Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think the mac10 can be pretty good, once you get the hang of the spray. The mp7 is definitely better, but it's also a lot more expensive.

If I feel like I am put in situations where I can spray, I go with the mac10. If I need to get those instant smg headshots, or to hit people peeking over boxes, then I go for the mp7.

I never buy the mp9 though. I'd rather get the ump than the mp9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Cowabanga posted:

I'm a bit confused on sidestep shooting. As far as I know you press the opposite movement key to quickly get your accuracy up. Do you do that by holding the opposite key with the current key to stop or do you just take your finger off your movement key and quickly tap the opposite key?

I do both, sometimes I'll tap it to stop and shoot, other times i'll hold it, strafe back and forth and try to time my shots each time I change directions.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
So during the winter sale I bought like 3 new accounts to just mess around with in matchmaking.

Anyways, I've been doing kind of dickish things like losing on purpose to see how low of a rank I can get, then see about ranking up from there.

I've found that the ranks seem to be fairly accurate, at least for me. Every time I've found I could basically carry almost every game to victory until I get up to my skill group(high badge, low eagle? I kind of bounce between those two).

If you are getting stuck in the lower ranks, and think you have a pretty good shot, I'd recommend taking things slower. Do more slow walking/creeping, and if they frequently push then sit back and let them push in to you first. Rushing can be good sometimes too(especially if you can rush something like long A on d2 and get that pick quickly), but taking things slow is a lot more reliable.

Also: Use your sound! Listen for footsteps and check it against your radar. It's so easy to pick people off one by one when you can hear them coming and they don't know where you are.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 16, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

As a really terrible player should I not be doing competitive mode? I assumed it would be placing me against other bad players but people are getting mad at how bad I am and I don't want to ruin games.

In my smurfing experience, i've noticed people at the lower ranks seem to get more angry at bad players than at higher ranks. Doesn't really make sense to me, since I'd expect people at the lower ranks to be kind of bad... But it's definitely something I've noticed.

But, people still get mad at the higher ranks too, and will call you bad over anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Players in CS:GO just like to rage.

I'd say just play MM. Deathmatch is good too, but it's really only good for practicing your aim. You need to play MM to learn timing, flashes, smokes, camp spots ect ect. So, do both. DM for practicing aim, and MM for practicing strats. Don't worry about your rank too much, it really doesn't matter much and as you improve your rank will naturally go up.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 18, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Necc0 posted:

My only complaint is that the deathcam lasts about twice as long as it should. That or make it so your deathcam never leaves your perspective so in 90% of cases you're just looking at the sky/ground.

I agree with this. I think it's pretty stupid that you can have a team full rush something, kill a guy, then that guy gets to sit there watching whether this team is actually rushing, or if they start falling back immediately after killing you.

You shouldn't get 5 seconds to sit there and go "They are rushing long! Oh wait no, they all backed off, wait it was a double juke and they are pushing it again!" all after they kill you. It should switch to spectating another player much faster.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I only experience the FPS lag on the goon server.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

I think it'd be cool to just downrank to silver forever.

Getting to the lower silvers is hard. I tried, the lowest I got was silver II and I ended up getting banned for a week because I got kicked for throwing so many times.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Dvsilverwing posted:

Yeah I was on ak-colt trying to deag from t to ct spawn and it wasn't working at all, really. Was hoping for reincarnated CS:S Deagle but nope :(

I never want to see the css deagle again.

Hell, I'd even like a tiny Awp nerf.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

You sure you don't want to see more of this? I do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWfEoFSlFU

If you're more of a 1.6 guy though, I got somethin for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSuBWzqudKo

That's exactly why I don't want to see it. It was a ton of fun I have to admit, but I don't think it was ever really balanced for competition. I'd rather have the deagle be a niche gun which you can occasionally find a use for than just being the best pistol at all times.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I like that they are mixing up the weapon balance.

Personally, I'd like to see m4/ak get nerfed along with the aug and sg, to the point that the aug/sig are just a little bit better than the m4/ak, and the m4/ak are just slightly worse than what they are now.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Yeah the SG isn't as bad as the AUG, but it still has a zoom with slightly more damage (unaffected by armor) and is also a 1HK.

Then you might run into the problem of cost effectiveness vs each other and damage against SMGs. How would you nerf them?

Also after playing some more I think they should have increased moving inaccuracy for full auto weapons far more. Like 200% minimum

'eh i'm not talking huge nerfs or anything, I think rifles would still be in general better than smgs because of the penetration.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Honestly, I think it'd be perfectly fine for them to leave them the way they are, but increase the price substantially. I think that'd work pretty well, because there is a lack of guns in the 3.5-4.5k range.

I think, at their current price range, they are a bit overpowered but I also think some people in this thread are WAY overreacting.

