Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Yeti's got a nice face. Not sure what's up with that bling on his cape, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
I wonder how many vests Glenn owns.

Edit: Why the hell does the guest judge care so much about what Belle would or would not kiss? It's weird. Stop it.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Magnus Condomus posted:

Season 1 had that backwards quadrupedal pregnant alien with no clothes.

Sometimes, I really miss Tate.

And I think the reason why very few people attempt robots is because rigid, man-made forms are harder for most people to sculpt than organic forms. Look how much trouble everyone had with the Tin Man back in the season 2 premier. It's also easier to hide imperfections on organic-looking prosthetics when you're quickly sculpting by hand (and we know how much Glenn hates unintentional asymmetry).

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit - I just looked through the list and went "Oh yeah, that guy ... and that guy ... and that guy." None of them are really funny or interesting or even overly annoying or overconfident and none of their makeups are ever super good or super bad, it's a fairly bland season.

Yeah, I'm having this problem, too. Usually by the fourth episode or so I have a pretty good grasp of all the contestants' names/their work, but I'm having a hard time this season. Who did the ice dragon a couple of episodes ago? Was that Tyler? I can't even remember.

Also, maybe this is just editing, but it doesn't seem like anyone's having, you know, fun this season. No one's getting really excited about their ideas or trying to push the boundaries. Chloe especially just gives off this vibe that she does not want to be here at all.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Cockroach guy sounds promising.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Yeah, I can't remember any good-looking arm extensions in past seasons. Maybe this will be a first!

Edit: Also, Corinne's sculpt is...really boring. She's in trouble.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
It's like none of these people have seen a horror movie. This is kind of distressing.

Edit: Okay, that's a lie. I like cockroach guy.

Cristatus fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Feb 12, 2014

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

I feel like Chloe, Graham, Tyler and Rashaad are gonna be the four to get to the semi finals. Although George I could see sneaking in there instead of Graham.

I'd say Corrine over Chloe. Corrine's been more consistent, and Chloe seems to get...stressed out? It's hard to tell, but there have been some moments where she looks like she just doesn't want to be in the competition at all.

The Jersey Devil was an odd one. All the characteristics that make a recognizable Jersey Devil -- the goat/horse face, the long neck, skinny legs, etc. -- don't fit that well on a human body. But at the same time, you'd think they could have come up with something more interesting than a horned woman in a dress.

Also, Doug Jones is a classy, classy dude.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
All the guys are having a ton of fun this week. No matter how their makeups actually turn out, it's fun to watch. Rashaad and that hair :3:

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Chloe and Corinne's look like the most busted sex dolls ever.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

Seems to me the best way to do leeches is a mummy-looking guy with no blood left. Better than just a dude with some lil boogers stuck on him.

I thought she was going to do a mutant man-leech, like the Flukeman from X-Files. The challenge was pretty loose -- McKenzie just said that their makeups had to be "inspired by" the medical devices. She never said "these devices have to be used on your patients." So I have no idea why Corrine chose a concept that would have next to no visual impact on the stage.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
You know, I thought Tyler's was going to end up looking like the Michelin Man, but it's pretty creepy. He did a great job with it.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Did one of the artists have that amazing Diablo costume in their portfolio, or did I hallucinate that? That's pretty badass.

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010

Bored posted:

Oh gently caress. I forgot that they can't have a finale without a really terrible dance number.

Hey, remember back in season 1, when they just had to make two characters that stood in front of a backdrop? Remember how great that was, because the artists could do whatever without having to worry if the make-up would fall off during the dubstep dance? I miss that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cristatus
Apr 23, 2010
Soooooo happy for Rashaad. Man, that was a close one, though -- Tyler could have taken it and I would have been happy with that, too. They both do amazing work.

• Locked thread