Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Chiming in to say GoonPugs are a cool thing and helped me to learn alot about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

It's mostly a cycle of anger and depression. With a few bouts of happiness in between when you happen to pull a game with 30 kills.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

We should have a google spreadsheet or something to take notes on the date/time of crazy moments after a match is done.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Well until your fancy demo code gets implemented, I put a link to a sheet in the Buttmen thread.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

Apparently my headphones are broken? I could still hear gunshots, but not defusing or people talking. Like the tweeter broke but not the bass? And it must have been intermittent too...

I don't feel so bad about that Cache round, though. Not my fault! :( Need to buy new headphones I guess.
To be fair, I should've run up and killed him since there were two of us and one of him.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Dota 2 is terrible anyway. Come back to the Goonmans Cent.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

There was a match on Toscan yesterday where I whipped around and killed Xen in CT spawn when he was trying to deag me. If we could put that in a video.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

From what I've seen, you could be doing a backflip with the shotgun and you'd still hit your target.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Clearly you have to fight Xen and record a demo of said match. I'm betting on Team Tec-9.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Daeno posted:

I managed to sneak some footage of the banning process last night.

Everybody lighten up, let's all shoot some dudes and have fun.

There are no words to describe the beauty of this video.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Does anybody know how to get to the roofs on Favela? Pengy, Daeno, and a couple other guys were in an MM with me on CT side. Near the end of the match the T's just start appearing from the goddamn rooftops and shooting us. I'm suspecting that the dumpster in the small alley near T spawn is how they get there, but I have not been able to find any spots that are boost-able to yet.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Another masterpiece.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I got a deagle ace the other day. Best feeling ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOcdkMTjsZs

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

:getin:

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Look I just need Pavarotti back on the radio in cs_italy. Or maybe just replace it with "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)".

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

We've had several matches in Crown on the Buttmen Brigade server and it's actually a pretty neat map. Hope to see it on the next operation!

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Link to Crown on the workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=239672577

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

What kind of crates?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I'm going to get my hands on that doge sticker if it's the last thing I do. My name ain't IronDoge for nothing.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I wish I could unhear that rap, dear lord.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

kcer posted:

Are bombs totally immune to collisions, or is it only when they're on the ground? I'd be very okay with dropping the bomb in spawn if it meant you could awp it midair directly into a bombsite.

Time for some Goonman Mythbusters

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Does buyrandom not work outside of deathmatch?

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Can you buy stuff from a cfg file? So if I have
code:
buy weapon_p250
inside weapon.cfg for example and in your autoexec put
code:
bind kp_ins "exec weapon.cfg"
will that buy a p250 in game?

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 30, 2014

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

In that case here's my hacked together solution.

First, you run this bat file:
code:
@echo off
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion
SET cspath=%1
rem Pistols (Starter pistols not included)
SET weapon[0]=weapon_p250; weapon_cz75a
SET weapon[1]=weapon_tec9; weapon_fiveseven
SET weapon[2]=weapon_deagle
SET weapon[3]=weapon_elite
rem SMGs
SET weapon[4]=weapon_mp9; weapon_mac10
SET weapon[5]=weapon_mp7
SET weapon[6]=weapon_ump45
SET weapon[7]=weapon_p90
SET weapon[8]=weapon_bizon
rem Rifles
SET weapon[9]=weapon_m4a1; weapon_ak47
SET weapon[10]=weapon_aug; weapon_sg556
SET weapon[11]=weapon_famas; weapon_galilar
SET weapon[12]=weapon_ssg08
SET weapon[13]=weapon_awp
SET weapon[14]=weapon_scar20; weapon_G3SG1
rem Heavy
SET weapon[15]=weapon_nova
SET weapon[16]=weapon_mag7; weapon_sawedoff
SET weapon[17]=weapon_xm1014
SET weapon[18]=weapon_negev
SET weapon[19]=weapon_m249
:start
cls
SET /A test=%RANDOM% * 20 / 32768
echo CS:GO Random Weapon Generator
echo Random gun: !weapon[%test%]!
echo buy !weapon[%test%]! > %cspath%/randomweapon.cfg
ping 192.0.2.2 -n 1 -w 2000 >NUL
echo.
GOTO :start
This takes one parameter of wherever your cfg directory is. So to run it just run
code:
C:\randomweapon.bat C:\your_counterstrike_dir\cfg
In your autoexec add:
code:
bind kp_ins "exec randomweapon.cfg"
So every time you hit insert it will buy whatever weapon happens to be in the file. It changes every 2 seconds, which of course can be shortened.

Comments? I'm at work at the moment, so can't test this till later today.

IronDoge fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 30, 2014

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

What else did you want to randomize? You could change it out for pretty much anything.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

ScienceAndMusic posted:

So trying to introduce two newbies to competitive. They haven't ever played cs:go before. Is there a tried and true way to get them immersed without scaring them off?

It was really unfortunate that their first match was being thrown in against a Master Guardian Elite and a bunch of Novas. Maybe I could get a smurf account so that I could still teach them during matches without bringing in higher ranked people. Practicing on a private server is good and all, but there's no real substitute for playing real games.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

bind ctrl "say I'm trying to crouch like a scrub"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

The top of your screen will have player avatars and x out the ones who are dead.

• Locked thread