Also, someone being a pro doesn't mean they automatically know better than everyone else. It's pretty common in most competitive esport games for something to come out, and have a ton of claims about it being overpowered until people learn to deal with it.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 9, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

whatis posted:

low-hanging fruit, but a friend recorded this from a casual game earlier and i died when he showed it to me

http://youtu.be/8DEm_f9LrKw

lol, that was pretty good. Also, my god is that a huge crosshair.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
ESEA is boring.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't mind the custom loadouts at all, I think it makes the game more interesting. Only downside that I can see is that they have more guns to balance, but as long as they balance it properly I don't see the problem.

I think it adds flavor.

Plus, like fat lou, I wanted an auto pistol too.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I only messed around with it for like 5 minutes, and it seemed pretty strong. But I don't think i'll ever have it as my only gun, you burn through those 24 bullets very fast.

So it'll only really ever be used as a secondary weapon to a rifle, and in that case I don't think it seemed overpowered.

But like I said, 5 minutes of just dicking around, so my opinion is subject to change.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
1.6 should be erased from everyone's memory forever. Counterstrike started with css.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

ProfessionalNinja posted:

Also, you still get credit for the win even if you were kicked (I believe). My friend got credit for a win even though he disconnected and his 3 minutes timed out in the last few rounds of a match the other day, not sure if kicking has the same effect though.

That's happened to me, but only when I got kicked very close to the end. I've gotten kicked from a game i'm certain was won by my team, and not gotten the credit as well.

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Isn't matchmaking rank based on rounds won, not games won? At least you still get credit for the rounds you played, if not the satisfaction of seeing the VICTORY thing.

I don't think anyone knows for certain because we can't see our actual elo. So the only hint we get is whether we rank up after a game or not.

I've ranked up on a tie and on a win, but never on a loss. Not to say that rounds won(or even score) has no impact, it could make you lose less elo if you did well, but I don't think it has enough of an impact to make you gain elo on a loss.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Anyone remember the De_lite map? Just asking because a friend of mine did a reproduction of the 1.6 version of the map. He said he tried to copy the 1.6 map as perfectly as possible.

I haven't played it yet, but i'm kind of interested in trying it out. I could get the map to try out if anyone else is interested.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Theresa Frontpage posted:

Upside down? What?

Sometimes when people hack, they turn their view upside down for whatever reason(to make it more blatant? idk), so when you spectate them their view is upside down and they run around headshotting people.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Solo Queueing works just fine for me.

It's an elo system, so you don't really get dragged down by those lovely players or by trolls. It's an average, and on average everyone will get those lovely players and trolls at the same rate. Just win more than you lose, and if you don't then maybe you belong at your elo.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Salt Fish posted:

It's anti-aim. Your "head" is on the bottom of your model.

Makes sense, I never realize it was actually flipping the hitboxes. I thought it was more of a "neener neener i'm hacking, you should get mad at me" because of how obvious it made it(as if the aimbot jerk wasn't enough)

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

Is it up on the workshop? I saw somebody posting screens from their remake of de_lite on esea, wonder if it's the same dude you're talking about?

Anyway if it's not up yet and it's playable/finished, I'd definitely be down for throwing it on the buttmen server.

Just checked, yeah it's up on the workshop by "anthony"

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I find Matchmaking to be a lot more casual than goonmans.

Both are fun, but when I just want to run around and do whatever, I play MM.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

henne posted:

i reopened cs and didn't see anything, i'm probably just dumb though.

I had a thing like that happen.

It was pretty weird. I crashed, relaunched cs:go, no rejoin button and I immediately jumped a brand new MM match.

I was kind of thinking my team already surrendered or something? Because I don't know what else would explain that. But I wasn't gone long enough to have abandoned it.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I watched about half of each demo. I saw a few things which I might call suspicious(like happening to push at the right times, or turning around and watching a flank at the right time), but nothing I'd call conclusive. I think you can find suspicious activity with most decent players too. Hell, I remember in css being accused of hacking, being handed a demo of myself and thinking "Wow, that does look suspicious".

I also think it is possible to hack and look less suspicious than someone who doesn't hack. All it takes is a little bit of discipline in what information you act on. If this person was hacking, then he certainly didn't act on a LOT of information he would have had. It can be hard to differentiate between knowing where someone is, and making decent guesses based on where someone could have gone since they were last seem.

My opinion doesn't really matter, I just feel like putting my 2 cents in anyways. I think he could be hacking, and could be legit, but it could go either way and I don't think there was enough evidence from what I watched.

But I was always one to err on the side of not-guilty if I couldn't solidly prove it. Then again, someone said he admitted to hacking on alt accounts? Definitely something that would make me more suspicious, and less sympathetic to him being banned.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

I use crosshair style 1 right now, so it's fixed, and made the cl_fixedcrosshairgap like 10 or something kinda large. It's decent.

Yeah. Best to ignore the thread, mostly.

What are you talking about? This is the most fun this thread has been in ages! Hacking Drama! Stupid arguments! Controversial hacking evidence posted!

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 19, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Ernie. posted:

I honestly don't know how the ranking thing works (will I stop being allowed to play with silver goons if I'm put in gold?) but I'm ~7 wins away from knowing what rank I am. I feel like whatever it is, I'll just play with goonmans and get my face wrecked in 100x because given how easy it is to rush and get kills in silver mm, I'll probably be a worse player graduating from the lower ranks than someone should be coming out of them.

