Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

I'm still digesting the album (its vanishing from Spotify at least twice mid-listen doesn't help), but Pete Seeger and Bruce Springsteen did a version of Ghost of Tom Joad a while ago that's also pretty good. I think I like the High Hopes take better, but this version is worth a listen or two.

It's Pete Seeger as hell though, down to a call-and-response chorus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

BrooklynBruiser posted:

It's definitely Pete Seeger as hell, which is one of the reasons I like it so much. America could use more Pete Seegers and I'm gonna be SO loving SAD when he dies.

Shut up, 94's not that old. :smith:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

:siren: We have US tour dates! :siren:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

I'd be surprised if he doesn't do a summer leg in Europe and then comes back to the states for the fall, which is what he's done a bunch of times before. A Springsteen tour without Jersey just feels... wrong.

But I've also been thinking that about The Replacements getting back together and not playing Minneapolis, so take that for what it's worth. :shrug:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

A complete performance of The River?

• Locked thread