time and he frankly just doesn't care enough to cheat at these kinda games. But obviously I can't offer any absolute hard evidence that he isn't a hacker, so I'm not really going to join in with this debate despite me being the "cause" of it. He's my friend, if he gets unbanned and we can goonpug together again that'd be cool, if he doesn't then I'll probably buy him a smurf account next time csgo is on sale and we'll go back to loving around in MM. What I'm more concerned about right now is inter-goon drama kicking off because of someone I invited to the server and I'd really like it if everyone could just cool off for now because this makes me feel real lovely.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Yeah sorry for not being specific, last time we MMed he was master guardian elite.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

mcvey posted:

I've seen much much worse players get frags in goonmen that they have no right getting, it's the nature of CSGO.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifd9eISc1sU&t=30s

Why wasn't I banned for this?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Around 10-12pm GMT we usually ha e enough euros to run an eu vs na game although it doesn't often happen. No shortage of us though.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

kcer posted:

Join the group chat room and just play. Just make sure you know how to use a microphone and know the spot names on maps otherwise mcvey will pause the match and kick you.

Mcvey never kicked me so I kinda assumed everyone was safe

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Rosh posted:

It should be, but more than likely the "rush everywhere" plan is put into motion.

The best rounds are the ones where you clear and secure A site only to find your team mates also cleared B site and are planting there

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I only started playing competitively in like November and I'm already generally fragging in the top 3 of my team whenever I play goonmans. I have a 5 year coin but don't be fooled, I spent those 5 years very sporadically playing gungame 24/7 servers with a 1 inch 360.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

The augtism in this thread is driving me apeshit.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

VoiceOfIntuition posted:

Oh and yesterday my triggerbot setting was a bit off and I did this: http://gfycat.com/KeenAdvancedIbis

sorry carl :blush:

this looks like all the evidence required for a permaban from the server in this troper's opinion

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Can you still get bonus drops if you watch official tournaments in a twitch pop-out window?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Ugh gently caress that. Just having twitch chat up anywhere on my screen makes me angry, so I guess I'll have to do without free drops in exchange for a more enjoyable viewing experience.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Luckily noone recorded my awp unclutch TK from last night and fat lou wasn't in the server.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Why don't Valve just include an option in the menu to matchmake in 64 or 128 tick? Switch half of their servers to 128 and only put people on servers according to which option they picked.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

http://youtu.be/6rmH5-10Bdk I'm sure I've seen these smokes used in goonmans before

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Twerk from Home posted:

If everyone (or at least all but one) person on your team can afford armor, helmet, and a rifle then you all buy armor, helmet & rifle. If multiple people can't afford helmet & rifle, then just buy a P250 or FiveseveN and no armor, and save money for next round.

This is all in the OP with way more detail.

Also note that this is just a starting point for beginners. As you get better you'll get used to concepts like keeping your money even with your team on save rounds. You can spend a bit more on nades or even armour if you're the richest.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Steelseries Rival is the best mouse scrubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

astr0man posted:

Free live laugh love

he's probably dead btw

• Locked thread