You can play with any rank, it does matchmaking based on averaging each teams elo basically.

Just make a habit of playing a lot slower in goonmans, watch corners more and don't push much.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think you can make a good argument for saying that, on average, lower sensitivity is better. And it's definitely something I'd suggest at least trying to a newcomer to cs:go. But I think that individual preference and familiarity can play a big part too.

There are definitely people at the pro level with high sensitivities who are better than us all. So there's that too.

-edit- I just realize, I haven't looked at my mouse sense in a while, and it's set at 3.0 and 800. I wonder if the values got reset some time ago, and I just never realize it.... Guess i'll have to do some fiddling.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 21, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Coleman posted:

I really wish this conversation would just die. The bottom line is, when you look at appropriate sensitivities, there needs to be a range, not a magic number. 2.0 at 800 (or 900 like me) DPI might be on the HIGH side of "normally low" but it's still going to be fine if you can adjust to it.

But I think we should all just never mention sensitivity again.

You just hate anything people argue over, don't you? =(

I enjoy a good argument. Or a bad one too, I guess. Yeah, I guess I just like arguing.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I really like my G9x from logitech. Had a G9, and it broke after about 4 months, and they replaced it with the g9x which i've been using for about 3 years now.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I don't see a problem with csgo deathmatch. It does what it's supposed to do. That is, to be a mindless "Shoot everything that moves" gametype.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

teagone posted:

I took offense to your whole "hurr let me draw you up a venn diagram to explain why your way of thinking is obviously dumb". You could have just said calling it "B halls" is better with an explanation as to why, but you went out of your way to be a condescending asshat towards me for no apparent reason.

IDK, it kind of looked like you were being deliberately obtuse in your previous replies. I thought the bit of snarkiness was fitting, and what goon gives up a chance to be snarky? That's like what goons do. They snark at people.
*shrug*

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Still can't use anything in my inventory, Valve hasn't got back with me. I can SEE my inventory at all points, but no matter what I select I'm stuck with release day defaults. I can't even use the usp or m4a1 or cz. No skins, no alt weps, despite having them selected. Super weird. Tried everything in the book. There's gotta be something.

Done. That's not a bad track. Usually not a big fan of sonic tracks.

I had this happen a few times. I never did anything to cause it, and it just went away on it's own. It seems like it happened when steam was having trouble.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Seems really weird to happen like 5 days in a row, though.

Yeah, It's happened to me like 3 or so times, and each incident was separated by weeks. So not sure.. *shrug*

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I played competitive MM for the first time, losing 2 matches out of 3, the latter two I played with two dudes I play DayZ mod with, they're fairly new to CS:GO and didn't really do too well, the other dudes in our team just tried to votekick both my mates about once every three rounds or so, I finished top fragger for our team both games and still got called noob a whole lot for failing to get a get clutch kill. People take MM very seriously but I got to say it was a lot of fun despite the lovely attitude of our pubbie teammates.

A funny thing i've noticed after playing around with different accounts at different ranks...

People at the lower ranks get angry a LOT faster than people at higher ranks. You can be top fragging in silver elo, and you miss a clutch and suddenly your entire team is voting to kick you. I mean people get mad at the higher ranks too, but I've definitely noticed it more frequently when i'm smurfing. Maybe it's because there are more trolls at the lower ranks, so people have lower tolerance for any shenanigans.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Slaapaav posted:

How do you use the ump? 250 movement speed yolo strafing in close while spraying the whole mag? Do you avoid engaging people at long and medium range? What do you do against people that can actually aim at stuff?

It is really good vs people without armor + helmet though.

edit: wait its not even 250 ms in cs go.

I occasionally like to use the UMP, but i don't use it to spray. I use it to dink people with 1-3 shot bursts. Only spray in emergencies, or when very close.

But UMP is my favorite long range SMG for when you can't afford a rifle.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I find that unless i'm very close range, spraying with the ak is almost always a bad idea.

Also, I prefer to try to one click the ak. I might do a few 2 round bursts, and I usually start out with a 2 round burst. But I find that if I keep trying to do 2 round bursts I get a lot less hits than when I keep it to 1 round bursts.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Pr0phecy posted:

Can you put the same sticker on the same gun multiple times?

yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I think that consecutive wins have an impact on elo gain. I mean given equal elos each game you would gain more elo if you win 5 in a row and lose 1 than if you won 2 lost 1 and won 3.

not 100%, but it sure seems that way.

Regarding the rank distribution, If you go in to your leaderboard, it shows a percentage for your rank. But I'm not entirely sure what the percentage means. I would assume it means what percentage of people are at your elo, but that doesn't seem right because my two badge accounts are at 22.5% and 7.3% and my eagle account is at 68.0%. I have a silver II account at 17.4%

So I'm not entirely sure what the percentage means...

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Mar 6, 2014

• Locked thread